Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silence on Ragol

2 posters

Go down

Silence on Ragol Empty Silence on Ragol

Post by Tatsuya Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:36 pm

The title is tenative. Trust me I have six pages and no title since I couldn't think of one till now. If anyone else has a good idea, let me know.

Silence of Ragol
By
Serene

Prologue: Explosion of the past.

Finally, today is the day, I tell myself as I walk out of my door to the window of the space ship. Its name is the Pioneer 2; we are heading for the Ragol planet with the main wave of people from our old home world, since it was quickly decaying after the long war between every continent on the planet.
We found Ragol about eight years ago; the first ship was composed mainly of scientist, builders, and the military. They were tasked with making the central dome, the main home for everyone that was going to go to live in. There has been little contact between Ragol and the old world since they left. However, now that the majority of everyone was arriving, we would finally know the full fruits of our labor.
The planet comes into the ships view, the lush green, and blue blurs of the planet are easily noticed. It’s like our old home planet but not as decaying. I begin to let out of a smile, everyone else at the windows starting cheering and yelling. I could hear various things such as “It looks magnificent mom.” or “Ragol looks just like home.” I guess that everyone including myself was excited to be here. But, yet for some reason, one that even I cannot describe was wielding my personal weapon of choice. The Zanba long sword.
I am a hunter; hunters are mainly used for helping out of the government when the army or military is not needed. In fact, the majority of the time, we are better than the military due to the reason I already gave. However, I am not as bias as most others. A majority of either side believes that their side is a better, though I believe that it’s the person that is better, not the side they belong to.
Each side has a person that everyone looked up to, a hero that best fits each side. For the military, it was deputy commander Heathcliff Flowen. For use hunters, it was Red Ring Rico; some say that Heathcliff himself trained her, though many believe that to be a big fat rumor. Truth be told, I am one of the few that actually know this, Heathcliff trained her, in fact both her and me were at the same time. That’s how we became friends.
My mind is interrupted when I see the image of our ships transmitter. The three-pronged triangle with a circle, each point of the triangle had a circle as well. The transmitter moved to join in communications with the transmitter that was originating from the central dome down on Ragol. The blue and red lights started to move faster than sound while starting up the communication process.
The ship starts to shake, a huge explosion emanates from Ragol, sucking up where the central dome should have been located. The Ship almost losses power due to the sheer power of the shockwave. Once I regain my composure I notice that the transmitter from the Central Dome ceased to function. There was no transmission anymore.
“Attention passengers,” a voice announced on the large PM system. “Due to technical difficulties we are delaying the mass landing on the planet Ragol. Thank you for you’re cooperation. Will Hunter ID 12012 please report to Principal Tyrell immediately.”
Lucky for me, the transport next to me was the one that can let me enter the Principals quarters. I walk up still holding my Zanba as if I was going to break off the hilt. I was tense, worried, and somewhat scared. I did not know what had happened, or what was going to happen. Then I meet Tyrell; he was wearing the custom purple gear that the principal was supposed to wear, with a thinning hairline, and eyes that can tell me that something is wrong.
“Hunter Noah Smith thanks for coming,” Tyrell told me from behind his desk. “You noticed the explosion correct.”
“Yes,” I answered.
“Good, then I don’t need to fill you in on that part,” Tyrell continued. “Let me tell you as much as I can tell. The explosion that rocked the ship apparently killed everyone on the surface. However, no bodies are reported on the surface from the scout robots. All forms of technology including transporters and mags’ have been unscaved. I need you to go down there and see what you can find.”
“I shall,” I tell him as I walk to the teleport, my back to him when I ask. “What do you want me to do if I find Rico?”
“Bring her back alive if you can,” Tyrell responded, finally showing a hint of humanity into his otherwise android like voice.
“I shall,” I salute, changing the transporter to send me to the Ragol earth surface.

