Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Final Fantasy Thread. Ooh, soft!

+8
Arc
Rozencrutz
Fondos Aquila
レイ
Emerald Jealousy
danger
Rise: The Game
SHSL Gang Leader
12 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

General Final Fantasy Thread. Ooh, soft! - Page 4 Empty Re: General Final Fantasy Thread. Ooh, soft!

Post by Rozencrutz Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:59 am

Lol that tree, great stuff, also the death by blizzard is hilarious.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12439
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

General Final Fantasy Thread. Ooh, soft! - Page 4 Empty Re: General Final Fantasy Thread. Ooh, soft!

Post by Tatsuya Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:47 pm

Bishop the Desian wrote:@ Joker

What made 6 such a good game was the variety of characters to use, as well as the 4 person party. With 12 characters, you HAVE to be able to find a party you like. Also, I feel it had one of the best final dungeons in an RPG. Ever. Seriously, it was amazing. And the final battle too. I HATE that most games have more characters then can fit in your party, but somehow during the boss battle where the ENTIRE PARTY IS PRESENT, only the three people on screen do anything.

And what made 7 good were interesting characters, an unpredictable storyline(at least compared to others), and a great system. The Materia system was most definitely the best FF system. Also, Mako Addiction Cloud is the best.

I agree with most of what you said with 7, though in my mind I didn't think the storyline was anywhere unpredictable, in fact I always consider FFVI to have the most unpredictable plot element with Kefka destroying the world for the most part.

In regards to FFVI, I have to disagree with you on how the final dungeon was great, I had one great party in that game (Terra, Celes, Locke and that monk dude whose name slips me), and I barely liked anyone else besides Shadow and that dude who uses tools whose name also slips me. And as a general rule with me if I don't like you I don't touch you gameplay-wise, so now they are telling me that for the final dungeon I have to use them just to get to the final boss. So now I have to desperate my party that could probably have done the dungeon themselves if it was straight forward but now I got to deal with having to level up everyone and make sure they have as much magic as they could get, which takes forever.

Also side note, a reason why I liked 8 better than 9 was the presentation and the fact that despite the fact that 8 was also story oriented they did incorporate enough fighting in the first disc that kept me interested. Final Fantasy 9's presentation was a major turn off, and I guess I don't like Zidane that much since I always see him as a dude whose only mission is to pick up girls which is not what I look at in terms of a starting character.
Tatsuya
Tatsuya
Exodus

Grade : 7664
Charm : 141

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:34 am

VI did kinda throw you a curveball, cause at first the bad guy just won.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kallen Kozuki Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:38 am

I do not think I have a favorite final fantasy now that I think about it.
Kallen Kozuki
Kallen Kozuki
Exodus

Grade : 8688
Charm : 292

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:41 am

uh

Dagger doesn't talk or do anything anymore.

Is there even a point to having her in the group for this part?
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12657
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:58 pm

Im playing 8 and 9 again Very Happy

Im getting dangerously close to the partr where squall goes uber bitch. I just got a scene of him curled up in a ball on his bed going "I dont understand anything...........I dont wanna rely one people.........SOMEONE HELP ME...........wait then I DO have to rely on people............*hugs self tighter on bed*"

Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29890
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:29 pm

Oh god I just about quit playing the game at that part.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatsuya Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:06 am

Can I just make an observation about Square Enix and one of the games of this series, mainly Final Fantasy IV.

They need to stop remaking this game like every other year. Ever since the year '97 this game has been re-released 9 times, that's roughly once every 1.5 years. Remake another old school game from the SNES games if you must. I'd love to see Final Fantasy 5 or 6 (even though I thought 6 wasn't a great game) be put on the DS or the 3DS, hell I'd get a remake of FF9 just because IT WASN'T 4.
Tatsuya
Tatsuya
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:30 am

Sigurd wrote:Can I just make an observation about Square Enix and one of the games of this series, mainly Final Fantasy IV.

They need to stop remaking this game like every other year. Ever since the year '97 this game has been re-released 9 times, that's roughly once every 1.5 years. Remake another old school game from the SNES games if you must. I'd love to see Final Fantasy 5 or 6 (even though I thought 6 wasn't a great game) be put on the DS or the 3DS, hell I'd get a remake of FF9 just because IT WASN'T 4.

...........please say youre exxagerating the nine times.
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29890
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:42 am

I think he is, I don't remember that many remakes, I just remember the GBA and DS
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatsuya Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:22 pm

Ladd Russo wrote:
Sigurd wrote:Can I just make an observation about Square Enix and one of the games of this series, mainly Final Fantasy IV.

...........please say youre exxagerating the nine times.

Well yeah I might have been but here's the complete list (Items marked with * at the end signify japan only while ** signifies that it hasn't been out yet)

Here's the list:
SNES
PS1
Wonderswan Color*
Virtual Console
DS
PSP**
iMode phones*

Okay seven reports/remakes with only the first two games getting more.

Also Square has said on record apparently that they are looking into the possibility of a 3ds remake of both V and VI which would be great.

All of this aside, can someone please for the love of god tell me how FFVI is popular I don't fully understand it, I've tried playing this game like 3 times and each time I get 12 characters in the World of Ruin and go "oh great now here comes the magic and character level-athon and just shut the game off.
Tatsuya
Tatsuya
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:48 pm

eh, it depends on your taste I guess, I tried it and it was great for me
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Hearts
Grade : 7840
Charm : -221

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/firesword219

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:18 am

I really enjoyed VI as well mainly cause I found the story to be interesting.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:57 pm

SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12657
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4