Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't think of a name for this RP

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I can't think of a name for this RP Empty I can't think of a name for this RP

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:23 pm

Our story begins in a world similar to our own, in what could be the near future.

Cities are clean, automated, and pollution-free. Most everything is run by computers. While it isn’t a utopia, it is a time of peace and relative comfort for the people.

The port town of Suva, on the northeastern edge of the continent, is about to be the setting for some strange events.
The town itself, though small, is a popular destination for travelers.

Notable locations:
-The port itself, with a long docking runway branching off into smaller ones.
-The town square, with a (somewhat tacky) shiny ornamental fountain in the center, surrounded by buildings.
-The nearby school, Augur University, renowned across the nation. Home of many boarding school students, though people of all ages come to study technology there.

The sun has just risen. It’s the dawn of a new day.

Spoiler:
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12678
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

I can't think of a name for this RP Empty Re: I can't think of a name for this RP

Post by The Monkey King Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:46 pm

Kitao walked out of a small ship that just landed into the port. The apparent captain of the ship started hollering at him, "HEY WHAT ABOUT MY MONEY!?" Kitao laughed and said, "Sorry boss! I forgot." He pulled out a solid gold coin. "Here! Catch!" He flipped it up to him and the captain caught it. He bit into it and said, "Alright this is fine!" Kitao smiled and said, "Thanks for the ride, boss! I really appreciate it!" The captain laughed, "Anytime you need a ride just give me a call! ya hear?!" He pulled out a cell phone and waved it at him, "Yeah, Thanks again, boss!" He turned, put the cell away and did a small salute, "Laters, boss!" The captain scoffed and went back inside. He started walking towards the city, "Well, there goes the last of my money." He sighed.
The Monkey King
The Monkey King
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Grade : 6949
Charm : 147

Back to top Go down

I can't think of a name for this RP Empty Re: I can't think of a name for this RP

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:03 pm

Spoiler:

The dock didn't appear to be especially busy. A light mist was rolling in from the sea.

A hotdog vendor at the side of the dock called out to him.
"Hey, mister! You look awfully hungry. How's about a delicious hot dog, eh?"
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Monkey King Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:15 pm

Spoiler:
He was carrying his broadsword and twin pistols. His pistols were hidden under his coat since they were behind him in their respective holsters. The sword wasn't hidden at all as it was horizontally hanging behind him right under his pistols. He turned to the vendor, "Oh, Hey, guy, I'll take it if you don't expect money in return." He laughed and grinned hopefully.
The Monkey King
The Monkey King
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:18 pm

"Not a problem, not a problem! If you've got something else you're willing to trade, that'd be fine too!" the vendor grinned back.
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Monkey King Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:28 pm

He sat down. Popped off his shoes. Pulled off his socks, Which stank a bit. And showed them to the vendor, "Would these do????" He said half-serious.
The Monkey King
The Monkey King
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:31 pm

The vendor scratched his head and frowned. It looked as though he was thinking carefully.

"I'll give you...three condiment packets for em. Your choice, o'course."
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Monkey King Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:39 pm

He laughed and put an arm around the vendor, "You don't understand boss, These socks were the socks of a famous Bounty Hunter back from my homeland, If you were to sell these here you'd probably get a good amount of money." He lovingly put the socks on the stand and backed off from the vendor, "So, i'd say a hot dog or two for a good hundred's worth of socks is a good trade."
The Monkey King
The Monkey King
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:41 pm

"Got any proof of that claim, friend?" the vendor asked, still grinning. "And I'd appreciate it if you took your smelly socks off of my stand. They're bad for business."
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:31 pm

A tall figure with a black cloak appears in town square standing there for a while. "I wonder if there's any interesting news to be told here. Normally I would check around town, but I think I will start with the port first." The man starts walking towards the port through the alley ways trying not to draw attention towards himself.
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Hearts
Grade : 7861
Charm : -221

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/firesword219

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:43 pm

Spoiler:
A tall, skeletal woman in a black dress appeared to jump out in front of the cloaked man from the alley.
"You! Where are your most intelligent citizens? Where do they gather? Speak!"
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:29 pm

"I do not have any citizens as I do not know where I come from so I can not answer your second question either. Now unless you have any information that can help me I shall be on my way."
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:37 pm

"Hah! Information that can help you..." the woman sighed and shook her head.
"If I can't find your best magicians, or whatever you have, you could all be dead in a few hours. So if you can't help me, then I really must be someplace else right about now."
She walked past him towards the town square.
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:45 pm

The man looks back as she passes, "if she had kept me there any longer I would've had to do something I would not rather do here. Ah so here's the port, I think I will search the pub here for some information."
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:50 pm

There were a few people around the area, but most of them seemed to want to keep their distance from the cloaked man and hurried past him.

Sure enough, there was a pub close to the dock, called the "Toad in the Hole". It was open.

A man stood outside, smoking a cigarette.
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:05 pm

"Pfft! People get scared too easily. I might as well try that pub over there." The man see's a man standing in front but regardless tries to walk in there.
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:16 pm

The pub is a dark sort of place, with shutters over the windows blocking the morning sun.
There are two customers, one asleep (or unconsious?) at a table off in the corner, one at the counter. There is also an small cleaning robot, basically a blue rectangle, cleaning the floor.
The bartender, a balding middle-aged man, is busy with something behind him.
No one seemed to take any notice of the newcomer.
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:24 pm

The man takes a look around then goes up to the bartender and takes a seat. "I'm a newcomer here, is there anything that I should really know about this place?"
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:30 pm

"Huh?" The bartender turned to look at the speaker.
"A newcomer? Well uh...not much here, really. Got the ol' school down south a ways...that's about it.
Well, uh... if you want somethin' more uh...informational...try like, the visitor's center in the square."
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Monkey King Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:49 am

Glus wrote:"Got any proof of that claim, friend?" the vendor asked, still grinning. "And I'd appreciate it if you took your smelly socks off of my stand. They're bad for business."
He grabbed them off the vendor's stand, Turned away and in one motion scrawled his signature on one of them with a pen he had, Since he was referring to himself when he meant 'famous bounty hunter'. He turned around when he was done and said, "Here take a look." He showed him the signature. "The guy even signed them for me!"
The Monkey King
The Monkey King
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:40 pm

"That's not what I meant. Any idiot could write on a pair of socks. I'm talking sealed certificates of authenticity, that sort of thing. Or you could go with the condiments. The deal still stands, y'know."
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Monkey King Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:51 pm

"Hmm..." He said, "I might have them but i don't know what they look like you think you have an extra copy you can give me of those things?" He scratched the back of his head.
The Monkey King
The Monkey King
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:54 pm

The vendor sighed. "I think we're done here. If you're not going to make a purchase could you kindly step aside and allow real customers access to my wares?"
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Monkey King Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:58 pm

He shrugged, "It was just a question you ass... and i've could've made you some hundreds richer... oh well." he started walking off carrying his shoes and socks.
The Monkey King
The Monkey King
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:05 pm

Fortunately there were no rusty nails on the ground. They had all been picked up by robots about thirty minutes ago.

At the end of the dock there were a few small, run-down buildings, including a pub. A man stood outside the pub, smoking a cigarette.

A short figure wearing a dark green jacket walked down the street which led to the town square and entered the pub.
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum