Tales of Mythopoeia

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

Tales of Mythopoeia

Post by Grunge Hamster on Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:27 pm

Story. Myth. Anecdote. Drama. Narrative. Yarn. Saga. Legend. Chronicle. Fable. Tale. Every tale is a world unto itself. But these worlds aren't spun around in a vacuum. No, tales like to collide and touch and leave behind bits of themselves for others to find. When worlds collide, new tales are made. New worlds are made. Once upon a time there were three worlds... Once upon a time there was a tale...

Grade : 7924
Charm : 154

Back to top Go down

Re: Tales of Mythopoeia

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:05 pm

"...." Atlas looked back and forth, lined up against a wall with several other mercenaries. "Hmmm. No contracts today either." He breathed in deep and sighed. "Well, boys, it's been nice chatting with you all, but I'm tired of hanging around here. I'll meet a few of you at the tavern, most likely." He waved to the other mercenaries.

"Aw, Atlas, you're leaving at primetime, this is when all the good contracts come along!" Called out one of the mercenaries.

"Well Roy, been doing this dance all week now, I'm hitting the tavern early." He turned around to face Roy. He gave them a quick salute before heading into the nearby tavern. He bellied up to the bar, ordering a drink. He grabbed his mug, raising it slightly. "For dominance. To Veilstrum." He said unethusiastically. After which he began drinking out of the mug as much as he could, and with a gasp for air he set his mug down on the bar. "Gotta get some work soon...Money's not an issue, but I've been bored out of my mind." He looked around the bar, noticing a few rough types in the corner. "..Man I hope they're looking to make trouble."

Grados, Veilstrum. 4:23PM GST Day 1.

RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 19492
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by The Monkey King on Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:02 am

"WAKE UP KIDDO IT'S TIME TO OPEN THE STALL!" Was what Lorenzo had woken up to. "Urgh, it's still too early, Da'." He grumbled as he climbed out of his cot. "Why couldn't we get an inn for the night? the cheap codger." He grumbled some more and then got dressed in his traveling attire, "Ugh, it's too hot for my street clothes now, summer's coming soon." He opened the door to his small quarters and another shout came from above him, "YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE JEAN! HURRY UP!" and different shout followed, "Yea, JEAN! Hurry up or I'll leave you!" He climbed out from the sleeping area, "Aghhhh," He rubbed the back of his head, "I told you not to call me that in front of the others, especially her." He said with a bit of dread. A big man and a shorter but still tall woman were standing next to a two seater scooter and a medium sized backpack. The woman chimed in, "Aww but I like that name! Especially when Basil says it. Means daddy is being super serious."
Basil looked at her and bopped her in the head, "You know I'm right here, right Anna?" He said slightly annoyed. "You shouldn't do that to your boss, you know."
She chuckled and held her head, "Aww I'm just poking fun, boss! Don't need to get all offended!"
Lorenzo had chuckled a bit too, "Yeah, Basil you get easily offended when it comes to me!"
"Just cause you're my kid don't mean that gets you out of a good throttling!" Basil said with his accent slipping and a fist up.
"C'mon we're gonna be late!" Anna said slapping a helmet on Lorenzo, "Need to open the stall while it's busy. I'll bring lunch later." She picked another helmet up that had goggles on them and put it on herself. She sat down at the front of the scooter.
"Ugh you should just bring me back at that point," He yawned and sat down behind her.
"Wake up kid!" Basil said smacking him upside his helmet. "We need to get rid of some of this cargo." He lifted the backpack for Lorenzo, "Here set out this stuff you'll be able to sell most of it."
He fell forward from the smack, "Alright alright I'm awake!" He grabbed the backpack and threw it on. "Thanks, Da'"
She fired up the scooter and said, "Awwwwww you called him da'! You do care!" She clasped her hands in front of her and sighed happily.
Basil bopped her again, "If you don't stop be facatious, faceshus, whatever you kids call it, I swear I'll toss you off this ship myself, you got that girl?!" He said rather angrily. He took a deep breath and turned to Lorenzo, "Good luck, kiddo. Make us some money, you hear?"
Lorenzo replied, "Alrighty I got it! Let's go already!"
"ALRIGHTY BLAST OFF!" She put the scooter to full throttle and jumped off of the ship's bridge to the port.
Basil ran to the railing of the ship, "LEXIANNA, YOU BE CAREFUL WITH MY KID YOU CRAZY GIRL!" He yelled after them, "DON'T YOU RUN ANYONE OVER EITHER! OUR INSURANCE CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE OF YOU!" He sighed and walked back into the ship.
Grandall 7:45 AM FtST
"Alrighty, we're here!" Lexianna said with a stop in front of a big covered stall. Lorenzo got off the scooter with a hop. "Good luck and all that. Like I said lunch later, Florent said he was making something fancy today so it should be good." She waved and revved the throttle.
"Thanks a bunch Lexi, Take it easy on the ship today. We're not leaving for a little while Basil says. So you can relax on the maintenance." He patted her on the back.
"Thanks yourself, Lo'!" She said with a smirk. "See you later!!!" She revved the throttle and took off...
...at a normal pace. Lorenzo chuckled, "She can't push that thing without my weight." He turned to the stall and took off all the coverings. He set the bag on the stall and took everything out. "A lot of trinkets and jewelry, some herbs, looks like a couple of ornamental..." He unsheathed a dagger, "Yup, knives." He set it aside and looked some more, "Oooh!" He pulled out a round plastic bowl, "Some, Gradosian berries you can make good pie out of this stuff. People love it here cause they can't get it here." He pulled everything else out and started calling in customers, "Sir, Sir Might I interest you in some of my wares? They're goods brought in fresh from Grados!"
Grandall 8:02 AM FtST

