Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attachments to fictional characters

+4
Kallen Kozuki
SHSL Gang Leader
Kilvas
Fondos Aquila
8 posters

Go down

Attachments to fictional characters Empty Attachments to fictional characters

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:55 pm

Lots of people get them. ITT, discuss who you're attached to and why(if you can). Try and keep the "lolthatpersonsucks" to a minimum, and if you wonder why someone would like such-and-such character despite what you might find as obvious character flaws, ask in a... kind manner.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Grade : 7351
Charm : 206

Back to top Go down

Attachments to fictional characters Empty Re: Attachments to fictional characters

Post by Kilvas Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:15 pm

DEIDARA. heart
Deidara Deidara Deidara.
loldidn'tseethatcoming

He's an artist, I respect that. And I just the sense of pride he takes in his art. It makes me respect him even more. The mouths in his hands are a plus, too. << >> He doesn't care about what anyone says about his art, either that or he tries to prove them wrong. ...Or something along those lines. Sure I know he has flaws, he's stubborn, short-tempered, hot-headed, etc.

But In short: I love Deidara because he's an artist, and the pride he takes in the fact. I find it as a source of motivation and inspiration.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 17791
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Attachments to fictional characters Empty Re: Attachments to fictional characters

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:05 pm

This thread is awfully suspicious but okay

There's this character named Taokaka from BlazBlue, a fighting game, and every part of her appearance, dialogue, and actions is 100% amazing at all times.
I'm still trying to figure out how that can be possible

Also: I hate cute things, fanservice characters, overly popular characters, and girls with annoying high-pitched voices.
Tao is all of these and manages to negate all of them and then become my favorite character in any game ever. This is saying something

I shouldn't try to list specific facts because I'd be at it for hours.
Oh well I'll do a short list

Spoiler:
Okay I'll stop

The real reason is she matches all the traits I value in characters: she insults everybody, is funny a lot of the time, doesn't make any sense, and is kind of creepy. Also bonus points for looking vaguely like a cat

However I'm wrong about things a lot of the time. I bet she is actually an awful character and I just can't see why.
I suspect she's a stock character type, maybe one I'm not familiar with because I'm not as saturated in Japanese media as a lot of you. Oh well

But why haven't you said anything yet Desu? You made the thread, and I think there might be a fictional character you're attached to
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12656
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:14 pm

Nice post Catburd. Feel free to list moar reasons Very Happy

And my current obsession is Maka. I just don't feel like typing much thanks to school work.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kallen Kozuki Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:16 pm

I CANT THINK OH WAAAIT!

Haseo from .hack/Roots/GU

At first I hated him cause he was a total dick to everyone on top of being a whiny bitch. Though I grew to like him as he matured and realized HEY I NEED PEOPLE TO HELP ME CAUSE I FAIL. Towards the end he becomes a better person and manages to realize that his friends make him strong. Also cause he has the most bipolar personality at times.

(Sitting hating he has to watch the store)

???: Um Excuse me.

Haseo: (What.) WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kallen Kozuki
Kallen Kozuki
Exodus

Grade : 8687
Charm : 292

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:20 pm

Maka Lover Desu wrote:I just don't feel like typing much thanks to school work.
oic
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:40 pm

Waaaay too many to list. There's just a sort of bond between fictional people and myself. The same way I feel about real people. I guess in the end, people, ficticious or real, eventually prove to be the same thing. They're just part of your memories that shape who you are. So, while they may not be 'real', they still play an important role.

I mean, how many people think that Jesus was the man?
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21626
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:49 pm

Mufasa wrote:Waaaay too many to list. There's just a sort of bond between fictional people and myself. The same way I feel about real people. I guess in the end, people, ficticious or real, eventually prove to be the same thing. They're just part of your memories that shape who you are. So, while they may not be 'real', they still play an important role.

Hm
I never thought about it that way before. That's interesting

I don't think I understand the last bit though
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:50 pm

Mufasa wrote:Waaaay too many to list. There's just a sort of bond between fictional people and myself. The same way I feel about real people. I guess in the end, people, ficticious or real, eventually prove to be the same thing. They're just part of your memories that shape who you are. So, while they may not be 'real', they still play an important role.

+rep4llyfe
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Universe Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:19 pm

I've always found my self rather fond of Soul Eater Evens...I wouldn't exactly call it attached though.

A better example would be Volke or Zihark from the Fire Emblem series, I always restart if one of them is killed and I love their backstory and style.
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Grade : 8281
Charm : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:01 am

My current obsession is Maka Albarn. I absolutely LOVE Maka. Make has a lot of qualities that I like, and I will list them.

She has blonde hair, and I love blonde hair. Also, green eyes and blonde hair rocks Attachments to fictional characters Emote15
She's skinny. I love skinny girls.
I like her small breasts. Yeah, Maka's are basically non-existant, but the look suits her(and makes her super cute).
She wears a red plaid skirt(super cute aswell), and yet has NO panty shots the entire show. I take this as a testament to her awesome fighting skillz.
She's a fucking beast.
She's smart. I like intelligent women.
She CARES about her friends, and is always willing to fight for there sake.
She doesn't blindly listen to her friends, has her own opinions, and will follow her own path.
She is determined!
She tries her best not to depend on others, and trait I can definitely respect and relate to.
She's just SO DAMN CUTE.

Oh yeah. PIGTAILS. She can actually pull them off. So cute.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:30 am

I cannot believe I didn't post in this thread.

Anyways, I will always have an attachment to Lloyd Irving and Genis Sage. Not the seperate characters, but the duo itself. Because they're one of the best personifications of unbreakable best friend bonds ive seen. Shallow female character attachments to come later in the day.

Also, odd as it sound, im pretty attached to the cast of the Persona 4 RP. They're such an unruly group,always fighting among each other, yet they kind of have a vibe that shows that everyone has the best interests for everyone in the group. It wouldn't be the same group if it were missing even one person. (on a funny note, Ace and I realized that just about all the current characters are runaways.

Masuyo left his parents after the drug incident
Stefan ran away to be a hardcore hobo
Shinta just left or something
Yomiko ran away from her parents to live with her aunt
Karin was sent away to her grandmother
Kentaro (marked with spoilers because we havent gotten to this point in the story.)
Spoiler:
Kitao is thrown all over the place among his family. He seems to be cool with his aunt and uncle though.
Rise: The Game
Rise: The Game
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29889
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:04 am

Current Loves (this changes every few weeks but I think these'll last):

Attachments to fictional characters Konach11
Chihaya from Asu No Yoichi. Mischievous, Mangaka, Sexy. All pluses.

Attachments to fictional characters Konach12
Shiori from God Only Knows. Super shy, so cute when she's flustered.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Grade : 10058
Charm : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:50 am

Still feel the same way about this. More people will remember Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker than Anthony Weiner.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21626
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down