THE Tales of RP

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: THE Tales of RP

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK on Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:49 pm

Well, are we doing the school idea? I remember we tried that, and it kinda busted a bit.

We could just have a few initial characters meet in a village. Each week someone has to take a turn coming up with an idea for a demi-plot line. (Or until said plotline is finished.) And an overarching plotline can come along naturally over time.

RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 19697
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:29 am

Im in. What do we need for a character sheet?

Grade : 8129
Charm : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game on Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:16 pm

The school thing can be a spinoff or something, but id like an actual one with a story n stuff.

Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 27959
Charm : 804

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK on Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:01 pm

How about the idea I suggested? Take the P4 RP. As much as I love it, the plot seems to be continuous, and never ending. And that works great for what it is, and I'm more than happy with it. But, if we did this RP like a series of short stories with the same few characters, I think it would keep people more engaged. And every person gets to create their own plot, and allow to do whatever they want more or less. (Within the context of the universe created of course.) And we can have an overarching plot eventually if we want to change that up. But it'd be fun to let everyone get a chance to control where the rp goes, and see what ideas they have.

Barry gave us a great starting point with the setting, the characters are our own creation, the story is the hardest part. So we spread the labor to everyone involved. We're all creative enough to come up with one plotline every 4 weeks or so (depending on how long plots last, and how many people sign up.)

So my suggestion for a story is that. And I'd like to get feedback on it quickly and get this thing started, cause there's no time like the present.

RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Turret Slayer!!! on Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:02 pm

Works for me. The school one was mainly a spin-off to poke fun at the series anyways.

RP Mod

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 10697
Charm : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster on Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:58 pm

I think the best way to bump this thing is to go ahead and post my character. It's just a rework of my Academy guy without the little sister complex:

Name: Wasara
Physical description: not very strong, tall, slim. straight black hair with long bangs in his face and a ponytail. wears wire frame glasses and a light pastel colored robe with some design or another over a plain colored tunic and loose capri length pants tied at the leg. wears sandals or goes barefoot. think Raven from Vesperia mixed with this picture of Watanuki:
Spoiler:
Personality: Lazy. always half asleep, cynical, likes to observe and make the occasional comment or macabre joke. not pessimistic but very resigned. hates conflict or anything else that requires effort but that doesnt stop him from saying or doing what suits him. loves a good drink.
Fighting Style: Magic gun user. Because he's so lazy Wasara only bothered to learn two spells. One improves his aim regardless of where he points his gun, and the other converts spells he comes across into bullets for later use.

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK on Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:52 pm

Name: Lucianna (Often called Lucy for short) Pellep
Class/Fighting Style: Thief class, fast, accurate, fights with a dagger.
Physical description: She wears a dark leather armor with a yellow shirt underneath. She also wears a yellow scarf around her neck that trails behind her to keep her warm. She has a long ponytail, it being of a dark raven color.
Personality: Grumpy and quick to anger, Lucy has a hard time making close friends. She manages to get by, however her negative attitude, combine with her thieving makes her enemies from time to time. Deep down, she has a good heart, and her brazeness often allows for her to do what's morally right in most situations. She is however, at the end of the day, a thief and a mercenary. So though she may have the best intentions, when push comes to shove, she looks out for herself.

Name: Aaron McCoy
Class/Fighting Style: Healer class. Mostly healing spells with some minor attack magic. Uses a staff
Physical description: He wears white robes, has light brown hair and is fairly short, even for his age. Weak physically, and cowardly, Aaron is all about sticking by someone able to defend him. His true desire is to be able to stand up for himself and be a use to others, however whenever it's time for him to step up, his survival instincts kick in and he runs. Intelligent though he may be, he fails to act, due to his fear of other's judgement. All he wants is to prove himself and for others to like him. His weaknesses however get in his way, but does not lack for potential.

I also have a third character I may use, but I don't want to jump the gun with too many at once if people were to have objections.

RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK on Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:49 pm

THIS WAS THE TOPIC I MEANT TO BUMP.

POST DAMN YOU

RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:11 pm

Bacon'N'grits wrote:So I've come up wit something!!! See what you think!

Tales of Requisition
World: Fortunecia

Plot: Fortunecia has been a world with much tranquility and order without the form of a Government. The people have collaborated with each other for centuries without much disarray within their world or help from existing places or worlds. Fortunecia was truly a world of balance and the people have thrived, showing their splendor and independence to other worlds. The day would come where Fortunecias balance would be put to the test by certain organizations as well as worlds in need of such power and balance. A rumor of legend spread amongst the years that when a world of peace or chaos would soon reach the time of Judgement or think itself in need of it, warriors of its threshold would come forth to challenge or prove their might to it. Whether the legend is that of a deity, beast, or source of power is yet to be discovered. All that is known is if the warriors of its world prove victorious, then that world would be stripped of all it lacks and be what its people have desired. However, the legend only states that of which the victor is rewarded , not what befalls the unfortunate who have been defeated.  One day, Fortunecia found itself having a festival to celebrate its grand opening of a new school for kids to gain education and/or to train and become powerful warriors until a mysterious gleam of light fell from sky near a mountain with a huge waterfall. Curious as to what made the ruckus, some of the bravest warriors set out on an adventure they'd soon never forget...

Hope you guys like this!! Gmme your thoughts!
Alrighty. To be honest I like this. We could use to expand on it a bit more, and of course we need locations before we can do anything. Cause it'll be lame to go "And they went to that town" or "The forest" If anyone could help come up with some location names, be it towns, forests, caves, dungeons whatever i'd appreciate it. I dont wanna start this until we have something truly solid.

Also I asked Barry, he says the setting is kinda modern, but not as modern as Xillia 2's elempiyos. So think Graces I guess. Or Xillia 1 for Rise Maxia/Elempiyos.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bacon'N'grits on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:06 pm

So here are the descriptions of Grados!

Grados- World of Divine Sovereignty: Grados and is a huge world full of many people and different cultures. It has a heavy emphasis on war and maintaining stability through governments and kingdoms. But with many people of different cultures and Ideas, things began to unfold rather not so well in the World. Major disputes over territories and crowns to rule were had on Grados. Even kingdoms who declared peace to other nations were soon invaded. Grados somehow still thrives and continues to be a flourishing world but its methods of maintain that are quite malevolent. Constant uprisings have been know to happen throughout Grados so war is almost a natural way of live there.

Last edited by Bacon'N'grits on Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bacon'N'grits
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 3868
Charm : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Bacon'N'grits on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:41 am

Tales of Requisition
World: Fortuncia

Starting Plot: Fortuncia has been a world with much tranquility and order without the form of a Government. The people have collaborated with each other for centuries without much disarray within their world or help from existing places or worlds. Fortuncia was truly a world of balance and the people have thrived, showing their splendor and independence to other worlds. The day would come where Fortuncias balance would be put to the test by worlds in need of such power and balance. A rumor of legend spread amongst the years that when a world of peace or chaos would soon reach the time of Judgement or think itself in need of it, warriors of its homeland would come forth to challenge or prove their might to it. Whether the legend is that of a deity, beast, or source of power to be taken is yet to be discovered. All that is known is if the warriors of its world prove victorious, then that world would be stripped of all it lacks and be what its people have desired. However, the legend only states that of which the victor is rewarded , not what befalls the unfortunate who have been defeated. One day, Fortuncia found itself having a festival to celebrate its grand opening of a new academy for kids and adults to learn combat skills or magic and gain education to become powerful warriors until a mysterious gleam of light fell from sky near a mountain with a huge waterfall. Curious as to what made the ruckus, a few of the townsmen and warriors proceed to check what happened. However, little did the World of Fortuncia know that the other worlds have gathered wind of the little event as well. Other worlds would soon send ambassadors out to discover what this could mean. What could this mysterious light be and what impact will it have on the Worlds? The start of a grand and ardous journey begins!

Bacon'N'grits
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:24 pm

Ok since this is the planning topic for general shit.

SCHEDULES.

We need everyone's availability! (Or at least a general "Im free this time im busy that time) That way we know what days/nights to get a big RP session rolling in the skype call. So we can be postin and knocking ideas around in the call at the same time. DOUBLE THE PROGRESS.

As for me, im free:
Mondays anytime
Tuesdays anytime
Wednesday between Noon and 10pm
Thursday im generally busy. If im ever free its in the evening around 5 or 6
Fridays im pretty much swamped. If anything i'll squeeze in a couple of posts, otherwise I usually show up around 9 or 10 pm.
Saturday really depends. Sometimes im free all day sometimes im gone all day.
Sundays im free from the morning till 2pm, then I leave untill 8 or 9 pm.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bacon'N'grits on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:27 pm

I'm available during the noon afternoon for everyday unless I'm really tired from work but my free days are Wednesdays and Saturdays

Bacon'N'grits
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Turret Slayer!!! on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:28 pm

I should be available anytime between 9:30 am and 10 pm.

RP Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:31 pm

I'm free:
monday from 9-3
Tuesday 11-1
wednesday 9-3
Thursday 11-12 (dont have much free time tursday)
Friday 9-2
Saturday and Sundays I cant say for sure. Stuff is usually random.

This is pretty much when I dont have class. I MIGHT be bust with other commissions/projects/game club. But I should be at least available to talk to during these times if anyone needs me.

Central time BTW

Last edited by Kilvas on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

maeko sig made by me
Shizuo Heiwajima wrote:So what did I do? I played the sax muthaf**ker!
Kilvas

Grade : 15862
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:36 pm

Im busy all weekdays and some weekends from 9 to 5. I also have some irregular obligations in the early evening, so I have the most flexibility between 8ish and midnight every night. EST obviously.

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK on Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:51 am

My schedule is a little up in the air for a few days at this point. But I do know I will be free thursday evenings (after 6 or so). Saturdays and Sundays all day.

Fridays are tentative for me currently. Not sure if I'm working early or late, same goes for Monday and Tuesday. But I'll let you guys know as soon as I know. As for Wednesday, typically just not good. After work I go visit my Dad, which usually gets me home around 10ish.

Also, I do have a lot of activities I'm planning on doing, so I'll be fitting those into my free time as well (as I'm sure go for all of you as well) so let's plan for these at least a week in advanced.

RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game on Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:45 am

Nope.

This is all im doin. Im fine whenever anyone yells for me if im online o_o

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game on Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:51 am

Oh yeah so the three worlds obviously need a world map so we know of areas n stuff.

Whos doing them for Grados and the Jungle place? I figure i'd do Fortunecia

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:17 pm

SHSL Babyface wrote:Oh yeah so the three worlds obviously need a world map so we know of areas n stuff.

Whos doing them for Grados and the Jungle place? I figure i'd do Fortunecia
oh oh oh
pick me pick me pick me

maeko sig made by me
Shizuo Heiwajima wrote:So what did I do? I played the sax muthaf**ker!
Kilvas

Grade : 15862
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:19 pm

Sure. Sounds good to me.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Turret Slayer!!! on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:21 pm

I can do Grados, if you don't mind.

RP Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Bacon'N'grits on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:26 pm

I'll do thoseeeee/JUNGLE WORLD

Bacon'N'grits
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:05 pm

ive a question. so i based my guys origin purely from barry's opening speech thing at the top of this page and my guy comes from another world. you mentioned "three worlds" and its become apparent that i completely missed the whole grados and jungle thing. is there like a "rule of three" thing or can there be many worlds? if the 4th world is a problem can rewrite his origin so he's from grados or something. either way i dont think we'll need a map for my guys home-world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:08 pm

Unless you're up for putting in all the work and detail for an entire world for your guy, id say keep it 3. we were originally gonna have 4 and we came to the conclusion that thats a little overkill. (Though to be fair it was in skype so you're not at fault here)

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next