The Monkey King
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 4793
Charm : 147

Back to top Go down

Post by FuraidoRaisu on Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:05 am

The old man runs frantically into the cargo hold and shuts the door. "Okay, I think I lost 'em. Now what can I use to get out of here?" He walks over to a random trunk and picks it open with a pin pulled from his sleeve. To the geezer's amazement, the trunk is filled with gold and jewels.

"... I CAN'T USE ANY OF THIS JUNK!"

He hears the guards passing by outside the door. In a panic, he dumps the trunk's contents in a corner and locks himself in the trunk.

After a few minutes of silence, the old man hears a deep, loud rumbling. He feels the room around him shaking. "Uh-oh... Is this thing moving?"

Youdu City, Di Yu, Grados. 8:00AM GST
FuraidoRaisu
Replica
Replica

Grade : 1619
Charm : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Bacon'N'grits on Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:18 am

"Nathan! You gotta get going, Wendel asked an important favor of you!" Nell yelled up to Nathans room.

"Way ahead of ya Mom! I already knew he needed me, I just needed to make sure I got everything. No need to worry so much..." Nathan grumbled.

"Remember son, keep your head in the game and don't get sidetracked! You owe me a session because of your mother stealing to read again! "Gwenden yelled at Nathan. "Oh yea...that chick uh...Freda, Frongya, Freshlina-"

"KALINA DAD! Shes been with me for almost 10 years as a friend and you still can't remember her name?! Geez...I know she coming along with me and some other warrior too." Nathan yelled at his father.

"Usually good looking women standout to me Nathan...thats prolly why I don't get her name down right..." Gwenden laughs"

"Oh Gwenden... You do know it took you a while to uh...remember my name. So...you wanna tell me why that is? "Nell said angrily towards Nathans Father.

"...I'm out before I witness something I don't wanna see...see yall later!" Nathan heads out to meet with Kalina as he heard a blast from behind him. "Alright, Kalina you ready to-" In mid-sentence he heard his father scream, "Show me whatcha got just like the old days!"

"Uh...Nathan? You wanna tell me whats going on in your house kiddo?" Kalina said to Nathan very concerned.

"This is why I don't bring too many people over here.....(Sigh) don't worry about it. For now, lets get to Wendel and see whats up shall we?" Nathan said as he and Kalina went to Wendels fortress to find out what he wanted from them.

Kaigor Village, Ferridan 8:15AM FST

Bacon'N'grits
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 3663
Charm : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game on Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:41 am

"........."

"You want to buy something dont you." a Woman's voice said to a young boy.

".....Yeaaaaaaaah." said the boy as he stared at the recently opened booth a few meters away from it.

"Well who was the one who said "This is my duty! Im gonna get by on my own!!" the woman responded.

"Me. I can do without you reminding me every ten seconds Undine." the boy said as he turned to face a blue mermaid-like woman.

