Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sengoku Basara RP?

+4
Grunge Hamster
usogami
Saaya Agata
Rise: The Game
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sengoku Basara RP? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sengoku Basara RP?

Post by Xanxus Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:04 pm

Yeah hes not that op and it also puts him at a disadvatage. He can only use one at a time. he has to put his bow away to use another weapon. And i was going to give him just bow and arrows with a element but i wasnt sure if it was a loud. And if u dont want charas like mine you need guidelines. I didnt this based on limited knoewledge :/ And hes mostly a archer hes not that good with the other two weapons.
Xanxus
Xanxus
Angel
Angel

Grade : 5236
Charm : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Wei Phoenix Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:19 pm

Well in all fairness to Grump he did say that he was working on the CCS guidelines and he didn't really tell anyone to go ahead and post a character.

In fairness to you, you did take the initiative and that showed your interest in the rp. I'm sure Grump is aware that he needs guidelines which is something he said he's working on, and something I'm willing to help him work on if he wants. Your character isn't overpowered at all to be honest when compared to Basara characters, all he is so far is a soldier with a few weapons.

Wei Phoenix
Replica
Replica

Grade : 4906

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanxus Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:38 pm

:P And there thousands of other weapons that I could have used but i didnt.
Xanxus
Xanxus
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:43 pm

Hm, well I didnt think we were actually going for the whole over the top "Turn into colored lights and rape the hell out of everything with little effort" thing from the anime. But if we are, then its whatever. And yeah I know Hideyoshi eats just about EVERYTHING for breakfast lol. I just thought we were going for a more.......mortal approach to the rp. EVERYONE is god in Basara. Either god or utter garbage XD
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29911
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanxus Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:51 pm

Lawl, im cool with that.
Xanxus
Xanxus
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:55 pm

Also, just wondering, is anyone interested in having multiple characters outside of Myself and Phoenix?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wei Phoenix Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:57 pm

Well we may as well make this a Samurai Warriors rp if we're not going to be over the top, wild and eccentric. It's one of the reasons why Basara is a success as a game and anime. If we go the mortal approach and no one's superhuman then Hideyoshi and Ieyasu are going to get horribly owned and killed. Wouldn't Tadakatsu need to be redone as well? A wise man once said that when everyone's super, no one will be.

Wei Phoenix
Replica
Replica

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanxus Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:28 pm

I will be making another chara for the Tokugawa. And i own samurai warriors 3 so i know my limits there. I plan on makeing my new chara later like after the rp gets done alittle and have her as a new ally when they are in trouble.
Xanxus
Xanxus
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Turret Slayer!!! Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:43 pm

I wouldn't exactly call Syndrome wise, but I can understand where you're coming from. However I was kind of hoping for a feel more like the games, where everyone was clearly super human but not as much as the anime. We'd still be leagues above normal soldiers and common generals but not to the extent of the anime. To be honest I thought that was a flaw in it. For me Basara prides itself on the many diverse styles that each character has, reducing that to "one sword swing = Foe Tossing Charge" and everyone turning into DBZ lights sold the series short (except Shingen's Tonado attack since that's in the games). That's why some of my favorite fights are ones where you can tell that there was actual choreography put into it (the beginning of Masamune vs Motochika, Yukimura vs Tadakatsu, Keiji vs Toshiie). They really showed off all the different styles well in my opinion. Show to set things straight I'm going for a middle ground approach, balancing style with...I don't wanna say "realism" but rather "believability." Take the Hideyoshi vs arrows example: Yes you can do that in game but a) it takes a lot of timing/skill/practice and b) even if you did get it down there's no guarantee that it'll always work, especially if you're fighting other soldiers or your mind is on something else (Kenshin vs Nohime and Ranmaru for example).
Turret Slayer!!!
Turret Slayer!!!
RP Mod
RP Mod

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12648
Charm : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by Wei Phoenix Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:31 pm

Well I don't think it took a lot for Hideyoshi to do it since everyone in the show also has superhuman reflexes. As you know he did it in the game because of his reflexes and strength. I have argued once that their speed in the anime is close if not equivalent to their speed in the game, it doesn't appear to be that way because it would make less sense and be harder to keep up with in the game but Date has been seen in at least the SB2 opening attacking in a similar fast fashion, although him and Yukimura essentially started flying after their initial bout. They've done the glowing light thingy in the games too, well in the openings. Just to clarify though, I'm not arguing or saying that we should do it full anime way, I was just stating my thoughts on how I think the two are pretty equal just animated differently for a few reasons. Not my rp so I'm fine with what you want to do I'll just have to readjust my Date's feats and all.

On a side note, I haven't pm'd you the rp sample because it says I'm not at the high enough level to pm people. Want me to just post it here?

Wei Phoenix
Replica
Replica

Back to top Go down

Post by Turret Slayer!!! Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:36 pm

Wei Phoenix wrote:Well I don't think it took a lot for Hideyoshi to do it since everyone in the show also has superhuman reflexes. As you know he did it in the game because of his reflexes and strength. I have argued once that their speed in the anime is close if not equivalent to their speed in the game, it doesn't appear to be that way because it would make less sense and be harder to keep up with in the game but Date has been seen in at least the SB2 opening attacking in a similar fast fashion, although him and Yukimura essentially started flying after their initial bout. They've done the glowing light thingy in the games too, well in the openings. Just to clarify though, I'm not arguing or saying that we should do it full anime way, I was just stating my thoughts on how I think the two are pretty equal just animated differently for a few reasons. Not my rp so I'm fine with what you want to do I'll just have to readjust my Date's feats and all.
I'm just gonna chalk this up as something that'll be straightened out during the prologue. Basically I wanna use that to see:

1. How our OC's fit in with the world.
  2. How people represent the canon characters.
  3. And how everyone interacts with everyone/thing.

And then I'll adjust the other acts accordingly.

Wei Phoenix wrote:On a side note, I haven't pm'd you the rp sample because it says I'm not at the high enough level to pm people. Want me to just post it here?
That works. Although I question the setup of that place if you have to be at a certain level to message people.
Turret Slayer!!!
Turret Slayer!!!
RP Mod
RP Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:56 pm

^isn't it just one rep to pm? try it now.

Also I aplogize for bringing up the reborn rp earlier, wasn't the place for it sorry.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Grade : 10080
Charm : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Wei Phoenix Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:33 pm

Current date/time is Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:53 pm
Information

You haven't reached the post limit for sending private messages.

That's what I get when I try to pm you on this site.

Final Battle
This is it. The moment of truth. Tomorrow you and your forces will march off for the most pivotal battle of the war. Tensions are high and emotions are heavy. What do you feel? Who do you go to? Your Lord? Your most trusted aid? Or do you simply sit in silence and reflect?

Not my best work, not really used to doing prewar stuff with Date but here it goes.

The one-eyed dragon and Kojuro were the war room with his four other closest vassals. They all sat at attention and listened to their lord's plans for tomorrow's upcoming battle. Kojuro himself had a plan of his own but he would always allow his lord to speak first. Date himself leaned on the wall with his arms crossed and his trademark grin on his face. "Alright guys, listen up. That bastard Matsunaga wants to come to our home and interrupt the fun so we're going to stop him before he gets within a mile of our borders ok?!" The four shouted in agreement with their lord "YEAH!" Just then Kojuro's voice interrupted the early celebrations for he wasn't fully comfortable with his lord's plans against someone of Matsunaga's mettle. "That is exactly what he wants you to do Masamune-Sama. We should fortify our position here at home and fight him on familiar territory." Date wasn't too pleased with this plan, he really wasn't too keen on fighting the enemy so close to home. The one-eyed dragon didn't like the thought of enemies placing one foot in the land of Oshu.

"You're crazy Kojuro." He said in English with a low and cocky tone. Date got off of the wall and addressed his disdain with Kojuro's plan. "That Matsunaga bastard has been provoking me for the longest and I intend to pay him back real soon, "You see? "We're going to charge out and take them head on, bust em' up real good!" Date got a bit serious now, there was a lot riding on tomorrow's battle and he would be sure to repay Matsunaga back for all of his past machinations. "Our backs are going to be against the wall if we fight here, but wall will crumble from the other side. Let Matsunaga lure me out and he'll feel the full fury of the dragon." Kojuro applauded his lord's bravery but he would not let him foolishly waste his life away and fall into Matsunaga's trap. He stood stalwartly before his lord and made a promise to him. "I will watch the rear, I have sworn to always watch your back and tomorrow that is exactly where I will be Masamune-Sama. Trust in me to keep you safe and stay behind our borders. Not one enemy shall step a foot in Oshu so long as I draw breath!" The determination of the right eye could be seen by all and even Date couldn't refuse his friend' offer and for now he would follow the plan and fight on the borders of Oshu, but would he be able to keep his cool if Matsunaga sent him a few taunts? "Ok, are you ready guys?!" His vassals cheered in approval. "YEAH!" "Alright get your sleep on tonight! "Tomorrow we bloody the noses of Matsunaga and his men, keep it cool!"

Wei Phoenix
Replica
Replica

Back to top Go down

Post by Wei Phoenix Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:35 am

Is this still on?

Wei Phoenix
Replica
Replica

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:34 am

Yeah, sorry for the random dead time, Lord Grumpy and I had family stuff to take care of the past few days/holiday stuff going on.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wei Phoenix Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:12 pm

It's ok, I was a little worried that my sample wasn't enough. I can find another good member to join the rp depending on the speed of how you guys rp.

Wei Phoenix
Replica
Replica

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:55 pm

I, personally, like to have RP's go at a decent pace. other than when I go to work, im always on to post since I just carry the laptop around with me.

Also I liked your Speech, specially the "Bloody Matsunaga's nose" part XD
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wei Phoenix Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:56 pm

So does that mean I got the part?! happy

Wei Phoenix
Replica
Replica

Back to top Go down

Post by Turret Slayer!!! Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:52 pm

You do. Unless anyone else wants to send in a piece.
Turret Slayer!!!
Turret Slayer!!!
RP Mod
RP Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Wei Phoenix Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:15 pm

Cool thanks.

Wei Phoenix
Replica
Replica

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:35 pm

I loved it. He'd make a good Masamune. If anyone else here wants control of Tsuruhime then i'll send a speech for her XD

Question, instead of Nagamasa, could I work with Kanbe?

Also Phoenix, did that friend of yours register? I got a email saying two people made accounts
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wei Phoenix Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:17 am

No my friend did not register yet. I haven't told them about this place and their name will more than likely be Etna.

Wei Phoenix
Replica
Replica

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:19 am

Like Disgaea Etna? XD
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wei Phoenix Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:37 am

Yes, she's a bid Disgaea fan, sweet and nice. She's very friendly too. I think she'll come when I ask all she wants is an active RP, she's not asking for 10 posts a day, but a nice pace of maybe 3-5 a day. We both understand that there is life beyond this site and the internet itself so I hope I'm not making anyone sound elitist or special.

Wei Phoenix
Replica
Replica

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:13 am

Not at all. We have points where we'll be on fire and get like, 10~30 posts a day from each member in an RP. We also have our points where we may go a day without any posts, or a day with just two members posting.

On top of the life thing, theres also the conflicting schedules of each specific person's life and timezones for some (no one in the RPs though if i recall, because Lord Grumpy,Red and usogami are my RL friends and im related to moka)

just finished my 1st character btw.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next