Chapter 1: Forest of Silence

I finally appear on the planet, with my favorite mag, the Varaha mag. It is two wing like objects, blue center, with white tips, and a green center, and top. I have had this mag since I was about 12, when I first started out ten years ago. Both me and Rico started out ten years ago, both of us got mags at the same time. We started training under military deputy commander, Heathcliff Flowen. He taught both of use most everything that a hunter needed to know, how to use hand and mech guns, as well as every bladed weapon that ever was created. He was like a hero to both of us, I clearly remember. Once we completed training, he gave us two weapons apiece. He gave me my Yasha katana, and the Ruby Bullet handgun. Rico received the Sange Katana, and the Milla handgun, made only for female use.
The sun was setting on the forest surrounding the central dome. I was on the outskirts, not able to see most of the central dome, only being able to see the tip. I take out my Yasha, not knowing what was there is the purpose of this blade for me, since if it’s a solo enemy I can make quick work of him, and if it’s a group of three or more, I typically take out my Zanba long sword since it takes all three at once.
However, before I opened the door, I noticed a glowing light from an orange circle. It was a message recorder. Someone from Pioneer 1 left this either before, or after the explosion. I hit the little red button on the left side of the circle, letting the message record. “Testing, Testing, cough. My name is Rico, I am a hunter here on Ragol, and something does not feel right. I am going to investigate what is going on. Keep you’re wits about you.”
Rico, I think to myself as I put the message back down letting it continue to show that it has a message to play. Rico was always resourceful and probably very good at realizing something in the air was disharmonious with the rest of the world. I will have to go with her opinion for now, as I have no idea how to continue. I move to find that the door was locked, a red bar of light signified that it was. The door was signified by a white door icon, which was a rectangle standing up. Looking to my right I notice that there was a button with the same insignia on the inside. I quickly push it and to my luck the bar disappears and the door is open again.
I get ready to move, but I take a better look at my surroundings, first the Ragol planet side showed that it was almost night as the sun turned bright orange. The forest itself was beautiful, trees, and planet that I have never seen before, including an odd little red flower with sharp tips on the sides. I am amazed by this show of beauty in science.
I move into the next room, there are a couple black and blue boxes right next to me. I break them to discover that they were filled with weapons, one had the Gungir partisan, the strongest mass-produced partisan in our arsenal, and the Vulcan mech gun, the strongest mass assembled mech gun. I keep them where they were, but realizing that something in the area was not friendly, since most people do not attack unless they are threatened in some way.
Then I see it, there was a bear like being coming towards me like a bat out of hell. It had a brown-red shell with little bumps all over it, with a blue skin. There was only one of them so I keep out my Yasha and start slashing it, doing as much as I could, but after the three attacks that I launched at it, he smacked me with his claws. I didn’t fall however, so I still slashed away with my Katana, after another three attacks it fell with ease. As the monster fell and disappeared in a pool of orange, almost Newman like blood. I hear the sounds of another door unlocking.
Moving down the rather short path to the next door, I find another that Rico left another message. I reach down and press play, tucking my Yasha away while doing so. “Bartles, I don’t like their faces, don’t let them surround you.”
She must have been talking about the bear like monster that just appeared, since the one that I fought had a mentality of swarming me, and just plain attacking me relentlessly. Good thing she was always good at analyzing life forms and how they react, because the information could be helpful when I report back and have Tyrell allow some of the hunters down.
Through the door, I see two white birds with points on the top of their heads appear from the sky. The wild animals must be attack, at least that’s what I tell myself as I pull out my Twin Psychoguns, these bad boys, don’t have as much range as a handgun, but make up for that by allowing me to fire nine shots off from before overheating. Then as an add on, they have splash damage, and since the two birds fell right next to each other, this would allow me to hurt two of them at once. Aiming them, I see that they were slowly waddling to me as if they were penguins. I fire upon them hurting the one I aim at the most, the other one takes not as much but a decent amount of photon energy.
Before I could fire off another round of burst, both of the birds turned tail, and started running as if they were afraid of me. I guess that they really cannot take as much punishment as the Bartle could have. Then I hear the growl of two battle’s from behind me. Turning around there was only one Bartle, and one other bear, it was like a cheap pallet swap version of it, like it was a computer game from After War 3057. Not caring I pull out my Zanba long sword, which would allow me to cut both of them down without having to worry about leaving one open to attack me. The Bartle went down quickly, but this new variant didn’t taking me for surprise and knocking me flat off my ass. Landing face first into the dirt.
“Great, I’m going to feel that one for a while,” I holler as I rise up and swing at him with all my might, knocking him down to the floor. Letting him die.
“Noah, this is Irene, secretary of the Principal, he wants you back up here,” a voice on my communicator said. “We have some information we were able to retrieve from a data collector we were able to salvage with another team.”
“Alright, but I thought I was the only hunter down here,” I respond showing my clear hatred of another group being down here fighting the unknown along with me.
“You are the only hunter the government sent down here, WORKS a military company sent its own team down. They suffered a couple of casualties.”
“I could see why, some of these monsters are a pain to deal with. Let me create a telepipe, I will be up with in a minute. Noah out.”
I put down a round blue object, and moved about three feet away from it, allowing it to respond. The item I used was a telepipe, allowing me instant access to the ship, however, the Ryuker spell far outclasses this invention, so telepipes are usually used by new hunters or androids that cannot use tech. However, I only use one since it saves me an unneeded trip to a hospital to heal. I walk in allowing the waves that were shot upward to take me with them.
“Noah, it’s good to see you alive and well,” the principal said as I walked through a teleport to the main hub of the government work on the ship. “We have some data we would like to share with you.”
“As do I,” I tell him as I pull from my pocket one of the record devices left behind by Rico. “Did WORKS ever tell you about this?”
“No they said they did not find any recording machines,” Tyrell responded truthfully. I could tell it, I had the knack for telling if a person was lying to me or not about a subject as sensitive as this one. “What’s on it?”
“A message from your daughter, Rico. She was investigating why the animals on the surface went berserk one day. Something leads me to believe that something might have been wrong with Ragol, but not when they landed. I saw the pictures they took with the unmanned drones. The animals were kind and gentle. Now they are violent and ruthless.”
“Yes I noticed. Now here is what we have found. Irene can you please tell him of the details.”
“Yes sir,” the secretary to my right at another desk tells me, it was the same person who told me to get up here. “WORKS without order from the Government sent a strike team down to investigate, a small group of three hunters. They apparently had better luck zeroing their transporter, and got them close to the Central Dome, about a good hundred miles or so away from where we sent you. They found a computer after some rough fighting with the wildlife, suffering a casualty in the process, a female Oran Ranger. The two remaining members spliced a computer and returned it for analysis. This is what they discovered.”
Irene showed a holographic monitor behind her with pictures of the wildlife they had on data. The Bartle, and its clone, along with the fat penguin were among the list of wildlife.
“The two bears that look somewhat alike are a Bartle and a Barble.”
“I know how they attack, Rico left messages relating on to attack patterns, they attack relentlessly am I correct?”
“Yes you are,” Irene tells me as she shuffles through the next image. The bird. “This is an El Rappy. These birds move to you and peck at you, however, they are the weakest of the animals there, if you attack it with a range weapon, it normally leaves you alone and runs. Then there is this, a Tollaw, for some reason there was a change in DNA from the Bartle to this new one, it takes the form of a prey mantis, though it still has the same attack pattern but is stronger overall than the Bartle and Barble. There are still more, but we have yet to confirm all of them.”
“Very well,” I respond turning back to the Principal. “I think we need to put a level restriction on access to the teleport if we want to allow other hunters in.”
“I concur,” Tyrell began. “Anything under a class two level Hunter will would be a good idea.”
Hunters are divided into four levels going from four, the new hunters who have not had much experience to One, the elite hunters. Level one hunters are only given this after completing the hardest Hunter test known to man, the Endless nightmare VR room. Which is a simulation room filled with an almost endless set of enemies. I Completed this when I was 15 right before Pioneer 1 left for Ragol. Rico also is a level one Hunter, only because that was the only reason her father would allow her to go. There are very few Level ones but a good fourth of the hunter population possibly a third of them, were level two’s. Therefore, Tyrell was effectively allowing about two fifths of the hunters down with permission.
“I’m fine with that,” I tell him openly. “Though I will not take a partner. I work the best alone.”
“Where are you going,” Tyrell ask me as I walk back to the teleport to the main ship.
“I’m going back to Ragol, something tells me that there’s more to it than the first group let on. I shall call you back when I find something of importance.”
Once again, I leave the ship only to drop feet first back into hell.
Tatsuya
Tatsuya
Exodus

