Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joker, what are you doing, running from the most important battle in the history of everything?

4 posters

Go down

Joker, what are you doing, running from the most important battle in the history of everything? Empty Joker, what are you doing, running from the most important battle in the history of everything?

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:01 pm

So yeah. I beat it for the second time last night. And overall, the game is really good. But the last 5 minutes of the game suck. Everything after the argument with the illusive man needs to just go away. Even if they just ended it with Shepard dying next to Anderson.

Oh yeah, spoilers BTW.

It's a shame that the ending is so shit, cause overall the game isn't that bad. There are a few hiccups, like who the fuck is James Vega, and why does he think he could replace a slot that was traditionally left open for a Krogan. But overall the game was solid.

I read an article that pretty much outlines everything wrong with the ending, and expresses it in a more eloquent way then I could.
http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right/

I recommend reading it, it's a pretty fair read. Plus includes a very nice sum up of the worst reasoning behind the Reaper's existence:
"Yo dawg. I heard you don't like getting killed by synthetics.

So I made synthetics that kill you every 50 thousand years.
So you don't get killed by synthetics."

Which is almost exactly what the Catalyst tells you.

Anyway, this conversation will generally amount to: "Should the game's ending be changed?" And honestly, I dunno. Bioware plans to come out with cinematics that establish more details about what happen after the fact, which I think is a good thing and I support the idea. I'm not entirely sure how to feel about changing the ending though. For one, the ending was balls and Mass Effect should be held to a higher standard than that. On the other hand, they shouldn't have to bend over backwards to appease the mindless fanboys.

So I dunno. Thinking about it, there's so many things wrong with the ending that it infuriates me. One, being the title of the topic, another being: "How did my squadmates get back on the ship when they were down on earth, likely getting killed by the reaper," another being "If the one mass relay destroyed the Batarians, why did exploding every single mass relay in the galaxy NOT kill everyone?"

Just
so
much
shit.

Thoughts?
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21627
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Joker, what are you doing, running from the most important battle in the history of everything? Empty Re: Joker, what are you doing, running from the most important battle in the history of everything?

Post by Rise: The Game Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:11 pm

My first thought is

"What the fuck is he talking about"

since all I see is "So i beat it last night"
Rise: The Game
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29890
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Joker, what are you doing, running from the most important battle in the history of everything? Empty Re: Joker, what are you doing, running from the most important battle in the history of everything?

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:11 pm

Mass Effect 3. Lol.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:42 pm

I hasn't played any of the gayms, but I read up on the ending to see what all the hate was about.

Sounds pretty awful. I suppose I'm with the fans on this one, it's a huge, huge shame that such a big, dramatic series ended this way.

The worst parts are the mass relays being destroyed, stranding everybody and dooming whole species to extinction, and the little message at the end amounting to "you won the game, now buy our DLC!!"
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12657
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:44 pm

Yeah.
In related news, EA was voted by the consumerist as the "most evil" company around.

They are doing a dlc to clear up the ending a bit, and it is free, but it still serves as a major blemish on Bioware.

Take the effort put into the multiplayer, and put that into the ending. And just fuck off with the multiplayer. No one cares about it. If they want multiplayer, they'd play Halo, or Call of Duty, if I want a well crafted story and singleplayer, I'd play MAss Effect.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:54 pm

Every game has "Real ending" DLC now.

This.
FF 13 2
Asura's Wrath

im waiting for DLC to access VS mode in fighting games now.
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29890
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:25 pm

Yeah, it's a bit skeevy, having to buy an unfinished product.

It was one thing with Fallout 3, cause the conclusion had already come about, and the extended ending was that. Extended. There was something new after that. It's another thing to sell an unfinished product and fuck everyone.

Another trend the gaming industry is getting into that I hope doesn't last.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:09 pm

I agree with you on the story thing, I beat it 2 times now and both the endings suck, and the limping thing was just unnecessary. I guess it was to show how tough shepard is but I still didn't like the idea of it. Also the multiplayer can be fun, the only problem is that its like BF3 where people play team based games without communication.
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Hearts
Grade : 7840
Charm : -221

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/firesword219

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:14 pm

Limping thing?

Well, I think that was to show that he got blasted by a giant laser that has the power to take out full on ships. Sure it slowed things down, but that was the last thing that really bugged me about the ending.

As for the multiplayer, I'm sure it's fun, but to shoehorn it in, in the last game of a series that has been multiplayer since it's inception, just seems....bizarre.

That, and the multiplayer levels are literally IN the game. There's no point. It would be cool if it took place on Earth, and it had it's entire own separate campaign where you did stuff down there. But no. There's no new content to it, and it has no place.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:24 pm

well that's how it is in every multiplayer game I played (COD, Halo, Gears, I'm not sure about battlefield since the maps are huge). They always take places from the campaign for the multiplayer maps so that everyone should know everything about the place
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Hearts
Grade : 7840
Charm : -221

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/firesword219

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:25 pm

Yeah. Which is why a lot of multiplayer centered games suck. Lol.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:22 pm

RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down