Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fire Emblem 9 Thread

+5
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Tatsuya
Rozencrutz
Kilvas
The Universe
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fire Emblem 9 Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire Emblem 9 Thread

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:00 pm

*Gnaws on the bones of Sothe.*
Eh? Someone mention me?
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21626
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:25 pm

IMO, the only thing Sothe really had going for him was his looks. And that's not saying much. He's good at first, but only because he's the Jeigan. I hate having to bring him in the tower...
AND ENA. GRRRRRR ENA.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 17791
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:31 pm

I actually enjoy using Ena sometimes. That may be because I cheated the system and managed to get the bonus in all stats with her AND Nasir, (As well as Naesala and Tibarn too for that matter) but I can sometimes manage to get her STR to cap with some effort. And if you abuse Dheginsea, she can get her weapon level to increase, thus making her slow, but somewhat powerful.

So Ena's problem is her STR. But you know what? AT LEAST SHE CAN IMPROVE. SLOTHE IS FUCKING STUCK AT 28, AND HAS THE WEAKEST WEAPONS OF ANY OTHER TYPE IN THE GAME.

So, Ena, though rare, is possible to get stronger. Slothe on the other hand, is a FUCKING CRIPPLE.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:49 pm

Eh, I just think a STR dragon that comes with better MAG is just, bleh. And she's emo. :x

Sanaki is also a forced unit I didn't like.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by The Universe Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:01 am

Princess Pichu wrote:Eh, I just think a STR dragon that comes with better MAG is just, bleh. And she's emo. :x

Sanaki is also a forced unit I didn't like.

Sanaki was epic only cause I liked her character.

Ena's a bitch.

Kurth was awesome.
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Grade : 8281
Charm : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:05 am

Kurth is too pussy.

Sanaki is too pissy.

Ena is too Eh

Slothe is fucking worthless. Every time we go through that scene, I hopethe game glitches and Ulki doesn't catch him. That's about the time he becomes completely useless anyway.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:08 am

KURTH IS AWESOME. ❤

Lol, I dunno what part of the game you're talking about...

Gawd I need to play FE...D:
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Fox of Fire Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:24 am

Mufasa wrote:I actually enjoy using Ena sometimes. That may be because I cheated the system and managed to get the bonus in all stats with her AND Nasir, (As well as Naesala and Tibarn too for that matter) but I can sometimes manage to get her STR to cap with some effort. And if you abuse Dheginsea, she can get her weapon level to increase, thus making her slow, but somewhat powerful.

So Ena's problem is her STR. But you know what? AT LEAST SHE CAN IMPROVE. SLOTHE IS FUCKING STUCK AT 28, AND HAS THE WEAKEST WEAPONS OF ANY OTHER TYPE IN THE GAME.

So, Ena, though rare, is possible to get stronger. Slothe on the other hand, is a FUCKING CRIPPLE.
Only someone like you would actually take 4 hours to train one character for two more maps.

And guess what? Ena could reach her average Str, get S strike, and still only tie Sothe in power (unless he's still supporting Micaiah, then he wins). And Ena doesn't double anything except other Dragons. Any more power for Ena and I could have already beaten the game, so screw her.

I'll do this every time you try to tell anyone Sothe sucks. You'll never win. :twisted:
Red Fox of Fire
Red Fox of Fire
Replica
Replica

Grade : 5395
Charm : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:44 am

Laguz weapons go up to SS.....

And I will never back down on my hatred for Slothe. He's just above Pistachio Ice Cream, and just below Lewis Black for me.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Fox of Fire Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:51 am

Mufasa wrote:Laguz weapons go up to SS.....

And I will never back down on my hatred for Slothe. He's just above Pistachio Ice Cream, and just below Lewis Black for me.
That's why I had that "any more power" bit in there.
Red Fox of Fire
Red Fox of Fire
Replica
Replica

Back to top Go down

Post by The Universe Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:59 am

Mufasa wrote:Laguz weapons go up to SS.....

Fire Emblem 9 Thread - Page 2 Wayne_brady

[My 2 Cents]Anyway, Sothe is far from a bad unit, not the best, but far from bad.[/My 2 Cents]
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:53 am

Basically its all with your preference of characters, personally, Sothe was a meh unit for me, I used him but not that much.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12438
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatsuya Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:30 pm

Well getting back to FE9 *holds up frost shield*, I started it up again SINCE MY COMPUTER KEYBOARD IS BLOWN HALFWAY TO ASGARD, AND I HAVE TO USE MY WII'S POINT AND FUCKING CLICK. AND I CAN'T EVEN WATCH FUCKING PHANTOM.