Grade : 7685
Charm : 141

Back to top Go down

Silence on Ragol Empty Re: Silence on Ragol

Post by Tatsuya Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:57 pm

Here's the Second chapter, introducing Kilvas, Lyle's, MaSu, and Tsukune's characters. Though the last two are only mentioned by name.

Note: There are italics in this chapter, that means that the character is thinking to himself.

Chapter 2: Sister can you spare me a Claw?

I move through the forest again, this time more efficiently, only taking ten beats to get through the first two rooms. However, the waves increased, including a couple Gulgus, a large blue wolf with two black tusk. They only attack if you expose their back to them, at least that’s what I found out the hard way, then learning that from Rico, though I did learn that they inflict a slow status on you. Slow was an effect that turns a body slightly numb making them less agile. I really don’t like status to begin with but if I had to chose one to be forced to have, it’d be slow or poison due to slow now effecting my casting ability if I wanted to throw a foi spell. In addition, poison doesn’t affect my swinging speed, meaning I just need to use a resta spell occasionally.
I hear the sounds of a couple Bartles falling down in pain; it came from the next room in front of me. The map readout that I was given shows me that this next room was one of two rooms in this area that had three exits. Most other rooms are linear only allowing me to continue going straight. I hear the slashing of a photon weapon slicing skin. Opening the door I see a female hunter, a Newman on top of that fighting a wave that I never even though could exist, three Bartles and two Barbles were swarming her. They were obviously getting the better of her since she was only using a claw weapon, which allows only one attack.
I move in with my Zanba, swiping at all of them at once, helping the new person mow them all down rather quickly. I put back my sword as I walk over to see that she was a Whitill Hunter. There are ten sections ID’s, the name you put on your hunters licenses determines the ID, I only used my first name Noah, giving me the Viridia ID, if I used Noah Smith I would be a Whitill as well.
“Thanks for the assist just then,” she tells me putting a somewhat embarrassed smile on her face. “I wasn’t expecting five at once; if I did I would have brought a partisan at least. So why are you here?”
“To try to find out what’s going on here,” I reply. “My name is Noah Smith; though call me by my ID, Noah.”
“Telmena Ajari,” she tells me extending out her slightly tanned left arm. She had long purple hair, with a matching purple shirt, boots and jeans. She still kept out her claw like it was apart of her or something.”
“So you’re hired by the Government,” she suggests. “Let me help you out, there’s a transport to that someone had set up, as well as a couple messages left by Rico along the way.”
I nod as I follow her; the next room was just a small path. I take a second to ask her a question that has been on my mind for the last five beats. “”Why do you keep that claw out?”
“This thing,” she asks, lifting up the rather large mechanical claw. “It boosts my mental ability by a small amount as well as being an extra focus point for my second level elemental spells, giving them a bonus of a fifth of their original attack power. So if needed I could waste a monster with magic. It’s called the Rika claw.”
The Rika Claw, I think to myself. That is rather interesting, a claw made by one of the hero’s of another planet in the system we lived in until the planet nearly died. There were at least ten known claws of these, each with various attack levels, however they all raised the Gi-level spells (Gifoi, GiBarta, and GiZonde) by a fifth of the starting attack power. Naturally a strong claw, however I have heard of another claw that can be used by female Newman’s that is stronger.
We head into the next room, a rather long room that had the door at the end locked. There was a switch much like the white room near it. In addition, a laser switch would remove the matching laser barrier in the area. This color was a light blue. The room was silent and empty; something told me that this would not be the case.
“Stay on guard Telmena,” I shout. “Something doesn’t seem right.
