Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Team Help?

+2
Grunge Hamster
Gamer7625
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pokemon Team Help? Empty Pokemon Team Help?

Post by Gamer7625 Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:07 am

This team is for fun but some friends and myself were going to battle and we each are kind into good team building so I was wanting some advice on my team. Since it's not competitive no IV's or EV's. Also I hope I'm posting this in the right spot....

Forretress-Leftovers
Nature: Sassy (+Sp D, -Spe)
Ability: Sturdy
Stealth Rock
Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
Gyro Ball

He sets up Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock two rather useful things to damage opponents and he gets healed every turn also acts as a spinner.

Tyranitar-Expert Belt
Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
Ability: Sand Stream
Stone Edge
Crunch
Flamethrower
Earthquake

Just an annoying T-Tar I guess lol no real plan just to hope he does well (this team hasn't been 100% thought out haha this is the main prep work) Stone Edge and Crunch for STAB, Flamethrower for Steels and annoying bugs (Herracross), Earthquake for brute force.

Quagsire-Leftovers
Nature: Impish (+Def, -Sp A)
Ability:Water Absorb
Watterfall
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Recover

Water Absorb is his main purpose. Recover helps our Toxic Spikes drain the opponent down to nothing the other moves as attacks which are pretty good over all...

Heatran-Leftovers
Nature:Modest (+Sp A, -Atk)
Ability: Flash Fire
Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse
Rest
Sleep Talk

The RestTalk combo! and with a fire type who increses his moves with other fire attacks lol. Dragon Pulse is there cuz it's good for coverage with Flamethrower (also when we battle our guys will only be 60 so he can't get Earth Power). Heatran is also a check for the only Ghost threat in these battles since one of my friends may use Gengar and loves Hypnosis+Dream Eater

Scizor-Life Orb
Nature:Adament (+Atk, -Sp A)
Ability: Technician
Bullet Punch
U-Turn
Superpower
Roost

The almighty Scizor making an excellent paring with Heatran and Flygon. Not much to explain....

Flygon-Life Orb
Nature:Naive (+Spe, -Sp D)
Ability: Levitate
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Draco Metor

Sweeper! Dragon Claw and Earthquake for STAB and great power overall, Flamethrower for perfect coverage with the other two moves (and for Steels). Draco Meteor is a secret weapon only to be used rarely lol HUGE damage can be what I need often to hammer things away...

Story: This team started as a Flygon team but I had Flygon, Scizor, Heatran, Forretress, and Infernape. I knew I needed something for water attacks and thought about Sandstorm so I somewhat converted it into a Sandstorm Team. Not a normal one since only one Pokemon really benefits from it but I think (hope) it's pretty good.

My three friends each seem to have different styles. One like all attack Pokemon with powerful moves (Dragonite with Fire Blast, Blizzard, Thunder, Draco Meteor) he only goes with attack really thinks defense is a waste of time and boring.

His younger brother likes balanced team building and uses strategy (closest to mine)

A third friend uses a normal ingame team...Flier, Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, anything. basic...
Gamer7625
Gamer7625
Angel
Angel

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 5474
Charm : 9

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Team Help? Empty Re: Pokemon Team Help?

Post by Grunge Hamster Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:46 am

Alright there are a couple Pokemon threads, but I mightve missed this if you didn't put up your own topic. First thing I noticed was the natures. I take it these guys are almost done and your not breeding/catching but making a team from your stockpile. In that case they probably aren't EV'd, am I right? If your sticking with these guys, 'cause they're already Leveled, then you should reset their EV's. Otherwise best results would come from a fresh from the egg set, tho since it's just a friendly match reallocating the EV's might be all you need to get an edge. Sorry I can't really help with the movesets, I used to be a very lonely player before I joined TC, so I breed/train better than I battle. However I just made a team for the TC tournament and I'm itchin' to test it if you wanna see how your team works. It'll be good for me too.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Grade : 10089
Charm : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:04 am

Hetran would be pretty hard to pull off. It would most likely take some hacking.

For one, he's a legendary, so I don't think he can breed. For 2, in order to catch him in Diamond and Pearl you need a special pass that you can only get through an event thing, and getting the exact nature you want could take several tries.

However, word of advise: Never have Foretress fight a fire type. 1hko from flamethrower.

Personally, I follow the same sort of strat your friend does. It's not that I don't see the value of defense moves, but I don't usually bother with them.

I do like to have attack moves of various types though. Like my Sudowoodo has 2 fighting moves, a rock move, and strength. So for me, something like that works.

I'm not that good at breeding, but I do have a spare Life Orb I think. So I can give you that. If you're looking for breeding, I think Kilvas is your best bet. Technically anyone can do it though.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Grade : 21657
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer7625 Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:17 am

Kabuto Kirisaki wrote:Alright there are a couple Pokemon threads, but I mightve missed this if you didn't put up your own topic. First thing I noticed was the natures. I take it these guys are almost done and your not breeding/catching but making a team from your stockpile. In that case they probably aren't EV'd, am I right? If your sticking with these guys, 'cause they're already Leveled, then you should reset their EV's. Otherwise best results would come from a fresh from the egg set, tho since it's just a friendly match reallocating the EV's might be all you need to get an edge. Sorry I can't really help with the movesets, I used to be a very lonely player before I joined TC, so I breed/train better than I battle. However I just made a team for the TC tournament and I'm itchin' to test it if you wanna see how your team works. It'll be good for me too.

Actually I haven't really started it I have a few Pokemon in my Soul Silver and will trade them over to Platinum. As I said I'm not a fan of EV's and breeding has never been my strong suit...

Ichimaru Gin wrote:Hetran would be pretty hard to pull off. It would most likely take some hacking.

For one, he's a legendary, so I don't think he can breed. For 2, in order to catch him in Diamond and Pearl you need a special pass that you can only get through an event thing, and getting the exact nature you want could take several tries.

However, word of advise: Never have Foretress fight a fire type. 1hko from flamethrower.

Personally, I follow the same sort of strat your friend does. It's not that I don't see the value of defense moves, but I don't usually bother with them.

I do like to have attack moves of various types though. Like my Sudowoodo has 2 fighting moves, a rock move, and strength. So for me, something like that works.

I'm not that good at breeding, but I do have a spare Life Orb I think. So I can give you that. If you're looking for breeding, I think Kilvas is your best bet. Technically anyone can do it though.

Yes Heatran would be hard to pull off but as annoying as it would be I can try haha.

That friend of mine hates defense and just goes full offense (no defensive items either like Leftovers only attack increasing items like Dragon Fang etc) I have one Life Orb and can get a 2nd one either haha thanks though. Three leftovers are easy for me to get (I already have two get my thrid one in Platinum)

I also wouldn't have Forretress battle a fire type lol suicide I'd just make a switch out, my friends don't know about heatran's ability so I can go to him at least once then I'd have to be more strategic.
Gamer7625
Gamer7625
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:24 am

Just making sure you knew. My friend was saying the other day: "Foretress is a BEAST. NOTHING CAN TAKE IT DOWN."

I firmly reminded him how blatantly wrong he was.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer7625 Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:25 am

Ichimaru Gin wrote:Just making sure you knew. My friend was saying the other day: "Foretress is a BEAST. NOTHING CAN TAKE IT DOWN."

I firmly reminded him how blatantly wrong he was.

Lmao yeah that's just a little wrong...hell an Ember may even be able to take him down...never know
Gamer7625
Gamer7625
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:37 am

Other than Fire, I can't think of much that COULD take it down though. Maybe ground, but I'm not sure.

Still 4x damage from Fire, and Fire is a big type that a lot of people have in their party. Once you take the Fire type out, Fortress should end up pretty sturdy though.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer7625 Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:43 am

That's what I'm hoping. Normaly (nomrlay is the key word) I will start with either Forretress of T-Tar it just depends on my opponent.
Gamer7625
Gamer7625
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:45 am

Yeah, Kilvas and Desu are better than me. I know Heatran can't breed, that's why I suggested EV's to make up for possible wrong nature. And it is not an event, there's an annoying side quest in DPPt involving Flint's brother, after which your free to catch Heatran if you go deeper into the cave. If you haven't caught it yet then soft resetting isn't too hard, espescially w/ Synchronize, but you'd need an empty team slot. I did get the feeling EV's weren't important to this fight, but it might've suprised the 'in game team' guy at least. Anyway, I'm still offering to battle when your done.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer7625 Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:51 am

Kabuto Kirisaki wrote:Yeah, Kilvas and Desu are better than me. I know Heatran can't breed, that's why I suggested EV's to make up for possible wrong nature. And it is not an event, there's an annoying side quest in DPPt involving Flint's brother, after which your free to catch Heatran if you go deeper into the cave. If you haven't caught it yet then soft resetting isn't too hard, espescially w/ Synchronize, but you'd need an empty team slot. I did get the feeling EV's weren't important to this fight, but it might've suprised the 'in game team' guy at least. Anyway, I'm still offering to battle when your done.

Well I'm the only one who pays attn to Natures with my friends sooo there is a chance they screw themselves in ways with Natures. Thanks for the offer I'll see when everything's done.
Gamer7625
Gamer7625
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:57 am

kk, just PM or put something in the battle/trade topic.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer7625 Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:04 am

Ok thanks
Gamer7625
Gamer7625
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:53 am

Lol, i'll post what I said in the PM, but I'll add a bit more to it.:

Forretress - I like it overall, though I'm not sure why Rapid spin is there. Protect is a good option for Forretress. Lol. For items, there's always the Occa berry, but those usually don't work very well for x4 unless they have uber defenses.

Tyranitar - I like the new nature. Lol. I like the moveset too.

Quagsire - I like this one alot, I'm no complaints. Lol.

Heatran - Huh, pretty good. I don't have anything to add. Though I've never actually seen Sleep Talk pulled of effectively. Lol. That's just through my experience though.

Scizor - I also like this one alot. Lol.

Flygon - Pretty nice, I'd have Crunch instead of Flamethrower. Since Heatran and Tyranitar both have it already. Heck, maybe even Screech. Lol.

Hope this helps. Lol.

And adding to what everyone else said.yeah. Heatran can't breed, Rotom and Manaphy can though. Though Manaphies only end up as Phiones that CANT evolve into Manaphy.

but I do have a spare Life Orb I think. So I can give you that.
....can i haz plz? I've never actually owned one before...i never found the ones in diamond/platinum...D:
Kilvas
Kilvas

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 17822
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer7625 Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:49 am

Carly Carmine wrote:Lol, i'll post what I said in the PM, but I'll add a bit more to it.:

Forretress - I like it overall, though I'm not sure why Rapid spin is there. Protect is a good option for Forretress. Lol. For items, there's always the Occa berry, but those usually don't work very well for x4 unless they have uber defenses.

Tyranitar - I like the new nature. Lol. I like the moveset too.

Quagsire - I like this one alot, I'm no complaints. Lol.

Heatran - Huh, pretty good. I don't have anything to add. Though I've never actually seen Sleep Talk pulled of effectively. Lol. That's just through my experience though.

Scizor - I also like this one alot. Lol.

Flygon - Pretty nice, I'd have Crunch instead of Flamethrower. Since Heatran and Tyranitar both have it already. Heck, maybe even Screech. Lol.

Hope this helps. Lol.

And adding to what everyone else said.yeah. Heatran can't breed, Rotom and Manaphy can though. Though Manaphies only end up as Phiones that CANT evolve into Manaphy.

but I do have a spare Life Orb I think. So I can give you that.
....can i haz plz? I've never actually owned one before...i never found the ones in diamond/platinum...D:

lol well as stated above Rapid Spin is for SR.

Flygon I was thinking a bit...Flamethrower is his only weapon for Steels...they would really bother him any other way (Skarmory, Forretress, Scizor, Levitate Bronzong)
Gamer7625
Gamer7625
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:27 pm

Lol, oops. Forgot to edit that out. ><

Hmm...that's true. Well depending if either Atk or SpAtk is higher, you could have Fire Punch or Flamethrower. Though Flamethrower is a bit more powerful, and not as big a hassle to learn. Lol. Gawd, shards are such a pain..
Kilvas
Kilvas

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 17822
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:57 pm

What about a fighting move? Dynamic Punch?
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer7625 Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:14 pm

Ichimaru Gin wrote:What about a fighting move? Dynamic Punch?

DynamicPunch's accuracy would worry me and the trouble of Skarm, Forretress, Scizor, and Bronzong (Levitate) would still have no checks. I know for sure Scizor is a possibility on my friends team.
Gamer7625
Gamer7625
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:41 pm

If I may, Flygon is my favorite poke and I've used many different variations of him. .>.

If you're THAT worried about him being against a skarm or anyone else who nullifies his EQ, I would recommend flamethrower or heat wave because in most cases they'd take more damage from the special attack than a physical attack. But like they said, if you have other pokemon with a fire move you should be alright. Flygon is not meant to go up against them anyway...

U turn is a popular move on him, as well as alot of other fast pokemon. Outrage is worth the confusion because of how much extra power it gives him... I mean you're doing 1.5 more damage than dragon claw. Plus it would get rid of any need for crunch if you picked that because outrages power is higher than a supereffective crunch. Lol... alot of people think too much about type coverage when you can just blaze through with one mega powerful attack.

And dynamic punch is ALWAYS a terrible idea unless you're using a machamp. It's just not worth it.
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Grade : 8657
Charm : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer7625 Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:30 pm

Since Flygon is supposed to be a Sweeper wouldn't he want moves to cover the entire spectrum? Dragon+Ground+Fire covers everything if memory serves every Pokemon takes at least neutral damamge from those one of those moves
Gamer7625
Gamer7625
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:32 pm

The point of a sweeper though is to hit hard and fast. Your flygon isn't gonna be able to hit that hard because you're making it a mixed attacker with no EV specialization or an attack boosting nature. Then again if you're playing against non-competitive people it shouldn't matter too much.

I've used fire blast before and it's pretty effective but was only used on skarm and bronzong and even then the latter set up light screens... And my favorite other move is rock slide for the chance to kill ice types and a chance at flinch. Stone edge is another choice, a better one if you're more threatened by ice types.

I do stand by Outrage though.
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Grade : 8657
Charm : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer7625 Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:44 pm

I did somewhat consider Rock Slide not only for Ice death but also for Flinch chance which could help him survuve even more. Outrage...idk haha I'll think about it in place of Dragon Claw I assume
Gamer7625
Gamer7625
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:03 am

gimme the fuckin life orb lyle.

D:<
Rise: The Game
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29920
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer7625 Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:13 am

lol good thinn I only need two I got one from SoulSilver and will get the one in Platinum so I'd be all set.
Gamer7625
Gamer7625
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:23 am

Asbel Lhant wrote:gimme the fuckin life orb lyle.

D:<
Well, I only have one, and chicky asked for it first....

I could probably get another one though.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:26 am

i'll ban you D:<
I know where you live D:<
I'll KILL YOU D:<

FOR A POKEMON ITEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29920
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next