Varia mission board

Go down

Varia mission board

Post by Grunge Hamster on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:24 am

Post ideas for RP missions here.:

EDIT: Rules of the RP. As usual the rules of all other RPs apply here with some exceptions and a few mechanics specific to this one:

Character/Story Rules:
1. People who sign in must be able to post regularly (at least once every other day) or at least inform others when they cannot post.
-- The exception to this rule is solo missions and in some cases, missions with a couple of people with a prior agreement. We accommodate busy people here.

2. At least try to balance out your character. No overly powerful Sues/Stus.

3. When designing a character, make sure their story fits in with the established setting (ie. cyborgs in an old western setting probably won't go well).

4. If you can no longer participate, please inform one of the moderators.

Stage Rules:
1. No controlling other peoples character (unless that's your character's ability).
-- The exception is the Dungeon Master (DM). If you fail to post regularly in a group mission without making any arrangements, the DM may post for you to move the story along.

2. Keep personal issues with a member(s) out of the RP. If there is a problem it's between the members, not the characters.

3. As usual no overly obscene, inflammatory or derogatory posts.

Missions and Downtime:
1. A mission suggestion requires the following: name, rank, type, number of players needed and description. Anyone can post an idea for a mission and anyone can make suggestions for a particular mission. If you want a mission but lack the creative drive, please make a request for one.

2. After a mission is posted in this topic, you may begin signing up for it. One person in the mission will be assigned to DM and will responsible for moving the story along, mostly by controlling npcs and describing the setting.

3. Once you've signed up for/reserved your spot on a mission in this planning topic you may post accordingly in the RP.

4. Posts for the time in between missions use black text. When it is time for a mission to start the DM for that mission will post in the color of their choice that the mission has begun and will describe the setting. All posts regarding the mission thereafter will have the first line in colored text. This is to distinguish between contemporaneous missions and each mission should use a different color.
---example:
player wrote:Player woke up ate breakfast and went to the mission desk. "I think I'll take this one" he said.
DM wrote:MISSION START. Setting: an abandoned warehouse... The team is attacked by Enemy number one. "Die!" says the enemy.
player wrote:"Take this!" says the player as he opens his box.
DM2 wrote:MISSION START. Setting: a different part of the warehouse. Player2 must sneak past the guards without being seen.

Golden Rule: Have fun or I'll put a hit out on you.

Last edited by Fran on Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Grade : 8010
Charm : 154

Back to top Go down

Re: Varia mission board

Post by Rise: The Game on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:24 pm

Illusion Twins
Type: Assassination

Short Description: A pair of two sibling illusionists have been using their illusions to trick our weapons deliverymen into thinking they're successfully delivering the weapons to varia HQ, in fact they've been delivering them to the Inganno family. Due to this we are on a shortage of D and C rank rings for the lower ranked soldiers, as well as box weapons. The Assassination of the targets are a must, the weapon retrieval will be a separate job for a separate team.

Mission Requirements: Team of four. 1 Illusionist required.

(I don't wanna be the baddies for this btw, I just wanted to post a mission, is that okay?)

Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 27840
Charm : 804

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Turret Slayer!!! on Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:13 pm

That it is.

RP Mod

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 10578
Charm : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster on Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:13 pm

Superbi Squalo wrote:
(I don't wanna be the baddies for this btw, I just wanted to post a mission, is that okay?)

That's cool. Put my character down for this one, and if absolutely no one else will I can DM.

Also it gave me an idea for another mission:

Stolen goods
Type: Retrieval

Illusionists have been diverting our weapons and supplies. Amongst the stolen goods was a package containing plans for experimental weaponized Mammon chains. The package is disguised as ordinary ammunition. Your mission is composed of two parts:
1) to locate the cache of stolen weapons and plant a tracking device in order to alert the raiding party which will retrieve the stolen goods
2) to retrieve the package of blue prints before the enemy becomes aware of its existence
Use of lethal force is permitted to maintain the secrecy of the blue-prints, otherwise open engagement with the enemy is prohibited. You must avoid detection at all costs.

Mission requirments: One unit capable of covert infiltration.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc on Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:08 pm

Mission: Bodyguard Needed!

The job is to defend a vongola family member who has been receiving death threats lately. He isn't very important but important enough to warrant peons like us halfheartedly try to save his fat ass. Bodyguards must be able to defend against multiple low level assailants. Mission succeeds if you defend him for 3 days, fails if he's killed or you are.
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 6578
Charm : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster on Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:28 pm

Alright that seems like a good start. Im going to start the actual RP now, so after we get our characters established through intro posts and everything we can start signing up for missions and assigning DMs to them. For solo missions the DM can be the sole player or you can ask someone to post with you. Same applies to any other mission, DM may or may not be a player so just sign up and a mission can start when enough people are on board.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanxus on Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:21 pm

So where do we do an entry post

Angel

Grade : 3166
Charm : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:37 pm

post which mission(s) you wanna go for here so we can sort things out like dm and villains. Also post any mission ideas you have and if necessary you can request a mission be made to match you're IRL schedule.

To start a mission the first step is discussing it here and the second step is volunteering/ being assigned to the mission in the actual RP. If you are not assigned to a mission you can still post daily life stuff that takes place in the Varia castle/ make up your own solo mission.

We kinda jumped the gun with the first few posts so for the sake of clarity lets announce it one more time officially:

There are three missions on the bulletin board:

1) Assasinate the twins (group)
DM: Fran (me) red
2) retrieve the blue prints (solo)
DM: not assigned
3) protect the minor vongola member (solo/pair)
DM: Metal Rabbit dark blue

Squallo already posted some things in the RP about recruiting partners for the first mission so we'll roll with that, but from now on, if you want to officially reserve your place on a mission do so here. After that you can post yourself volunteering/accepting/recruiting for the mission in the RP.

If there aren't enough missions to go around or you have another idea for one again, post it here and we'll figure out whos assigned to what.

You're daily life posts will be in regular black letters. With the exception of the first mission, when enough people and a DM sign up for a mission in this topic, the DM will post a "mission start" in his/her chosen color.

In maybe half an hour ill post some rules and junk that i forgot from earlier which should clear up any leftover confusion. I apologize, this is a very new system of RPing so please give me questions/ feed back

For now have fun in Varia Castle and establish your relationships with some of the other characters.

the actual RP is here:
http://taleschronicles.forumotion.net/t2255-katekyo-hitman-reborn-rp-varia-quality#53774

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster on Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:15 am

I put the rules in the original post. We should also think about a couple more missions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:06 pm

"I'll be taking the A ranked mission. Along with Virgil." Johnny said. "Sheesh those other idiots ran off trying to call first dibs, the mission requires a 4 man team for god's sake. Guess we have to wait for two more......." he said to Virgil.

Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 27840
Charm : 804

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:49 pm

lol Why'd you post in character on the mission topic?

Anyway for this first one consider those four to be the ones involved and treat it like an introduction to the characters.

For the other missions we can properly sort out whos doing what here in this topic.

The C rank is still up for grabs and the Retrieval portion of the first mission needs a DM.

Also we'll need some soon anyway so here are a couple:

"Underground Star"
Type: Assassination and Retrieval
Requirements:1 or 2 operatives
DM: unassigned
There has been a recent spike in hype over the black market snuff-film industry. Rumor has it that someone has somehow obtained footage of several Mafia hits including several Varia assassinations. Locate and eliminate the source of these videos before they go viral.

"This town ain't big enough for the both of us."
Type: Assassination
Requirements: Solo mission with one witness
DM: Fran (red)
"Howdy! Word is the Varia are the toughest gang o' russlers 'round these here parts. Well I reckin' ye' ain't. That's right. I reckin' the Varia ain't nothin' but a bunch o' lily-livered cowards, who can't do nothin' without a posse. But I ain't the kind o' man who spits on another man's reputation without givin' him a chance t' prove 'imself. If just one o' y'all can beat me in a duel, then slap my ass n' call me Sally. I'll be at the ol' corral at high noon. Send yer bes' gunman n' someone to carry back the stiff. Yeeehaw!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster on Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:39 pm

Ok so as a review of who has what mission:

"The twins" A rank: Johnny, Virgil, Saiko (went alone), Fiorella (went unofficially) DM= Masu/Red

"Bodyguard Needed!" C rank: Caterina?, Kouya? DM=metal rabbit

And Draco is looking for one of the other missions either solo or with a partner.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough and Im sorry but from now on if you want a mission, then post ur intentions in this topic. We jumped the gun this first round, but remember for next time please, so we can get DMs properly lined up.

And again, if you havent already reread the first post in this topic. I put the rules/ mission process up there.

Back to top Go down

Post by usogami on Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:08 pm

ill join the rank c mission

God General

Grade : 3996
Charm : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Saaya Agata on Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:18 pm

my bad Red. i'm doing the C rank mission

Grand Cardinal

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 3569
Charm : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster on Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:39 pm

no big deal. im sorry if it sounds controlling but once the system is in place my hope is that it becomes self sustaining without any need to worry about lack of regular posters. The posts themselves are progressing as envisioned so continue as you are, but we wanna make sure no one is left waiting for a posting partner so the sign-up lets us know ur level of commitment as far as time goes and lets players come and go without damaging continuity. Like P4 where the MC dropped off the face of the earth, or the first reborn rp which withered from conflicting irl schedules.

Back to top Go down

Re: Katekyo Hitman Reborn RP: Varia Quality

Post by Bacon'N'grits on Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:06 am

I'll take the blue prints one

Bacon'N'grits
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 3749
Charm : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster on Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:12 am

righto. do you need a DM/ does anyone here wanna DM for bacon n grits?

Back to top Go down

Re: Katekyo Hitman Reborn RP: Varia Quality

Post by Bacon'N'grits on Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:54 am

Go ahead if you like

Bacon'N'grits
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 3749
Charm : 10