"Im just reminding you that you have one of the most important duties that could be fulfilled on this world is all. You dont have money to waste on souvenirs. Though I cant call them souvenirs when you're still in your home town Leo." Undine said with an irritated tone.

"Awwww cut the kid some slack!" Efreet bellowed as he appeared in a bright red flash behind Leo. He was about the size of two fully grown men, and about 4 times as muscular as a toned human male could get. "He just wanted to look like a big man infront of his mommy!"

"By putting himself into a tight spot before even departing? You're right, he IS acting like a man. Because hes acting foolish beyond all reasoning. Why in the world should he have NOT accepted more money from his own family? You do remember he has to accommodate that young girl too!" Undine shouted back.

"Hoo boy. Looks like Undine and Efreet are arguing again. I swear anyone would think those two were a couple in their past life. Anyways! Im gonna go for a nice fly. Just holler when you're done wasting time mmm'yokay?" sang the shrill high pitched voice of a young girl. She then darted off into the sky so fast that one couldn't even paint a clear image of her if they wanted to.

"............I have two angry spirits fighting with each other. One of the two fighting is also pestering me. And as always Sylph just flies off to do whatever she pleases." Leo said as he lifted his spectacles and massaged in between his eyes. And im also in public. He then grabbed a small bag he had tied to the inside of his cloak. "And I have a mere five thousand gald to work with." I REALLY want to buy something from those guys! "I guess I shouldn't sweat it too much." he said trying to lift his own mood. "First thing's first, lets find Cecilia and see if she needs anything for the trip!"

Grandall-8:04 AM FtST

Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 27754
Charm : 804

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster on Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:48 am

"Mmmmm.... oh ladies please....fufufu.... why yes I can definitely show you the royal scepter.... mmmmmff...fufufufu"
THUMP!!!
TWANNNG!!!
"AAAAH!"
Min Jiao-rong falls out of bed, an arrow quivers in the headboard missing him by inches.
"Dammit keep still!" a small angry boy with a bow stands in the doorway of Jiao-rong's bedroom. He has pink hair and a small bandage on his face.
"Aaaaww man, Tai. I was having such a good dream." Jiao-rong yawns.
"How the hell did a lazy bum like you get assigned a special mission and not me?!" Tai-lung nocks another arrow and aims again.
Jiao-rong pulls out a large ornate pistol and shoots the bow out of Tai-lung's hands breaking it.
"Cuz I don't miss."
"YOU CHEATER! MAGIC DOESN'T MAKE YOU A BETTER WARRIOR! I'LL GET YOU FOR THIS!" Tai-lung storms off.
"Young Master, the ship is departing soon, you'd best hurry." a woman in simple black robes enters the room bowing.
"Yeah. Yeah."
................................................................................................................................................................................................
Jiao-rong looks out the window of the airship waiting for take-off.
Finally I'm getting away from all this crap. So long Youdo City. I'm not gonna miss a thing. Well maybe I'll miss Ju-li... and Min-ri... and Hao-len... oh and Fei-ying. But yeah, not gonna miss a thing.
He leans his head back as the engines roar to life.
I wonder if Fortunicans are cute.

Youdu City, Di Yu, Grados. 8:00AM GST

Back to top Go down

Post by Bacon'N'grits on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:02 am

"Alright kids! I'm so happy you've been a wonderful audience to me! Unfortunately...I gotta head out for now. I'll try to do another one for you doves tomorrow! See you guys later heart!" Cecilla realized she needed to meet with Leo. The kids began to scream and cry for more of Cecillas magic shows she puts on for the children.

"Excuse me Little Lady! This is for you!" The man bowed and handed Cecilla 2000 gald.

"Oh my word...I can't take this sir. I mean, I love what I do and appreciate your wonderful support but I don't do it for money. It's ok sir, really, you don't need to give this to me." Cecilla said to the man

"NO! I just can't bear the thought of not giving you this money! Its yours! Take it! You could use to make even greater shows my dear." The man said excitingly to Cecilla.

"Hahaha...alright sir. You're not gonna let me go until I take it so I give up! Thank you sir!" Cecilla says. "Alrighty...now that thats over with, time to find Leo! I wonder if hes shopping around for things..." Cecilla says as she heads for Town Square to look for him.

Grandall, Fortunica 8:08AM FtST

Last edited by Bacon'N'grits on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:34 am; edited 2 times in total

Bacon'N'grits
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophie on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:29 am

"Another day, another begining..." mumbled Aomora as she stare out into the sky through the window."I really need to stop dwelling on that." she thought to herself.

"Something up?" spoke a young man's voice.

"Hektor, you're up too?" Aomora responded as she turned her head to the Hektor.

"Well, you are trying to leave before Faire wakes up right? She gets worried everytime Wendel calls for you." Hektor replies with while sighing.

"It's why I would ask you to be there for her so she isn't lonely while I'm gone. By what I was told, I'm going with a small group so probably means the task isn't going to take too long." Aomora says as she starts putting on her equipment and putting items in a sack.

"Well, don't forget this then." He places a tightly knotted pouch on the table next to the sack "Faire wants you to have that powder in case something happens" He smiles. "Just remember, don't overdo yourself. You have people waiting for you."

Placing the pouch in the sack as the last item, Aomora hangs the sack on her back and starts to head out. "I'm going now then, thank you for seeing me off Hektor." as she walks out the door. "Take care for now!" as she turns her head over her shoulder before starting to sprint off.

"Hopefully she doesn't get reckless..." Hektor whispers to himself as Aomora disappears in the distance.

Kaigor Village, Ferridan 8:20 FST

Sophie
Huma
Huma

Grade : 3272
Charm : 9
Location : Wandering around after a battle (Only few truely know).

Back to top Go down

Post by Turret Slayer!!! on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:12 am

7:14 AM, Luxveilm, Veilstrum

"So you're really going to Fortunica?" asked a woman's voice from inside a small quaint house to a man standing in the doorway.  The man had messy brown hair in a short ponytail and had a large backpack over his tattered black coat.  He fixed the straps on his backpack and nodded, "I am.  With what's going on over there, it can't be helped.  You understand, right?"

"Of course.  Just take care of yourself, Weiss."

"I will." the man said with a nod before walking off.  After a pause the woman's voice called out to him.

"Remember what Nat said.  You promised."  Weiss stopped in his tracks and slid his right hand into his pocket.  Grasping on to something, he let out a calm sigh of relief.

"...Yeah," Weiss turned to the house and smiled, "I'll definitely come back."  The door to the house closed and Weiss put his hands behind his head and walked down the road.  

7:39 AM Luxveilm, Veilstrum

A few blocks later he reached a terminal to take him to the nearest airship port.  Near the entrance stood a blue-eyed blonde in a blue vest over a white shirt, light blue jeans and black shoes.  A pair of goggles across the persons forehead and a white scarf around the person's neck.  Weiss smiled and greeted the person, "Yo.  Kept you waiting, Franny?"

"I've asked you time and again not to call me that," said the blonde before sighing, "My name is Franz.  Franz Gusswalt."

The brown haired man gave a confused look before smirking, "Of course I know that.  We've known each other how long now?"

"...All the more reason to call me by my name.  Or at least call me Fran." pleaded Franz, "You don't see me calling you 'Weissey' or anything like that, do you Weiss Einviel?"

"But Franny's such a cute name." said Weiss with a smile.

Franz sighed.  I see he plan to keep this up as long as possible.  Fine, I suppose I've long since learned that arguing with him is pointless. thought Franz as the two found the ship that would take them to their destination.  As the two stepped on and found their seats Franz said, "But to answer your question, I'm honestly a little nervous.  I mean, Fortunica?  That's where we're going?  The land of witches?"

"Yup, you heard what's going on there.  We have to go."

"I guess you're right.  I'll just have to get over my nerves then."

"Don't worry," Weiss said reaching into his pocket and pulling out a silver pocketwatch, "We'll be just fine."

Franz raised an eyebrow at the watch, "What's that?"

"...My new good luck charm." answered Weiss before a voice came over the intercom.

"Attention: The ship will be departing for Grandall in a short while, so let's go over some safety regulations."

RP Mod

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 10492
Charm : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas on Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:37 am

Lynna laid in the morning dew-covered grass, grinning brightly at the sky. She laid there for a few moments, taking a few deep breathes before sitting up sharply. "I should go somewhere today! But where!?" She looked around in all directions, still smiling. Her attention drawn to a large city. "Mmmmm....Aira doesn't like that place, people look at us funny..." Lynna pouted and mumbled to herself. "So!" Lynna grabbed her staff and sprang up. "Lynna shall proceed elsewhere!" She began marching off in a random direction.

