Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your avatar/signature: what's up with them

+13
Fondos Aquila
Emerald Jealousy
Creeping Shadow
Rozencrutz
Tatsuya
MattLocke
The Universe
Nightmare
Toriko
Kilvas
Rise: The Game
Grunge Hamster
SHSL Gang Leader
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Your avatar/signature: what's up with them Empty Your avatar/signature: what's up with them

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Fri May 21, 2010 6:09 am

A lot of people have weird avatars and signatures that I don't understand sometimes.
So, you may as well explain what yours are and why you picked them in this thread here.
As for mine:

I picked this avatar (Putt-Putt kissing a trophy) because that picture and everything about it is completely wrong/hilarious.
Throughout he whole game you get told "ITS NOT WHETHER YOU WIN OR LOSE, ITS HOW YOU RACE AROUND THE TRACK", the message being that losing is okay as long as you tried your best and had fun! Hooray for positive messages
And then Putt-Putt wins and makes out with his trophy for like, an hour!
What the hell is the message supposed to be now?!?
"It's O.K. to lose. But winning is FUCKING INCREDIBLE AWWWWW YEEEAAAHHHHHHH"
And I just love irony so there's my avatar.

I picked this signature (uh I don't think I can describe it. I'll post it here later) because I find POKEY THE PENGUIN! and related things to be really funny.
I like using avatars/sigs that make me feel better when I see them, and one way to pull that off is if it's something I think is funny.

The thing in between the panels is the name of a stage from BlazBlue, which appears before a fight starts. I'm using it because I love BlazBlue obviously.
Yet another one of the thousands of things I like about the game is these quotes, which have basically nothing to do with anything in-game, but they sure look important!
That quote ("He who hurts another hurts himself") doesn't sound true at all, but I like the idea behind it.
Also it is true if you're me. And I am.

I split the comic into two parts to make it look like there's a missing panel between the two (There is, actually).
I put way too much thought into making sure my signatures look good. I usually have mine centered because that gives it a more...symmetrical look.

YOU SEEM TENSE! WHY NOT RELAX WITH A CIGARETTE?
WELCOME TO FLAVOR COUNTRY!
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12678
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

Your avatar/signature: what's up with them Empty Re: Your avatar/signature: what's up with them

Post by Grunge Hamster Fri May 21, 2010 8:50 am

Uh I doubt theres any confusion about mine, but it's not even 9am and I'm already bored. That's a picture of Red obviously. I always name my character that, and eventually picked up the nickname IRL. I liked it so I stick with it. The Trainer card was made on Paint w/ copy pasted sprites. And the sig is the rules for cowards I found in a book. Self explanatory, but yeah. The only thing I've done that might've confused was my last sig, "Ogiue Chika is mah wife!" That's a line from the special chapter of Genshiken when Ogiue starts her first year as club president.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Grade : 10080
Charm : 154

Back to top Go down

Your avatar/signature: what's up with them Empty Re: Your avatar/signature: what's up with them

Post by Rise: The Game Fri May 21, 2010 11:24 am

Its asbel from tales of graces. Cuz its one of my top three favorites, and despite all the shit he takes up the ass through the entire game, he still remains cool, and thats awesome so he's my favorite character. That and the guy deserves a fan, he's got nothin else goin for him besides his badass suit, badass skills and hot bitches.
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29911
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Fri May 21, 2010 12:24 pm

I made the Hinata avi and sigs cuz name, And Crow sig, cuz blackwings are awesome, and Crow = heart
Kilvas
Kilvas

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 17813
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Fri May 21, 2010 1:26 pm

I have them cuz my name as well, Ageha is from a manga and no anime called psyren if you haven't figured it out yet. The signature is him and little kids he sorta learned from and then overtook them as well as becoming great friends. The girl with the short mini skirt ( heart ) has a major crush on him which is awesome.
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Hearts
Grade : 7861
Charm : -221

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/firesword219

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Fri May 21, 2010 2:58 pm

wink
Ageha Yoshina wrote:The girl with the short mini skirt ( heart ) has a major crush on him which is awesome.
Plus she's got a huge rack when they meet her in the future. wink
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sun May 23, 2010 6:04 am

Today I'm probably going to be getting Super Mario Galaxy 2.
So if I go offline for week, that doesn't mean I'm dead, okay?

So I'm changing my setup to Mario related things.
The stupidest ones I can find, obviously.
(I tried changing my name to "Mr. Gay" but it was prohibited!! Damn)

I'm dedicating this change in part to the great Captain Lou Albano. RIP Lou

YOU GO TO HELL BEFORE YOU DIE

Also, because this seems like a good enough place to ask, what's with this Carly person in Kilvas' sig/avatar? She's kind of cute
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Sun May 23, 2010 11:26 am

New avi and sig cuz name change. Just some girl from 5Ds, No one probably cares, but since I started using Fortune ladies, I figured I'd change my name and stuff to her, since she uses them too.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Sun May 23, 2010 2:34 pm

You play Yu-gi-oh? I tried my hand at it in 11th grade, and ran Crystal Beasts(I like shiny things). I quit 'cause the people I played with graduated ahead of me, plus it was EXPENSIVE. So what does the banned list look like these days? It seemed like as soon as a winning strategy was found they would ban it or make it obsolete with new packs.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Sun May 23, 2010 5:10 pm

My signature died, but my avatar is Toki from Hokuto no Ken. He is the greatest kung fu master the world has ever known, and an exceptionally good person. Merciful, benevolent, calm and kind, he's everything you'd expect Jesus to be. Even in looks.

