Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The TV Tropes Wiki: How to waste hours of your life

4 posters

Go down

The TV Tropes Wiki: How to waste hours of your life Empty The TV Tropes Wiki: How to waste hours of your life

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:20 am

Here. I use it to kill time, and it has never failed me.

I can't even describe it. Let me see if the main page can...
the main page wrote:This wiki is a catalog of the tricks of the trade for writing fiction. We dip into the cauldron of story, whistle up a hearty spoonful and splosh it in front of you to devour to your heart's content.

Tropes are devices and conventions that a writer can reasonably rely on as being present in the audience members' minds and expectations. On the whole, tropes are not clichés. The word clichéd means "stereotyped and trite." In other words, dull and uninteresting. We are not looking for dull and uninteresting entries. We are here to recognize tropes and play with them, not to make fun of them.
I don't get it. All I know is, if you hit the random button at the top of the page, odds are you will not escape.
The site's famous for trapping people in a forest of tabs. Right now I have four tabs of it open
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12702
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

The TV Tropes Wiki: How to waste hours of your life Empty Re: The TV Tropes Wiki: How to waste hours of your life

Post by The Universe Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:06 am

FFFFFFFFFFFF- TVTropes has Ruined My Life.

It's why I stopped posting here and began using Anviliscious, Xanatos Gambit and Checkov's Gun in normal conversation (and by that I mean began getting strange looks from people.)
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Grade : 8327
Charm : 6

Back to top Go down

The TV Tropes Wiki: How to waste hours of your life Empty Re: The TV Tropes Wiki: How to waste hours of your life

Post by danger Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:27 am

Four? Pah. I've had at least twenty open before.

I'm kind of a regular, troper handle's "Danger" (boring story behind that) and yes, it's ruined my life and vocabulary.

danger
Grand Cardinal
Grand Cardinal

Grade : 5877
Charm : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by The Universe Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:06 pm

Rival Kiryn wrote:Four? Pah. I've had at least twenty open before.

I'm kind of a regular, troper handle's "Danger" (boring story behind that) and yes, it's ruined my life and vocabulary.

I've wasted thirty at a time easy, my handle's toalordsothe because I am so fucking original.
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Grade : 8327
Charm : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by danger Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:18 am

-hangs a lampshade on the thread-

danger
Grand Cardinal
Grand Cardinal

Grade : 5877
Charm : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:47 pm

I never got too addicted to TV Tropes. Maybe the first time, but other times it was just half an hour or something. It gets boring more than that.
Nightmare
Nightmare
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Grade : 6466
Charm : 214

http://www.pingas.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down