Outskirts of Grandall, Fortunica, 8:10 AM FtST

maeko sig made by me
Shizuo Heiwajima wrote:So what did I do? I played the sax muthaf**ker!
Kilvas

Grade : 15657
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Monkey King on Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:59 am

A sparkle twinkled in his eye as he saw the lad check for his gald sack. "Score!" He muttered under his breath, "You there, Sir!" He pointed right at Leo, "You seem like you could use a bit of help! Might I offer you something that will assist you?" He said motioning to the stuff he had out in front of him. "I have all manner of things. Just say what it is you need and I will perform to the best of my ability to help you!"

The Monkey King
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Bacon'N'grits on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:17 pm

"So what did Wendel tell you about what were doing? Last I remembered...he didn't seem to thrilled about it." Nathan said with a concerned face.

"Tell me about it...I thought he was going to happy to send you rebellious hide out! Kalina joking with Nathan.

"Always with the jokes Kalina? Really, out of all the things hes had us do, he was always proud of it. This time it was like he didn't even want us to do it..." Nathan said.

"Nathan, you gotta take it slow. For all we know he could just have a lot on his mind. Lets just go and see whats up, THEN we contemplate." Kalina said assuring Nathan. "Well, were here! Nathan and Kalina head into Wendels Fortress to get the details on their newest quest.

"Ah...you two! Wendel's waiting for ya just up ahead! Just a tip for ya, don't be your usual self today. It's like he lost his high tolerance with it or something. I don't know whats going but if you figure out whats up, let us know. We guards may have to be sturdy and angry looking half the time, but it doesn't mean we can't look out for our big Chief ya know?" Dalgor said to Nathan and Kalina. Dalgor is one Wendels trusty guardsmen within the walls. Whenever Nathan isn't on duty, Dalgor is the usual one to take his place to keep watch.

"Really now? Now I'm actually concerned..." Kalina said. "Come on Nathan, lets go see whats up." Nathan and Kalina head up to the long staircase to Wendels main corridor.

Wendels Fortress, Kaigor. Ferridan 8:35AM FST

Bacon'N'grits
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:59 pm

"Eh!?" Leo shouted in surprise to see the vendor approach him so boldly. "Uh....well you see I don't really have money to spend. I was just checking on my funds before setting out to find some rare material to sell." He explained with an awkward tone. "Though I guess I could trade some of the materials in return for an item from your stand when I get back if that's okay."

"Thats right. Good job." Undine mumbled while leaning in awkwardly close to Leo's ear.

She's really having him repeat what she says.......you're not his mom y'know Efreet thought with a disgusted look

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Monkey King on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:07 pm

"Well it was worth a shot." He thought to himself. "But those materials might be a good find for some gradosian."
He then replied to Leo, "Hmm, If those materials are as rare as you say they are then you got yourself a deal!" He smiled and gave a thumbs up. "One more shot." He motioned to the stall again and said, "Why not take a quick look and see if there's anything you like? That way I could set it aside for when you come back."

The Monkey King
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Bacon'N'grits on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:32 pm

"Today must be a busy day...haven't seen Town Square bustling like this in a while." Cecilla said to herself. "Well...if Leo is indeed here...I'll definitely know from his clothing BUT there are so many people here I might not be able to this time. Oh I know! I'll make a little pixie to spot him for me!" Cecilla said excitingly as she used her staff to bring forth a pixie to spot Leo. "Alright sweetpea, can you see Leo from where you are?" She said as the pixie points her tiny wand to home in on his position. She takes a couple of turns to spot him near a vendor shop. "Oh there he is! Thank you kindly Pixie! Hey! Leoooooo!" She shouts from afar running toward him. "I knew I'd see you here! How are you doing?!" She asks him.