That's why he's called the Kung Fu Jesus.
Nightmare
Nightmare
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Grade : 6442
Charm : 214

http://www.pingas.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Sun May 23, 2010 6:15 pm

PokeTrainer RED wrote:You play Yu-gi-oh? I tried my hand at it in 11th grade, and ran Crystal Beasts(I like shiny things). I quit 'cause the people I played with graduated ahead of me, plus it was EXPENSIVE. So what does the banned list look like these days? It seemed like as soon as a winning strategy was found they would ban it or make it obsolete with new packs.
Lol, yeah I play YGO. I run Blackwings, D.D., Burn, Destiny Board, and 2 fake decks IRL. Lol. And Fortune Ladies in the DS game, soon to be Gravekeeps too.
Here's the current ban list:
http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/
RED EYES DARKNESS METAL AND BRIONAC NEED TO BE BAAAANNNNNED D:
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by The Universe Sun May 23, 2010 10:52 pm

Sig cause random MSN Chats/No More Heroes
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Grade : 8303
Charm : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sun May 23, 2010 11:15 pm

Catbread wrote:

Also, because this seems like a good enough place to ask, what's with this Carly person in Kilvas' sig/avatar? She's kind of cute

Catbread wrote: She's kind of cute

What.

WHAT.

WHAT!?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sun May 23, 2010 11:17 pm

Hey I put a line through that!
That means you aren't allowed to read it
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sun May 23, 2010 11:17 pm

Catbread wrote:Hey I put a line through that!
That means you aren't allowed to read it

im not even kidding, i read this at like 6 am before going to work off of like 4 hours of sleep and thought i was seeing things.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Sun May 23, 2010 11:20 pm

.__.
Geez why do people think she's cute. I don't get it.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sun May 23, 2010 11:28 pm

Carly Carmine wrote:.__.

Long black hair.
Glasses.

Done deal.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Universe Sun May 23, 2010 11:29 pm

Asbel Lhant wrote:
Carly Carmine wrote:.__.

Long black hair.
Glasses.

Done deal.

Seconded.

Just sayin'
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Grade : 8303
Charm : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Sun May 23, 2010 11:33 pm

Ah, I thought it was her bust in the avi or somethin'. Lol. << >>

Huh, I thought guys didn't like glasses. yayz :'D *wears glasses*
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sun May 23, 2010 11:36 pm

Carly Carmine wrote:Ah, I thought it was her bust in the avi or somethin'. Lol. << >>

Huh, I thought guys didn't like glasses. yayz :'D *wears glasses*

Glasses are like, the greatest accessory a girl can wear Very Happy

Also im not too much of a "RRRGHHH BUST" guy. It depends on the girl. Some are perfect with small measurements, and some are awesome with larger ones. (but too big like tsunades and matsumotos are just sickening)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Sun May 23, 2010 11:41 pm

Yayz, now I'm not as self-concious (I know I spelled that wrong) about my glasses. :D

o i c
I learned something then. Lol.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sun May 23, 2010 11:43 pm

Yus. Its not about the part, its about the woman. Different shapes/sizes/colors work with different women Very Happy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Mon May 24, 2010 11:39 am

true it's why I can't call my self a true parts lover. Some parts work better in combinations making up for less than perfect shaping. but long black hair is always the first thing i look for.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:06 am

Now my avatar is David Bowie as Jareth the Goblin King from Labyrinth. He is so fabulous and awesome in that movie I don't even understand how.

I have a matching sig too but I'm too lazy to put it up.
Nightmare
Nightmare
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Grade : 6442
Charm : 214

http://www.pingas.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MattLocke Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:08 pm

Uh I have no fucking clue let me edit this post in a sec when I know what my ava-sig are.

EDIT: The avatar is self-explanatory. It's Naruto and Sakura, Sakura appears to be holding a lunch and Naruto is waving her down. I picked it because I admired the artist who drew it so much, their skill easily surpassing even Masashi Kishimoto. EVEN THOUGH NARUTO AND HINATA IS A MUCH BETTER PAIRING AND SAKURA SHOULD BE WITH SAI, BECAUSE HINATA HAS A DAMNED REASON TO LIKE NARUTO!

The Signature has separate reasons for being what it is, though it is only 4 quotes.

Quote 1: I just had to know. I mean Night is clearly too awesome to be one of us but being Jesus Christ, or a 5-dimensional being, was just superfluous.

Quote two: I don't remember who we were talking about there--some manga translator for Nightmare, or something. But Nightmare saying he wanted to kill someone just had to be preserved.

Quote three: Wist. Nuff said.

Quote four: TLS was having a mental breakdown and it was golden.

---

btw glasses are really, really adorable 8]

also it's spelled conscious

Also Bowie-sensei-sama-senpia-sama-kun

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: (I know, I used too many freaking edits)

Disregard that first part about the avatar. It's now Hinata and Naruto doing some kind of weird fighting poses, and apparently Hinata's a birdy. Whatever~ I would have preferred something cuter but the uber manly TLS prevented my girly avatars from entering the site. Of course I change every couple weeks so I might bring a cuter one in. The reason btw is that I love Hinata.
MattLocke
MattLocke
Grand Cardinal
Grand Cardinal

Grade : 5587
Charm : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next