Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sound Warfare

5 posters

Go down

Sound Warfare Empty Sound Warfare

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:21 pm

So. 24 hour quiet hours have started in our dorm. Which doesn't stop our fucker dormmates from playing their shitty rap. So, in return I'm fed up and started blasting the soundtrack to the book of mormon.

I'm gonna play it until I'm done with homework.

Also, as I was posting. Their music went off. This has happened before, so I turned my music off. A few minutes later they'll play their shit again.

Not this time. Till I'm satisfied, it's staying on. Might put in the Catherine soundtrack, or Record of the Argarest war.

Fuck rap. Fuck these fuckers. For once I'd like to have a day without their shitty music blasting, or the bathroom looking like some failed sexual exploration.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21648
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Sound Warfare Empty Re: Sound Warfare

Post by Rise: The Game Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:26 pm

Oh lol. I've learned to just laugh at the hilariously stupid lyrics in the songs honestly.
Rise: The Game
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29911
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:38 pm

Seriously, one of the songs is: "I just want to see you strip, strip." Repeated over and over.

And it's not the songs that bother me so much, people are welcome to listen to their own music, no matter how shitty it is. But I can hear it like its in my room, when their door's closed, and my door is closed. They blast the shit like fucking jackals.

And that's what makes me want to take a baseball bat to their knees. (Inner Italian coming out.)
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:38 pm

I know what you mean, most of the new rap is just that, UTTER SHIT. I listen to rap but only 90s or below cause the lyrics are actually good. Also if you blast rap really loud/more than its supposed to be, then it makes almost no sense to me. Most of it has to be low for you to understand it better. Also isn't this the time where you should be studying since finals are coming up? or they're already here? My sister has been going off about stuff like that as well.
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Hearts
Grade : 7861
Charm : -221

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/firesword219

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:22 pm

You try the direct approach? Just sayin' using the bat asking nicely might work.

As for my musical opinion, I love Hip-Hop but I hate rap. Yes, there is a difference. Also chronology is a terrible way to judge a musical piece. Nostalgic pieces can be terrible and new stuff can break the mold. Not to sound like a hipster, but it's the groups that are signed to major labels that tend to be garbage. You know, ''l'art pour l'art'' and all that.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Grade : 10080
Charm : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:24 pm

I'm also a huge fan of hip-hop, but not rap. I can't stand rap past the 90s either, But the thing that gets me about playing it loudly, is the bass. When cars drive by blasting rap music with the bass way up, I can feel my heart and lungs shaking, and I'm inside. I can only imagine what it feels like to be in the car.

also it's been proven if bass is high enough, it will cause your lungs to collapse

But I think the music industry has pretty much all gone to shit anyway. At least a majority of it.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 17813
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:05 pm

Still, they could be listening to polka for all I care. If they're blasting it as loud as they are, then it's just extremely discourteous. That's what pisses me off.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:55 pm

I hear ya Lyle. Rudeness is a much bigger problem than differences of opinion. Which is why I wanna apologize but I wanna discuss some of the things Kilvas and Kiba are saying about post 90's music. If it gets too off topic it can be moved somewhere else.

Anyway here are a few songs from different artists from three different labels that were produced after 2005. I think they illustrate my point that "new" actually can be "good" and that small and independent labels are where true art can really thrive.

Spoiler:
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:22 pm

Kiba anf Kilvas said MOST. Not ALL post 90's music suck. Anyways looks like its time to avoid a headache this topic as its main point has gotten through. Actually make your own topic instead of derailing thia one
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29911
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:29 pm

I wasn't trying to be confrontational or argumentative, just trying to stimulate a healthy discussion. You're right though, I'll move it to the entertainment board. Sorry bout that.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:00 pm

Zenkichi Hitoyoshi wrote:Kiba anf Kilvas said MOST. Not ALL post 90's music suck. Anyways looks like its time to avoid a headache this topic as its main point has gotten through. Actually make your own topic instead of derailing thia one
I didn't say 90s music sucked, just most of the rap past that. D:
Kilvas
Kilvas

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 17813
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down