Grandall Town Square, Fortunica. 8:35AM FtST

Bacon'N'grits
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:27 pm

Knock! knock! knock!
"Enter."
The guard enters and salutes the airship captain. He shifts back and forth nervously.
"Sir... there's... ahem... a bit of a situation... I think? we're not... um quite sure..."
"Out with it man! What the hell are you talking about?"
"Well sir, the Prince is missing... Also someone seems to have broken into the treasury."
"WHAT??? How much is missing?"
"That's the thing sir. All the valuables are still in the room, the only things missing are an empty chest and the Prince. Oh and that weird purple circus animal the Prince's uncle gave him."
..................................................................................................................................................................................................
Min Jiao-rong walks through the Grandall market leading a purple long-necked pack animal with a chest and some bags strapped to its back.
"Interesting place."
He passes a cute girl with some scrawny kid in glasses.
"Not bad. I think retiring here will work out just fine. Find a nice little place on the outer edge of one of the smaller towns and live a nice quiet life. For now better find an inn and then I'll look around."

He eventually finds a place that also has a stable for his animal and pays for a room with a pouch of gold from his robes. After lugging his chest upstairs Jiao-rong is exhausted. He sits on the trunk and catches his breath.
"Whew! Damn this thing is heavy. I should be able to live off of this for a looong time. Now let's see what we got."
He fiddles with the lock and the lid of the chest swings open.
"WHAT THE FUCK??!!"

An inn, Grandall, Fortunica. 11:35AM FtST

Back to top Go down

Post by FuraidoRaisu on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:49 pm

Crap. May as well get a nap in while I'm here.. What feels like just a couple of hours pass and Chao wakes up. He still feels the box moving. He hears voices. ... Outside... WE'RE OUTSIDE. He hears more voices outside the chest. Feels some more bumps. Hears some muffled talking, doors opening and closing, and then, silence. The trunk has stopped moving. Chao knows he is no longer in the ship, but does not know where he is or who moved the trunk. Suddenly, he hears the lock click and the lid is swung open. The startled old man looks up and sees an even more startled young man staring down at him.

"WHAT THE FUCK??!!", the boy yells.

"....Okay, I know this looks bad.... but there is a perfectly reasonable- DISTRACTION!!!"
The old man shoves the young man aside, leaps out of the chest, turns around and attempts to make a run for it... He runs full speed for all of two steps before hitting a wall with his face.
"GAAAH!!! WHAT IN THE- Why is this room so small?! What is this, a jail cell?! I'm not in jail again, am I? Bastards must have found me in the cargo hold. I'M INNOCENT I TELLS YA! Come on, boy! We're bustin' out of here!"

Quite possibly a jail cell, Grandall, Fortunica. 11:36AM FtST
FuraidoRaisu
Replica
Replica

Back to top Go down

Post by Bacon'N'grits on Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:02 am

Nathan and Kalina make it up to Wendels Chamber to get their debrief. Wendel sits in his royal chair awaiting the two to approach him.

"What's up Wendel?! Wheres the party?" Nathan said with smile.

"Not today Nathan...keep the jokes to a minimum today." Wendel said annoyed. "I admire you're attempt to spark things up here but save that for another day. Not this day..." Wendel said grimly. "Otherwise, good tidings to you and you as well Kalina. I imagine the third guest will be here soon enough. At least you two are on time fashionably well." Wendel said with a small grin.

"Thank you Chief Wendel!" Kalina said while Nathan stared at her with a dunce-like expression toward her.

"Kalina...man you gotta keep that down in here. He's Great Chieftain and things but lets keep that inner grunt obsession on the low alright?" Nathan joked.

"NATHAN! THATS NOT EVEN REMOTELY FUNNY!" Kalina began to yell at Nathan.

" Haha...(sigh)" Wendel laughed slightly. "Despite what I just said Nathan...you still manage to try and sneak another joke in. I'll admit you got me there but really....enough for now." The mission I'm sending you three is quite the mission indeed. If it were up to me I'd sent a veteran along with you but it would only arouse suspicion of you. To put this simply without furthering my irritation...I'm send the three of you to Fortunica for an investigation...via smuggling." Wendel said trying to be quiet.