“Yeah I can smell it,” she told me, using the super heightened senses of a Newman to sniff the area around like a guard dog. “I sense more of those harder to kill Barbles as well as something new. I can’t quite make it out.”
Then something jumped into the air behind me, slashing me in the back. “YEOW, DAMN THAT HURT.” I holler out as a red wolf appeared. “A Gulgus-Gue, watch out, it can paralyze you.”
“Fine by me,” she yells back taking a couple slashes at the animal with the claw. “OW WHAT HIT ME?”
Three Barbles had appeared behind her, one right directly, allowing him to immediately take a swipe at her. Orange blood was soaked into its claws, Telmena moved to where I was battling the Gulgus-Gue. “Hey you want to switch, you can deal with groups better than I can.”
“Sure,” I said as I took out my Zanba sword and started to swipe at all three Barbles. She started to let the claw sink into the hard iron shell like skin of the Gulgus-Gue. Without taking another hit, we both fell the opponents that were in front of us.
“Something tells me I need to get stronger probably,” Telmena told me as she cast Resta, the healing technique. She even had a strong variant of the tech. I move to open the door, when she hollered out. “DON’T IT’S A TRAP TRIGGER.”
However, I did not realize this until I pushed the button. Then two big bears appeared, nothing like the Bartle’s that we have seen before. They were at least twice our size, and mainly read with yellow stripes, and twin horns at the top of their heads. One of them appeared in front of us, for the switch was in the middle of the room. The other appeared behind us. “What are these creatures?”
“Hidelt’s,” she explains. “Terrible up close, and even have the option of raining thunder down at us from a distance. Which if hits has a chance of momentarily stunning us.”
“Wonderful,” I holler out as I pull out my Yasha, and snap my neck back into a comfortable position. “Well let’s get this over with.”
I take two long thick slashes with my Katana, and barely get any blood out of the body. The bears hide is incredibly thick, meaning that my Katana is not going to cut it, so to keep myself alive, I switch to my Zanba, and taking a good chunk of his right leg off. The Hidelt still moved, punching me with his arm, knocking me on the floor, at his mercy for a terrible ass kicking.
“GRANTS,” Telmena yelled out as a bright light incapacitated my opponent and dropped it dead. “RESTA.”
A faint light of warmth and healing soon encased me and starting healing the bloody wounds we both had received. However, it could not heal the fact that I just underestimated an opponent and almost died.
“Thanks,” I reply, remembering something that should bother me. “Wait I thought Hunters couldn’t use the Grants Spell.”
“Normally they can’t, however both my father was a hunter like me, and my mother a force sage who was known for using a Grants that could kill a god. I noticed while I was training to aspire to be like my father that I had also a natural gift for spell casting, which is why I use this Claw, to help my second level elemental spells. Even being able to use spells that were exclusive to Forces.”
“Impressive,” I admit. “A hunter’s Child who has an almost all around gift.”
Hunter Children are just as it is worded, they are the offspring of two hunters. Normally they are great hunters, most of the level two or higher hunters are offspring of Hunter Parents. I am not a Hunter Child, I am a first generation Hunter, my parents were apart of the Government, and the Military.
Then an invisible door reappeared and opened, showing a red transport. “Looks like I should have hit that button after all,” I counter with a little smile on my face.
“It seems so,” she tells me as we approach the gate.
“Halt, this transport is the property of the Military group Works state your reason for being here,” a Ranger with Blonde hair asked. He was a good couple of inches taller than I was and had a bizarre rifle that also looked like a shot type weapon.
“Noah Smith, Section ID Viridia, Code 12012. I’m working with Principal Tyrell on uncovering some of the issues with the Pioneer project.”
“Telmena Ajari, Section ID Whitill, Code 22451. I’m helping him.”
“I’m sorry then I cannot let you use this teleport then,” he stated raising up his gun at us. “I have to ask you to leave and find another route to the Central Dome.”
“I’m working with the Government, if I wanted to I have the authority to make you let us pass,” I being pulling out my Katana and standing right next to him. I notice that he started to shake as if he was nervous. “Do they allow anyone into WORKS now these days, I remember back when they had honor, but when that Android Paine, took power violently, it all changed.”
“How do you know about us,” began pointing the barrel of his rifle at my neck. Telmena started getting a tech ready. “How do you know so much about the inner workings of WORKS you filthy Hunter?”
“Because you see this scar,” I tell him as I pull my long brown hair out of my right side of my face. Exposing a rather large brown scar. “Paine gave it to me. Did you ever hear of the one man rebellion?”
“Yes,” he stated. “The One man Rebellion was when a warrior tried and failed to overthrow Paine three months after she took power. He was supposedly dead. How do you know about him?”
“Because I’m that warrior,” I explain sinking my blade ever closer to his skin. “I am Noah, the Esper of the Wind.”
“But that’s not possible,” the man explained. “Noah of the Wind died during a battle on Coral two years ago.”
“Oh I did die, but however something gave me rebirth, a person that I still do not know to this day. Who are you anyways?”
“I am Jack Striker, a Ranger of the Greenil ID, and member of WORKS.”
“Good, then listen here Jack,” I begin as I put my Katana tip on his Adam’s apple. “You will not mention this to Paine, if you do, I will find you, I will kill you, I will make you so unnoticeable that anyone who is related to you that knows the kind of work that you guys do, will only see a pile of cubed human meat. Do I make myself clear or do you want a limb to be missing right now?”
“I understand,” Jack screamed out in fear. “Though there will be others like me in WORKS who will tell our commander. You will have to fight her no matter what.”
“I know,” I begin as I move the sword away from his neck and back to my side. “For now however, I would rather not have to deal with the extra addition.”
“Understood,” Jack began as he moved out of the way. “I will let the both of you continue on you’re way.”
“Thank you,” I tell him as me and Telmena moved into the transport. “Also the same thing goes for my acquaintance of mine. If I find out that she’s dead, you’ll be the first person I ask.”
Jack did not say anything but he knew what I meant as both Telmena and I disappeared from sight.
“Thank you for getting me past him,” Telmena thanked me. “I wouldn’t be able to continue my duty for my contractor. He isn’t able to get down here right now since he’s taking the Endless Nightmare challenge for his Level One licenses.”
“Interesting,” I begin noting that there will be another person that I should contact. I know most if not all of the LVL 1 Hunters that were on Pioneer 2. However, most of them probably are just getting the info about being able to explore the planet. “So who are we talking about?”
“Tetsumi Shigure, an Oran Force human that uses Psychoguns that convert his magic into bullets. Though he hasn’t fully been able to convert any healing spells or Megid yet.”
It seems that this should be someone I should contact I tell myself as I notice that it was raining in the sector, yet there were no clouds. Seems like someone that could be a great ally. “Is this person a Hunters Child?”
“No actually, his father was a Hunter however, if that means anything.” Telmena tells me as she opens a telepipe. She then drew a new claw that I did not see her have before, it was a photon claw comprised of blue Photon. There are five general types of Photon. Green, Blue, Pink, Red, and Yellow. They make up most if not all of our mass produced weaponry. “If those Hidlet’s give you anymore problems this should be able to sink more into their armor than a standard blade. It is a Silence Claw, it can dig itself into more armored monsters like that giant bear. It also occasionally kills in the same strike.”
“Thanks,” I say as I tuck the Claw away. “Can I have you’re mail code, in case if I need assistance, or the other way around. I would also like to meet your contact.”
“I guess I owe you for letting me get access so I shall,” she mutters. “White2123. That is mine. Yours?”
“Virdia1212.”
“Very well I shall see you later,” she tells me as she disappears and leaves me to continue my quest to get to the central dome.

