Bravely Default: Flying Fairy

Go down

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy

Post by CrimsonShield on Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:29 am

So for those who you who do not know about this game,most of you probably, it's an RPG coming out on the 3DS that Square Enix is producing, but Silicon Studio is developing, you may know them for developing 3D Dot Game Heroes, and they even got Naotaka Hayashi, the man that wrote Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head, to write the script for the entire game. Now the game itself is seperated into chapters with each chapter focusing on one of four main characters. The first main character being a Shrine Maiden named Agnes who is out to save the world. The next is Tiz Oria an ordinary boy who's life comes to halt after a catastrophic event. The final known main character is a girl by the name of Edea Lee who is a solider ordered by the army to kill Agnes. Now obviously their paths will intertwine and they will meet each other but there are sub scenarios as well that aparently have extra jobs as rewards for doing them.

Now what really amazes me about this game is what it looks like first of all, the game is gorgeous it looks like if the characters are walking on literal concept art. That and now that somebody has mentioned it this game really does have that FFT art style influence.

Here's a few screenshots:http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/02/bravely-default-flying-fairy-screenshots-almost-look-like-concept-art/

Then there's the story of the game, now in concept it sounds like the usual RPG stereotypes, but them just having Naotaka Hayashi writing the script makes me think this game is going to have some serious twists in it, or at least have some very interesting dialouge. Also they have said the game will have multiple endings so player choice may actually do something for once in a Square Enix JRPG.

Oh then there's the actual battle system of the game,you remember how I said this is like FF3 and FF5 had a love baby? I said that because the game does have a job system and it does look fairly simplistic from what they've shown in screenshots but who knows, all I'm personally hoping for is that it actually works as a good battle system, but who knows.

A few battle screens: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/30/a-glance-of-bravely-defaults-battle-system/

Also enemies have job classes? (more in battle screens): http://www.siliconera.com/2012/05/10/bravely-default-battle-screenshots-wait-the-bad-guys-have-jobs-too/

Oh I forgot to mention something another thing I'm really liking is the development process, by that I mean the developers are LISTENING TO THE FANS PROBLEMS WITH THE DEMOES, and actually trying to fix those problems. This makes me believe that those small problems most games have might be fixed with demoes and that the developers care for their fans. Now why am I so excited for a game that I truthfully don't know a whole heck about, I'm not sure there is as good of a chance the game could be good as bad from what I know but all the signs point towards good and I'm an optomist. Also they released a battle theme and it's kickass.

Wow this is such a tl;dr sorry guys I kind of didn't want to leave anything out. Also thanks to Masu who made it possible for this post to be less of a wall of text and let me throw links into this thing a couple of days early.
CrimsonShield
Huma
Huma

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 2271
Charm : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy

Post by Rozencrutz on Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:47 pm

So wait the guy behind steins gate is involved in this? Holy crap this sounds freaking awesome.

Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 10331
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonShield on Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:26 pm

So it's just been released that Bravely Default's Composer is Revo from Sound Horizon, his group makes fantasy ballads like Rein's World. Revo is also releasing an album called Linked Horizon before Square Enix releases the Bravely Default OST. Oh and SE is releasing a third demo in Japan that will have actual combat in it.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/19/bravely-defaults-composer-is-sound-horizon-lead-revo/ (Also they show some art of the 4th character on the album Linked Horizon.)

Hei wrote:So wait the guy behind steins gate is involved in this? Holy crap this sounds freaking awesome.

Also yeah I have to say if Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head had anything, they had some interesting stories lol.
CrimsonShield
Huma
Huma

Back to top Go down

Post by SteinGuns on Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:47 pm

When I first saw the art style was vaguely similar to FFT, I was immediately interested in the game. A Job class System is also always a nice addition to any RPG, if you ask me. Seriously hoping SE doesn't skip out on bringing this one over....
SteinGuns
Replica
Replica

Favorite Tales Game : Destiny 2
Grade : 2222

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonShield on Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:59 am

So yeah new trailer:

And if I forgot to mention yes jobs that you get are linked to the crystals so it's once again just like FF3/5. Also woot battle system and god does it literally look like a copy and paste of FF3 DS with fancier animations, but I have faith in Silicon Studios to put their own twist into it outside of enemies having jobs.
CrimsonShield
Huma
Huma

Back to top Go down

Post by SteinGuns on Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:06 am

Well, to be fair, FF3, despite how much I love that game, doesn't have the most unique game play aside from the Job System. Some of the environments look rather interesting, and the music is still rather bad ass, to say the least.
SteinGuns
Replica
Replica

Favorite Tales Game : Destiny 2
Grade : 2222

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game on Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:18 am

SteinGuns wrote:Seriously hoping SE doesn't skip out on bringing this one over....

Im sure they'll try to get more moola by bringing it here.

.......I hope ;_;

Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 27781
Charm : 804

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonShield on Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:47 am

Masu wrote:
SteinGuns wrote:Seriously hoping SE doesn't skip out on bringing this one over....

Im sure they'll try to get more moola by bringing it here.

.......I hope ;_;

I will quote what I said when I first started to have my hope for a Tales of Xillia translation

CrimsonShield wrote:I swear to god if Tales of Xillia doesn't get localized or translated in one way or another I will the damn people who denied Tales of Xillia coming over here.

So yeah replace Tales of Xillia with Bravely Default: Flying Fairy and Namco Bandai with Square Enix.
I'm not a violent person what gave you that idea? But seriously it's Square Enix I can't really think of many Square Enix RPGs that they've passed up on bringing over in recent memory,remember Square Enix wants all of your money but never as badly as Capcom.
CrimsonShield
Huma
Huma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: