Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Gaga ruins everything

5 posters

Go down

Lady Gaga ruins everything Empty Lady Gaga ruins everything

Post by Grunge Hamster Fri May 21, 2010 4:23 pm

Alright so my Uncle's girlfriend works at Tyson's corner and gets these tickets to an advanced showing of the Kung Fu Kid (I refuse to call it anything else). Didn't really wanna see it but eh free movie ya know? So I'm watching the movie and I'm thinking, "Man I need some chips cause the only thing cheesier than this movie is the pun I'm about to make." Anyway, the movie follows the same lines as the Karate Kid, then slaps some sparkle and backflipping 12 year olds on an established classic to make money, but this is America so in some ways I respect that. It certainly wasn't as bad as Transformers 2, and I was almost ready to forgive them for the name of the film, when suddenly -
"na na na nuh"
WTF!!! THE FUCKING POKERFACE SONG!!! Suddenly the underage chinese girl starts slut dancing on a fancy DDR machine, and it's all I can do not to punch the usher, demand a refund, and get on the next plane to Hollywood and start kicking people in the balls, but I didn't buy the tickets and if it was like the original there was still a chance that Will Smith's wisecracking kid would get his leg broken (it was and it did). The main point is I hate Lady Gaga and her kind and too many of Hollywood's big movies these day's are based off of established franchises or books and filled with idiotic pop culture references that make it seem to me like the masses are uncreative, uncultured, and obsessed with shiny phones and nonsensical lyrics with simplistic catchy beats. And whose to blame? Sadly it's us the consumers. First you blame the people who like this crap, but even the people who hate these kind of movies, end up going. Mostly because they're bored and to throw popcorn at the screen, but the fact remains that people pay obscene amounts of cash for low quality entertainment. Did I laugh at the Smith kids lame jokes, did I gasp at the kung fu flips? I'm ashamed to say that I did. I've run out of characters for this rant, but the fact is that something is wrong.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Grade : 10087
Charm : 154

Back to top Go down

Lady Gaga ruins everything Empty Re: Lady Gaga ruins everything

Post by Arc Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:08 pm

Did you know she has 4 DLC songs for Rock Band? Poker Face and Bad Romance included...

.____________.

And another one too if parodies count.

I wasn't expecting much from the new karate kid.
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 8655
Charm : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:49 am

Metal Rabbit wrote:Did you know she has 4 DLC songs for Rock Band? Poker Face and Bad Romance included...

.____________.

And another one too if parodies count.
NOT cool.

I wasn't expecting much from the new karate kid.

me neither. I was just blowin' off steam 'cause I threw away 2 hours of my life. Maybe I'm romanticizing, but I thought kids/family movies used to be better than this.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:51 pm

Maybe that's what growing up with classic disney and pixar films did to us.
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 8655
Charm : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:10 pm

It definetly raised the bar for what I like, but maybe being a TV soaked generation stunted creativity. I remember making stories as a kid, but now orignal stuff takes work.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:43 am

I agree originality seems to be lacking now days.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12467
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatsuya Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:37 pm

Yeah today's pop music, and movies as a whole have seeming been lacking for the most part, I'm just worried how Hollywood is going to ruin a couple movies based on books that I've been waiting for (such as The Hunger Games and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo). That's why I don't watch movies in theaters and only on TV or on DVD, so if it sucks I can just stop.
Tatsuya
Tatsuya
Exodus

Grade : 7692
Charm : 141

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:45 pm

Maybe it's 'cause of the internet or something, but filmakers seem to be trying to strech their demographics to bring in profit, which lowers the quality of the specific genres. I think it's become too hard to cater to just one fanbase at a time and be successful. And I guess, it is easier to wait for DVD's. I think the last movie I went to, and actually wanted to see right away was Watchmen. The rest were either times I tagged along w/ the family 'cause it was free, or I waited and rented it.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:03 pm

I think the last movie I went to see was Avatar but before that I really don't remember.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12467
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by Emerald Jealousy Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:39 am

Stop telephonin' me
Emerald Jealousy