"WHAT?! Thats awesome!!" Nathan said in unison with Kalina.
"WHAT?! Thats insane!!" Kalina said in unison with Nathan. "Wendel...I...I mean, while I've always wanted to go and see Fortunica, it might be if-

"You do as you're told and get on that boat to Fortunica? Oh yes, that is quite the best course of action Kalina." Wendel mocked Kalina. "I understand what you're thinking...sending you there knowing the danger it puts you three in. yes, I'm quite aware of it but no one else fits this mission but you three. While I'm hesitant of sending Nathan because of his "charming personality", he would be perfect for the job for his fighting and surprising wits. I don't enjoy this just as much as you do but with the barrier up, there is no other option. Our magic can't breach it, not even Shersas can and she is the most proficient with it. Nonetheless...I've prepared the credentials you'll need to get on. Keep these with you at all times until you're gotten some Intel for me. With your credentials I've given you these ear muffs in case its gets cold. Within these ear muffs is a tracker which will keep me updated on where you all are. Its not metal so you won't have to worry about any kind of detectors going off. Find the church, try to talk to the one in charge or some of his closest colleagues but see what you can do. For the love of everything holy in this place do NOT blow your cover. Not only will you three be going to Fortunica as a group but there will be no backup. If something were to happen or you'd get captured I will have to devise a strategy to get you off and I cannot tell you how long it will take. Nathan...this is ESPECIALLY to you. You have a tendency to negotiate with your fists, and the last thing we need is to ruin our "Savage reputation" further. I have no one else to trust with this except you all...I'm certain this will end positively." Wendel says as he gives them their equipment.

"I....I...don't know what to say..." Kalina says in shock.

"Hey....Kalina. Take it easy...just breathe, take the equipment. We've got this all under control."  Nathan says confidently.

"This is why I have you around...despite the rebel in you, you have a intriguing amount of leadership too. Color me impressed Nathan. Now...I have one final question...where is the 3rd guest for this mission? I usually have a good amount of patience but I haven't had my wine nor my "guests" specifically for this moment and its delaying further...Where is she?" Wendel begins to pace around.

"She huh?" Nathan said. Kalina is a handful on her own, another one....I guess we'll just have to see.

"What Nathan? Can't handle two girls?" Kalina mocked Nathan.

"Hah, I can handle it. Especially you when it comes to fight." Nathan grinned at her.

"I'm gonna beat you down one day, you'll see." Kalina said. "I guess lets wait a little bit for the other girl to come." Nathan and the others wait in the Chamber for the mystery guest.

Bacon'N'grits
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Turret Slayer!!! on Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:08 pm

Grados-Fortunica Boundary 9:48 GST

"Now that I think about it, this is our first time going offworld, isn't it.  Pretty bizarre, huh?" said Weiss leaning back in his seat.

"No kidding." said Franz, "The idea that we can just travel to other worlds like this, it's simply amazing."  Franz looked out the window into the empty space the ship now occupied.  "Like something out of a science fiction novel."

"Got that right.  What do you think Fortunica's like?"  asked Weiss.

"Probably like Grados, but with magic.  Well...real magic." replied Franz looking down at their luggage, "I wonder if I can learn anything about it."

"Dunno.  You seem like a smart enough guy to figure something out," said Weiss placing his hands behind his head, "Just don't get too caught up in your little side project."

"I know, I know."

RP Mod

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 10492
Charm : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK on Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:04 pm

"No luck Roy?" Atlas said, hunched over, deep in his drink. His fellow mercenary sat next to him at the bar.

"Nah. Nothing worth the time anyway. Bert and Christoph got something good." He laughed as he ordered his own ale. "Hey, get this. Christoph is going to Di Yu."

"That rathole?" Atlas scoffed. "Can't wait till the day we take the provinces back. You'd think that the leaders of Erepus would put their egos aside long enough to take back what that buzzard took."

"Lotsa mercenary work to be had if a war breaks out. Here's to that." Roy raised his drink, Atlas clicked it and the two shared a toast. "Till that happens though, we're stuck being broke."

"Well, I'm not broke." Atlas responded. "Money I have. I'm looking for something else."

"Yeah. I getcha. A nice ol lass."

"What? Oh. No. That's not what I meant." He shook his head. "If only it was that simple."

"Something else, eh? I won't pry." Roy shrugged. The two shared their drink in silence, for a time. "Well, you know. If you're just looking for work, for whatever your reason, you could try Fortunica. Those nobles are always looking for bodyguards and the like. Hell, if they're anything like Gradosians, they probably have gladiator fights too."

"I don't want to be a bodyguard for some spoiled noble. And I've met gladiator types. I ain't one of them. Nor do I want to be."

"Picky picky." Roy shook his head, taking another drink. "One thing's for sure though. You're not getting any work here bud. Not a whole lot of Gradosians can handle the climate change from here to Fortunica. You're a sturdy guy. And," He knocked on the sarcophagus, it gave off a slight echo. "a guardian angel, no?"

"Don't do that Roy." Atlas scowled.

"Aw, come on, tell me what's inside there! We've know each other for a while now." He messed around. "Long enough to know how to push your buttons."

"It's your mother. I let her out at night so I can-"

"Alright, alright. Take it easy." Roy chuckled. "Seriously though man, think about Fortunica. If only to take some competition from me." He finished up his drink. "Well that's it for me, I'm out." He began to get up from his seat.

"Hang on." Atlas put his hand on Roy's shoulder, stopping him. "I'm gonna need you. Oi!" He called across the bar, pointing at one of the patrons. "You've been giving me a stink-eye all night!" He grabbed Roy's mug and threw it at the man, hitting him square in the nose. The man yelped, and two of his friends got up, approaching him. "Just the three, you can go Roy." He patted him on the back.

"Yeah, I'm not sticking around." With that, Roy ducked out. The two men quickly approached Atlas, sending the tavern into an uproar, followed by their friend, now bleeding from his nose.

"Tell you what boys, if I can't beat you all senseless in under three minutes, I'mma do some traveling!" Atlas began swinging his fists at the men, the bar erupting into cheers and shouts.

Grados, Vielstrum 6:27pm GST

RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 19492
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:48 pm

"Wha... wait! Hey!" Jiao-rong is taken aback but he quickly recovers. He pulls out his pistol and holds it against the old man's head.
"Chill the hell out old man! You're not in prison, but you'll be going somewhere much worse if I don't get some answers. Who the hell are you? And more importantly where's my treasure?"

Back to top Go down

Post by FuraidoRaisu on Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:56 pm

Chao just barely finishes his babbling before feeling the barrel against his temple and hearing the click of the pistol being cocked.
"Treasure?", he says to the now enraged young man. "PFFFT. The only thing in that chest was a bunch 'a shiny rocks. Stuff's worth less than the box I found it in. Honestly, kid, I think I'm doing you a favor. From the looks of things, I'd say you're traveling. All that nonsense woulda just slowed you down."

He gently pushes the gun aside. "And I need to chill out? I'm not the one with a gun against an old man's head. Now put that thing away before you put someone's eye out. Damn kids these days sassafrassin' grumble gramble..."

Chao, now seemingly oblivious to the man who, two seconds ago, was holding a gun to his head, takes a quick look around the room and then nonchalantly walks over to the window and opens it.

"Now let's just get a quick look at where we... are...
... I recognize none of this."

The old man takes a deep breath through his nose, taking in as much air as he can.
"SNIFFFFFFFF... Huh. That's new. Say, boy, where are we, Erepus? This is Erepus, isn't it? What part of Erepus is this?"
FuraidoRaisu
Replica
Replica

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophie on Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:03 am

Wendel's Fortress, Kaigor. Ferridan 8:45 AM FST

At least the guard didn't chastise me for being late. Wonder what this task is all about? is what Aomora thought as she was sprinting towards the doorway leading to Wendel's chambers.

Well, time to find out. as she pushes the door open and steps inside Wendel's chamber.

Sophie
Huma
Huma

Grade : 3272
Charm : 9
Location : Wandering around after a battle (Only few truely know).

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game on Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:17 am

Leo looked on both his sides as he stuck his face out of a bush he was hiding in. "Its clear you guys." he said to Cecilia and Lorenzo who were also hiding with him. Sylph uncloaked herself from being in spirit form and pouted at the three.

"We told you three how dangerous the heart of the Zelur forest is! What made you think you could just trudge in here without a strategy!?" Sylph screamed at the three.

"I think you may want to lower your voice or you'll bring more monsters quicker than these kids would." Efreet said covering Sylph's mouth.

"Sorry. But I promised Lorenzo that we'd get some Daybreak stones. That and the light could possibly be hiding in the heart of this forest, so it involves both tasks I need to take care of." Leo said apologetically as he winced. "Nrk! One of the imps nicked my arm when we were escaping from the horde of them it seems." he said noticing a tear in his sleeve with some blood under it.

Deep inside of the Zelur Forest: 11:40 FtST

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next