Edit: Also as a funny fact, I typed in the names for Kilvas, her full name gives her the ID she uses, while her first name gives her the Virdia ID, which is the same one that Noah has with his first name, to add to the funny, the full name of my character Noah Smith, is a Whitill, just like Kilvas character's full name. I just laughed my head off at this.
Tatsuya
Tatsuya
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatsuya Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:50 am

Here's the third chapter and finale of the Forest.

Chapter 3: Winter Dragon

After Telmena left to contact her employer, I looked around, knowing your surroundings can be a major help. Especially right now while I’m entering a new area. I’m in a room with two doors, both doors have switches near them. One is right in front of me, while the other is down a slope on the opposite end of the room. There is a message near the door in front of me. Thinking that this would be the right one to use I move to the button and press it.
“It came out of nowhere, the earth started to shake, then something blew through the earth and caused the Central Dome to explode.”
Then that means that she is only a few hours a head of me I think to myself as I put down the message and get ready to storm the next room. Then something starts burning inside my head. I scream as loud as I could, it was like someone was shoving a burning stick inside of my mind. I drop on to the floor, I close my eyes, and barely breathe, though I know that I’m still conscious.
Do you want to Evolve a new female voice whispers in my mind. I need you to complete the Evolution.
An image shuffles through my mind the it’s the place that I’m at right though it’s early in the afternoon, about a good couple hundred beats ago. I see a girl with glasses, a red shit and pants, with a white jacket around her. The girl’s skin was tanned as if she was under a ton of sun, but never gets burned.
RICO, I yell out but nothing happens. I just watch her stand there looking at the central dome. I also look in that direction, I notice that the ground is shaking and the dome is starting to glow with a darkened light. Then an invisible being shoots out and fires an almost water like sphere and blows up the area. RICO!
My mind turns blank and I only see black. Help me Evolve the voice rings out. We need to Evolve.
What do you mean we, I ask without thought. The both of us?
Nothing comes back from this other voice. I regain my senses and get back up, it had not been a while since I blacked out, it has only been about five beats.
“Noah, thanks goodness you’re okay.” Irene said on the communicator as I regain sense. “You started having symptoms of cardiac arrest.”
“I’m fine though I had my mind invaded by something,” I begin, trying to make sense of what happened. ‘At least that’s what I think.”
“Please tell me what happened.”
“It asked me if I wanted to Evolve,” I began. “I also learned that Rico survived the explosion, she has a message right here stating that she witnessed the explosion.”
“Okay, that will be great, though this thing that wants to Evolve is worrying me. If anything like that happens again let us know.”
“Rodger,” I agree with as I turn of the communicator and get going on the way.
Through the door I go, getting out my Zanba sword to cut down what was in the way. However, there was only one monster in this room, at least right now it seemed. They warned me before I went back down into the forest about that Tollaw. It was a green prey mantis like giant monster. The beast sees me and charges at me, I pull out my Silence Claw thinking it would be the better idea.
I start swinging the claw like a mad man, actually moving faster than I thought I could, however after twelve swipes at him, he wasn’t downed. So I continue, and after a bit of time I actually kill him. Though I look at his body as it disappears after hearing the door unlock to the next area. “I don’t want to fight against that again.”
I move into the next room, a large enclosed hallway that starts to get larger as you move along. There are two rooms each on my left, though I don’t enter them in fear of another Tollaw. There is another message a head of me, so I push it, resting my back on the side of the rock wall. “Did we mess with the ecosystem, and if we did, would the animals fight to protect themselves. No that doesn’t sound right; I need to do more research before I can make a more accurate assessment.”
I would have agreed with that if it had more clear evidence. However, from what I have seen, she might be right. She was attacked before the explosion, still was after the explosion, meaning that the explosion didn’t agitate the monsters. Something is up, we need to figure this out before something even worse happens.
I moved through the remainder of the room, killing the wolves, and bears that appeared in front of me with no issue. The now open fence to the right of me screams that I should enter it. I don’t know why, but this fence wants me to enter. So I follow and enter, there was a lake in the middle of the room, and a tower.
The tower seemed otherworldly, like it came from another planet in another universe, much like us. It was large, brown, and had some characters on it. There was even another message to boot. So, I decide to click it.
“They say that this statue was made to celebrate the landing here on Ragol. However, this statue seems old, and are those characters on them. There’s a switch as well on the side. This definitely doesn’t seem like something we made.”
I look to my left and notice that she wasn’t lying; there was a switch, so as well I press the button. The yellow and red sections start to glow, as well as a yellow aura appearing. It starts to make a low humming noise like a machine. I wonder why as I turn back and enter the door down the room on the left.
Paying no mind to anything else, I fell everything in this next room, a rather large opening, with another laser fence, and a warp portal behind it. Striking through the nearly relentless waves of Bartle’s, Barble’s Tollaw’s, Hidlet’s, and the Mothvist and the Mothvert. The Mothvist hold the Mothvert, which multiple ones swarm you and start stinging you. Sometimes, the Mother’s sting inflicts a high poison that drains me of some life.
Then after what seemed like fifty beats of non-stop fighting. The door opened, allowing me to heal and get ready for what could be the last wave of this area.
The warp carries me up to the area above; I’m only a few feet to the entrance of the central dome. There is only one more room to go through. Filled with a ton of monsters. Not caring, and knowing that my mag was at full power. I unleash it’s Pilla mag blast, which allows me to clear the entire room of all the enemies in it with a heavenly rain. All my opponents fall to me as if they were weak monsters that a two year old could kill.
The next room, I saw the door to the central dome, however, there was a Hidlet in the room. Therefore, I swap out my claw and run underneath the monster and swipe at one of his leg, making him fall down on that leg. He cannot move his leg or arms since he’s trying to just stay up. I move to his throat, he looks at me defiantly, with hatred, he spits at me. I just look there with sadness in my eyes. “I’m sorry to have to kill you, I’m sorry that I have to kill what seemed to be kind and gentle wildlife. But however, I need to know what is going on.”
I move my silence claw of to his neck, and swing, slitting the beast throat and letting blood spill out as I move to the door. Electrical sparks are coming from the door as I realize that it is jammed. I look around and see another transport, figuring that it is a way to enter to Dome, I hope in with no regrets.
Two beats later, I appear, my Mag does not like where I landed, hell even I do not like where I appeared. This was not the inside of the central dome, hell this is not even in the same area. I appeared in a snow and ice covered arena. There are mountains filled with snow, and lights above my head.
I hear a roar behind and above me, it was a dragon. A Brown-green, and blue dragon, that was flying into the arena. It’s head was large and had a pointed horn on it. The dragon notices me and starts to charge at me with speed I wasn’t expecting. The giant beast hit me with his foot, instead of knocking me to it’s side, instead it encases me in a block of ice. Not being able to move I try shaking my way out of it, after a couple of seconds I get out and switch to my Psychoguns and start blasting at his legs without trying to get hit again. He stops moving and lowers his head and starts breathing out ice, chilling the area even colder than what it already was. I continue to blast it’s leg, and eventually the beast is stunned and cant moved. It’s leg is crippled and can’t move, at least that’s what I think it was. But however, there is no time to think about this, I need to kill this beast before it does something even worse. So I start pumping more rounds out of my Psychoguns until it starts to move again
The dragon starts to get enraged; apparently, I’ve been doing a ton of damage on him. I can’t get a clear shot of at him due to the scream stunning me and forcing me not to move. He then takes off into the air and dives into the tundra. I can’t see where he is, though there is some large bump that is coming to my direction. I duck out of the way with the last available second that I could. Then he comes around again, this time, expecting what he would do, I move easily out of the way.
He get’s out of the frozen landscape, and lands about a couple tens of feet away from me, with this long tail being the only thing that I could see. I start attacking again, doing as much damage at him as I psyically could. Then out of the blue, he starts to scream again, I move out of the way thinking that he was going to jump again, however he fell down onto his right leg and started to die.
What in hell was that I ask myself as I notice that there’s another transport back to the ship. There was also a message from Rico; it seems at least that I wasn’t the only one to be warped here. “Where am I and what was that, a Dragon. However, Dragon’s are supposed to be imaginary, maybe the Dragon told the monsters to riot, maybe using fear. However, what’s this a rather large drop that leads downward. I guess there might be more to see.”
I put the message down and relax a bit; at least I’m not the only one who had to fight that beast. Though something worries me, she killed one, I killed one, and could there be more than two, the two that we killed. I put that in my mind as I enter the transport and return to the ship.
“So there was a Dragon, possibly two of them,” Tyrell noted as I had returned to the Principals section of the ship. “That’s all fine though there’s something else we have just found out. There is a cave below where you killed that Dragon, by the looks of it, there’s some more messages from Rico. It seems that there’s even more to Ragol that just it’s surface world.”
“I’ll go check it out,” I respond while I stand there. “Something seems to be pulling me down there anyways. Like a magnet pull.”
Then my communicator starts to ring right in the middle of the conversation. It was Telmena’s ID number. “You don’t mind if I take this.”
“Not at all,” Tyrell informed me as I press the talk button.
“Yello this is Noah,” I say trying to stay formal.
“Ah so I did get the number right,’ a male voice informs me. “This is Tetsumi, Telmena’s boss, I heard all about you from her.”
“Nice to hear from you,” I respond remembering something. “Did you get you’re Level one license?”
“Yes just did a hundred and fifty beats ago. You wouldn’t mind if we team up for the next area, it seems like WORKS has taken interest into the caves that were discovered recently.”
“So you want to fight the unknown monsters in the caves,” I ask. “Yeah sure, meet me at the main teleport in about ten beats okay.”
“Alright,” Tetsumi replied. “Telmena and I will meet you there then.”
I close my communicator and move to the teleport in the room. “By the looks of it, there’s others that seem to want to join me. Also keep a close leash on WORKS if you can, something doesn’t seem right with them.”
“I shall try,” Tyrell, informed me
Tatsuya
Tatsuya
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:38 pm

so I'm guessing I'm going to be the evil villian?
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Hearts
Grade : 7861
Charm : -221

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/firesword219

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatsuya Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:55 pm

Tsukune wrote:so I'm guessing I'm going to be the evil villian?

one of the
Tatsuya
Tatsuya
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: