Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy XIII: I tried to think of a more interesting name for this thread but could not

5 posters

Go down

Final Fantasy XIII: I tried to think of a more interesting name for this thread but could not Empty Final Fantasy XIII: I tried to think of a more interesting name for this thread but could not

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:55 am

So I found this game somewhere and spent the last few hours playing it.
I don't even know why I got it
I hate a lot of the Final Fantasies so this was a pretty big gamble on my part

IMPORTANT: Nobody spoil it okay
I'm going to try to appreciate the storyline.

Video game storylines usually don't leave an impression on me. I mostly just laugh at them.
On that note, Star Ocean 3 is one of the greatest games of all time (IM SHOT LASERS FROM MY FOREHEAD OH NO I AM A VIDEO GAME)

So I'll be playing a little game with FFXIII here.
It goes like this: If the plot can elicit a noticeable emotional response from me, Square-Enix wins.
Good luck Square you'll need it

So I will follow the storyline closely.
I've cleared Chapter One. Here's what I thought.
By the way I'm about to spoil all of Chapter One okay so watch out
Also this isn't going to be in any way accurate because I'm scatterbrained, tired, and easily bored. Just an fyi

Spoiler:
Oh yeah and by the way
So far the game is pretty damn good

Last edited by Medusa on Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : tpyos)
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12686
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XIII: I tried to think of a more interesting name for this thread but could not Empty Re: Final Fantasy XIII: I tried to think of a more interesting name for this thread but could not

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:14 pm

GODDAMMIT WHAT THE FUCK

This battle system is going to get really confusing really fast.
WHEN DO I SWITCH PHYLACTERIES AND USE CRISIS GAUGE HRRRGGGGHHHHH

AND FUCK YOU SHIVA AND YOUR OBSCURE VICTORY CONDITIONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

But as long as I'm here, I may as well write up more impressions of the story.
This would be chapters 2 and 3

Spoiler:
By the way my official character ranking list goes something like this:

1. Sazh
Basically he's the comic relief, giving him auto #1 position on list. My standards are pretty stupid
But he also contributes more to the actual story than Hope, Vanille, and Lightning put together

2. Snow
Outrageously stupid, but in a cool way. Lots of backstory helps too.
And punching people is uber hardcore

3. Lightning
Does all kinds of crazy awesome tricks but draws the line at actual dialogue.
Still needs to prove that she's not Crossdresser Cloud

4. Vanille
Annoys the hell out of me with her freaky high-pitched voice.
And being light-hearted is fine but there comes a point at which you maybe should be a little serious? Maybe?

5. Hope
EMO FAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
AND YOUR NAME SUCKS

Of course it's still early in the game so my super important opinions can and will change dramatically based on the situation
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XIII: I tried to think of a more interesting name for this thread but could not Empty Re: Final Fantasy XIII: I tried to think of a more interesting name for this thread but could not

Post by Toriko Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:38 pm

Medusa wrote:GODDAMMIT WHAT THE FUCK

This battle system is going to get really confusing really fast.
WHEN DO I SWITCH PHYLACTERIES AND USE CRISIS GAUGE HRRRGGGGHHHHH

AND FUCK YOU SHIVA AND YOUR OBSCURE VICTORY CONDITIONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

the second spoiler is much more of a spoiler than the first so only look if you don't care

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Hearts
Grade : 7869
Charm : -221

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/firesword219

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:00 am

Yeah I'm gonna ignore the second spoiler

But here's something that's mostly unrelated: I'm watching the LP of FFX for inspiration

"I learned if something comes from space, jump into it"
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:55 am

I still haven't even opened the game yet I intend to today.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12468
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:00 pm

I watched Masu play it. Lightining is garbage. Cloud was cool, Lightning is just a bitch.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Grade : 7381
Charm : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:31 pm

Okay I found the glass ceiling for idiots and it's called Odin
FFFFFFF I HATE YOU ODIN

I almost got him, I just need to try different things until one works. But still this guy is a dick

Maka Lover Desu wrote:Cloud was cool, Lightning is just a bitch.
What about the part where she does flips and kills everybody
I thought that was kinda cool
And she hits Snow in the face which is fucking hilarious
C'mooooonnnnnn doesn't that count for something
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:30 am

Lightning is awesome she kicks everybody's ass basically
Spoiler:
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Hearts
Grade : 7869
Charm : -221

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/firesword219

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:04 am

Hmm when I see Lightning I see what would happen if Squall was female and had a kid and Cloud was the father. Unfortunately I see very little character out of her so far.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:50 pm

So, I spent the majority of the day playing this(because no Maplestory). Turns out that the first part of this game(before magic n what not) is extremely boring and long. However, it starts looknig up with the class system and(omg) leveling up! So, in a nutshell, this game is fun.
Only problems I have with it are probably the same as many other FF buffs; linear gameplay. Really, exploration is basically non-existent, and that pisses me off some. and I can't figure out the whole battle rating system, so it pisses me off that my fighting gets me 5 stars at times, then 2 stars another time. If I know what I needed to do(like Tales) it wouldn't piss me off so much... Also, unlike tales I have no choice on what I can do to stop things that would lower the rating, like being hit(OH NOES THE ENEMY IS RUNNING TOWARDS ME! I GUESS I'LL JUST STAND HERE!).
Another thing is the storyline so far. As far as I can see, the storyline is fairly... ummm... thin? I don't know. Basically all i see is "OMFG I HATE L'CIE." "OMFG WE ARE L'CIE" "WHAT DO WE DO?! LETS GO TO RANDOM PLACE" "SAVE COCOOOOOOON". So lacking...
All and all, the game is fun, but not to the level of it's predecessors, FF6 and FF7. Those games immerse you in it, but 13 seems like its a game made for quick, easy fun that anyone can get into. Kinda like Eternal Sonata, but harder(and better).

Oh right, thoughts on characters.
Lightning: Was a bitch, turning into a not so bitch, as expected form a square game. She's hot, and good in bedbattle.

Snow "I'm the main character" Villiers: One of my favorite characters. In any other game, he would be the main character. He's basically a Kamen Raider without the hidden identity. Uses fists, which is awesome. Is a tank, which is awesome. Has a black bean, also awesome. Rides a Vagina motorcycle. Yeah. he rocks.

Katzroy: AKA Sazh. Awesome character, and probably the most realistic. He has a fucking chocobo chick in his hair. and usues DOUBLE PISTOLS. Winner if I ever saw one. Also, he currently has the most Magic power out of my party right now. At the part right before disc two, he was doing 1800 to enemies(albeit with Faith and Stagger and DeShell, that's still ridiculous) in single hits.

Vanille: Originally I wanted to rip out her vocals and smash them, but I've grown used to them. Cutest character in the game, or at least a toss up between her and SERRAAAAAAAAAH! Great partner for Katzroy.

Hope: Slowly evolving from emo fag into Ash Ketchum. He's getting better. Fight-wise, though, he's great.

BTW, I just got to the part where Light gives Hope her knife.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:36 pm

Alright, so I got to Chapter 7 where you have Snow and Hope combo, ITS FREAKING AWESOME. Snow with his rediculous HP and Def values and Hope with his magic of death.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:09 pm

Im on chapter 10. I can make my own party. First course of action: NEVER USE LIGHTNING AGAIN. I definetely was not enjoying being forced to use her for all of the first 10 chapters besides the ONE part where you control hope instead, and the TWO parts (in the SAME CHAPTER mind you) when you use fang. Also fav characters for me go as:

Sazh:Hes the most realistic, has the most common sense, and the only character whom I actually felt terrible for during an event in chapter 9. Also synergist ftw.

Fang:Cool voice. Sexy. Nightmare on the battlefield. Chill as fuck. lesbian for vanille What more could you want?

Hope:Magic ftw. Also im actually liking hope HIMSELF. I enjoy seeing child characters grow throughout RPGs, and I feel hope was done fairly well. Also, boomerang.

Vanille: <3 + Magic. That is all. oh and skirt.

Serah:She's so cute, that I rank her above actual playable characters.

Snow:He's cool. Pretty cool. But the hero act gets old. FAST. and he does it for TEN FUCKING CHAPTERS. Its the ONLY thing he does. That and KUREAAAAAAA!!!!!!"SERAAAHHHHHHH" Then after an event in chapter 9, then hes "BAWWWWWW I WAS WRONG WRISTS TIME."

Lightning:Shes on the same level as snow for me. Thank the lord for her developing a soft side from being with Hope. Otherwise i'd sue Square for creating a stupid bitch more uptight than Yukari.

Also, you can begin to slightly explore around chapter 9ish, and you can fully explore and go to optional areas and do sidequests starting chapter 11. Oh, and you can finally grind too (besides using the Rain/sun orbs in Sazh and Vanille's chapter, they respawn the enemies each time they get used. I spent like 2 hours there.)

All in all, this is one of my favorite final fantasies. Its linear, but the battle system makes up for it to me. It gets mad fun once people unlock multiple classes (they have access to EVERY class come chapter 10 btw), some parts of the story actually made me sad, something that final fantasy has never done for me before outside of 9, and some parts just seem extremely epic to me. 7 was cool, but i never gave a shit about the characters. never will. 8 is "WHY AM I HAVING FUN PLAYING THIS!?" Its just stupid (its story) Only redeeming thing from 8 is selphie. 9 is THE FUCKING BEST. Good characters, damn good story, good weapon/skill system. Oh, and one of the few times they broke away from the either "Whiny emo" or "Angry angsty" teenage protagonist.
Rise: The Game
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29919
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:27 pm

The Uneven K wrote:
Also, you can begin to slightly explore around chapter 9ish, and you can fully explore and go to optional areas and do sidequests starting chapter 11. Oh, and you can finally grind too (besides using the Rain/sun orbs in Sazh and Vanille's chapter, they respawn the enemies each time they get used. I spent like 2 hours there.)

All in all, this is one of my favorite final fantasies. Its linear, but the battle system makes up for it to me. It gets mad fun once people unlock multiple classes (they have access to EVERY class come chapter 10 btw), some parts of the story actually made me sad, something that final fantasy has never done for me before outside of 9, and some parts just seem extremely epic to me. 7 was cool, but i never gave a shit about the characters other than Yuffie, because she is the best.. never will. 8 is "WHY AM I HAVING FUN PLAYING THIS!?" Its just stupid (its story) Only redeeming thing from 8 is selphie. 9 is THE FUCKING BEST. Good characters, damn good story, good weapon/skill system. Oh, and one of the few times they broke away from the either "Whiny emo" or "Angry angsty" teenage protagonist.

Fixed.

Also, I too, trained some at the Sun/Rain orbs. But only a little, trying to kill those flying things. I refused to train more because I started to feel the same thing that happened when I played Blue Dragon (oh, look I found a god place to train, and I can level up multiple classes! Let me level up so much that I have to heal the final boss to even try and get some resemblance of a challenge.). Also, just got to Hope's town. I'm starting to like Hope as well now, as he's a beast on the battlefield, as well as starting to grow up. I didn't actually think I could change my opinion of him from his incredibly stupid and whiny old self, but apparently I'm too forgiving D:<.

Also, Sazh and Vanille is my FAVORITE combo. He's a fuckin magic beast(magic commando ftw), and she is too. I LOVE the buff/debuff combo. Sazh was doing 1.8k with Ruin right after he got Commando XD. It's RAPE. Like, literally. Those turtle things that the game said "You should avoid these monsters! They're too strong right now!"? I raped them. RAPED.

And even if everyone gets every class, I'm likely only going to use the classes that they have atm. Just to give them individuality(?) and not to waste CP on newers classes when I could be pumping my current 3.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:13 pm

Thats exactly what the guide says. Also, if you want to even THINK of maxing out even their 3 specialty classes, ur gonna have to grind like a madman. Im on the highest level of the Crystal atm and its taking EIGHT THOUSAND CP just to get a HP +100. God forbid actual moves and role levels.

Oh, and Hope just jumped to my 2nd favorite character.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:34 pm

Hope I really liked he improved a lot over the course once he confronted Snow, also just finished chapter 8 WHAT THE HECK MAN WHY SAZH WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. This prevents spoilers but I am serious this made me feel so horrible.

Also Vanille has become one of my favorites just cause Snow kinda sunk down on my list, so basically, Fang, Vanille, Hope, Sazh, Serah, Lightning, Snow
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:56 pm

Sazh Fang Vanille. Unbeatable team. Remember that guys. USE THEM. DO IT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:23 am

Final Fantasy XIII: I tried to think of a more interesting name for this thread but could not Cute10

LightxHope pairing OTP
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down