Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm going to talk to myself about Mother 3 for a while

2 posters

Go down

I'm going to talk to myself about Mother 3 for a while Empty I'm going to talk to myself about Mother 3 for a while

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sun May 09, 2010 12:12 pm

I wonder how many consecutive hours I can play this for? Let's find out
Later on I'll go into detail about specific awesome parts. For now here are some random things

I was taking out just about everything in Tazmily Forest in 1-2 hits.
It was going pretty well and I was barely taking any damage until a snake coiled around Flint, preventing him from moving. Then the snake and his yam friend gangbeat me until I was half dead and also poisoned.
ffffff random status effects

Eventually I broke free and beat the snake down. The yam was still there, though.
I learned during the beating that they're slow to start up, but once they're ready their attack power is much too high. So I was still in trouble
But I was pissed
So I beat the shit out of the yam with a perfect 16 hit combo using Flint's 2x4 before it could move. It died became tame.
Best of all, it wouldn't have died if I'd hit it with anything less. So that was cool
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12696
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

I'm going to talk to myself about Mother 3 for a while Empty Re: I'm going to talk to myself about Mother 3 for a while

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sun May 09, 2010 2:32 pm

ALRIGHT here's some more info because why not
First of all, remember, I actually put this game and the translation patch in the downloads section. Just sayin'
I heard you all like RPGs and stuff, and few are better than this one. It's probably the best GBA game

This is the one after Earthbound (aka Mother 2) that never made it to the US.
Might have been because it'd be too hard to localize, or maybe because of the magic transvestites. Who can say

It was fan-translated by a career translator- he helped localize Kingdom Hearts II, among other things.
And since he (and his crew) weren't doing this for any money, you better believe it's the highest quality possible. I am super anal about grammar and similar articles of gay shit like that, so coming from me, that's a massive compliment.
I'm going to talk to myself about Mother 3 for a while M8l9nl
They made sure to get all the puns just right. Puns are not easy to localize
...And there are a lot of puns in this game

The first reason that this game is awesome is that it avoids 90% of all RPG cliches.
For example, the party is made up of the following people:
-A wimpy 12-year-old. This is the main character. He is the healer.
-The girl, a tomboy with lots of attack magic, who is badass and also older than the main character.
-A handicapped man.
-A regular dog.

And you start the game as Flint, a super hardcore cowboy-lookin' dude who fights with a 2x4.
I'm going to talk to myself about Mother 3 for a while 2guijjc
I'm going to talk to myself about Mother 3 for a while 2iw1pqtI'm going to talk to myself about Mother 3 for a while S2acz4
Don't fuck with him

The handicapped guy, Duster, is also hardcore.
He limps around everywhere, but fights by kicking. And he's so fast that he sometimes attacks the enemies "with blinding speed" before the fight even starts!
Oh and also
I'm going to talk to myself about Mother 3 for a while 9ixsfq
He has the power of staples.
Does a cool pose and everything when he takes them out before using them to climb up walls.
Also he can use them on enemies. Status effects actually work in this game, with devastating effect.
I'm going to talk to myself about Mother 3 for a while 111ut0n
This is the first boss. Duster stapled it to the ground and it couldn't move.
Once it got free, it was able to attack a grand total of one time before we beat it. Nothing can defeat the power of staples

...The second reason that this game is awesome is the battle system. It is fun
I'm mostly talking about the timing your attacks with the beat of the battle theme.
There are lots and lots of battle themes, too. Some of them actually start skipping, throwing off the beat just to mess up your combos.
But if you can pull off a perfect 16-hit combo it does almost as much damage as a critical hit.
Also the HP meters there are kind of cool. You can take mortal damage and still live if you heal the damage before your odometer runs out. And if you guard, it runs out a lot more slowly...so, STRATEGY

The third reason is the writing. It's pro
I'm going to talk to myself about Mother 3 for a while 2hybeu
I'm going to talk to myself about Mother 3 for a while 15e8lr6
METAL GEAR

Oh, and one more thing: The main antagonist is just a little bit super incredible
I'm going to talk to myself about Mother 3 for a while N6b6udI'm going to talk to myself about Mother 3 for a while 19ny3k
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

I'm going to talk to myself about Mother 3 for a while Empty Re: I'm going to talk to myself about Mother 3 for a while

Post by The Universe Sun May 09, 2010 3:30 pm

I love this game.

I don't know why I didn't finish it.

*boots up ROM*

FUCKING BARRIER TRIO
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Grade : 8321
Charm : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sun May 09, 2010 4:20 pm

Jiraiya wrote:FUCKING BARRIER TRIO
Yeah that's a pretty good reason not to finish

Also:

I'm going to talk to myself about Mother 3 for a while Xqkyfl
I disagree
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down