I continued my last PT (17 3/4). This was my first time using Zihark (don't care if right). He didn't disappoint
Tatsuya
Tatsuya
Exodus

Grade : 7663
Charm : 141

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:52 pm

Sothe was incredibly useful for me in the beginning because he was the only DB unit that would last a couple hits (all because I transferred awesome stats from FE9)

When it comes to the rest of the game, he's mediocre at best.

And keep in mind that I actually like using him :/
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Grade : 8626
Charm : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by The Universe Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:22 am

Anyone else used AR codes to promote Sothe in PoR?
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

I could theoretically, however the code is pretty long, and I think it would make it impossible to transfer. Since he's not supposed to be that good. (And he isn't.)

Still, with the endless stat boosters and BEXP that I had, I managed to get everyone capped in everything, and using the recruit enemy hack, I got Ena, Nasir, Naesala, and Tibarn all on my side. I would have gotten Gifca too, but it would have been a pretty big pain to find a way to do so without recruiting multiple copies of other characters or recruiting generic faceless faggots.

So I have the theoretically best Sothe start. And I still think he sucks. What does that tell ya? (That I'm completely insane, I bet.)

If Movement had transfered as well, I porbably would have a different take on Sothe. Cause then he'd be able to move 20 spaces each turn. Would have been pretty impressive. Sadly he didn't. So I still hate him.

On my current playthrough, Meg is more useful than he is.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Universe Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:48 pm

Mufasa wrote:I could theoretically, however the code is pretty long, and I think it would make it impossible to transfer. Since he's not supposed to be that good. (And he isn't.)

Still, with the endless stat boosters and BEXP that I had, I managed to get everyone capped in everything, and using the recruit enemy hack, I got Ena, Nasir, Naesala, and Tibarn all on my side. I would have gotten Gifca too, but it would have been a pretty big pain to find a way to do so without recruiting multiple copies of other characters or recruiting generic faceless faggots.

So I have the theoretically best Sothe start. And I still think he sucks. What does that tell ya? (That I'm completely insane, I bet.)

If Movement had transfered as well, I porbably would have a different take on Sothe. Cause then he'd be able to move 20 spaces each turn. Would have been pretty impressive. Sadly he didn't. So I still hate him.

So you baby weak units, leave Sothe off your team, and expect him to cap better then fucking Volke?
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:36 pm

TLS (FULL OF JUSTICE) wrote:
Mufasa wrote:I could theoretically, however the code is pretty long, and I think it would make it impossible to transfer. Since he's not supposed to be that good. (And he isn't.)

So you baby weak units, leave Sothe off your team, and expect him to cap better then fucking Volke?
Well for one, my Slothe has the hax data transfer, so he's capped in everything cept SPD, STR, and SKL. Which of course it takes forever to get him to cap SPD, cause his growth in that area is really low for the type of unit he is.

And even despite that, he still has trouble capping everything by the end, and even if he does, which I usually force him to cap everything, he's still no more useful than he was in the beginning of part 3 because of his shitty STR. I COULD give him adept, or dragonfoe, and the skills do the work for the little bitch.

And yes. I baby certain units. For about a chapter or two. Then they're usually able to stand on their own. And even if they don't, it usually helps to pair them up with someone. For example, with Meg, I have her in front for a while, and Micaiah behind her, healing her every turn, and then Laura behind Micaiah, healing Micaiah. When Meg is able to stand on her own, she has good def, but average str. So I have her in front again, and Leonardo behind her, finishing off those that she cannot.

Slothe however, I have to baby throughout the entire fucking game after the first part.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatsuya Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:43 am

Well since I have 5 days to burn I'm gonna do another Hard mode PT. Which will be filled with random swearing at crows.

Here's my top 5 kill list from my last PT

5. Jill
4. Titania
3. Oscar
2. Ike
1. Nephenne (spelling?)
Tatsuya
Tatsuya
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Fox of Fire Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:01 am

Mufasa wrote:On my current playthrough, I babied Meg a lot and kept Sothe away from everything so Meg was theoretically more "useful" than Sothe despite the fact that she only ended up where Sothe started in the first place. Or probably worse.
Fix'd.

My God, Lyle, your hatred for Sothe is bordering on obsessive. I hate Asa Shigure from Shuffle! with a burning passion, but you probably didn't even know that, did you?

And yes. I baby certain units. For about a chapter or two. Then they're usually able to stand on their own. And even if they don't, it usually helps to pair them up with someone. For example, with Meg, I have her in front for a while, and Micaiah behind her, healing her every turn, and then Laura behind Micaiah, healing Micaiah. When Meg is able to stand on her own, she has good def, but average str. So I have her in front again, and Leonardo behind her, finishing off those that she cannot.
You know what makes Sothe good in a scenario like this? The fact that he can just jump in and kill everything without requiring the aid of anyone. Because he's awesome like that. He wouldn't need two backliners to heal and help him finish the job, he's just like "Fuck you, enemies" and cuts throats for a while.
Red Fox of Fire
Red Fox of Fire
Replica
Replica

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:35 am

Except he can't kill anyone cause his STR is low, his SPD growth is fairly low, and his weapons are the weakest type in the game.

I have to baby Meg for a few chapters at the beginning. And having healers behind them helps everyone to grow in the end, so it benefits three units for the price of one enemy. Even if Slothe COULD kill everyone, then he'd be taking all the experience from all those kills away from the rest of the DB, all of whom desperately need it in the first few chapters. Plus I end up babying Slohe for the entire rest of the game after the river crossing chapter. That might be my fault for barely using him, but with virtually no benefit in the end, why should I care?

Plus, there's a sense of accomplishment for making Meg, and otherwise shit unit, into a great unit. Slothe however gets worse as the game goes on, so there's no cathartic feeling from that.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatsuya Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:45 pm

Well I'm back to the nazi chapter of PoR HM (12). I just hope it goes better this time. Right now, Boyd is an axe tank, Oscar can't hit shit (7 Skill), Illyana and Soren are still fighting over my mage spot, Rolf is doing okay, and Ike is good.
Tatsuya
Tatsuya
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Fox of Fire Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:29 pm

Mufasa wrote:Except he can't kill anyone cause his STR is low, his SPD growth is fairly low, and his weapons are the weakest type in the game.
Wtf? He can kill a hell of a lot more than Meg can, that's for sure. You not using him doesn't mean he can't do it.

I have to baby Meg for a few chapters at the beginning. And having healers behind them helps everyone to grow in the end, so it benefits three units for the price of one enemy. Even if Slothe COULD kill everyone, then he'd be taking all the experience from all those kills away from the rest of the DB, all of whom desperately need it in the first few chapters.
The point is that Sothe can kill everything and make the entire part of the game so trivial.

Plus I end up babying Slohe for the entire rest of the game after the river crossing chapter. That might be my fault for barely using him, but with virtually no benefit in the end, why should I care?
I can say the exact same thing about Meg. Meg starts shit and due to her caps and growths, ends shit.

Plus, there's a sense of accomplishment for making Meg, and otherwise shit unit, into a great unit. Slothe however gets worse as the game goes on, so there's no cathartic feeling from that.
There's also a sense of accomplishment in beating the game. Sothe is a hell of a lot better at helping me do that.
Red Fox of Fire
Red Fox of Fire
Replica
Replica

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatsuya Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:16 am

Okay, I'm at chapter 16, on PoR HM. I have more units than I can use. So out of these match ups which of the two or three should I use.
Ilyana (lvl 11, 2 STR, 11 MAG, 10 SPD, 3 DEF) or Soren (lvl 13, 0 STR, 13 MAG, 11 SPD, 3 DEF)
Jill (lvl 14, 12 STR, 11 SPD, 13 DEF) or Marcia (lvl 12, 12 STR, 16 SPD, 8 DEF)
Astrid (lvl 9 10 STR, 12 SPD, 8 DEF [with Kinght Ward]) or Rolf (lvl 12, 9 STR, 9 SPD, 8 DEF)
Tatsuya
Tatsuya
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Oguma Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:00 am

yoyoyo

Im on chapter 9 of my second playthrough, ( I dont really play it that much)

and I didnt recruit Ilyana. lulz.

Oguma
Angel
Angel

Grade : 5648
Charm : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next