Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

O'Connell's Rant Topic

4 posters

Go down

O'Connell's Rant Topic Empty O'Connell's Rant Topic

Post by MattLocke Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:56 pm

Warning: THIS TOPIC CONTAINS CONTENT UNSUITABLE FOR MINORS. IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 AND HAVE NOT READ THE WORD FUCK BEFORE... well, you have now. ...Oh it also contains spoilers for One Piece, possibly, if you have been too gay to watch up to the Sky-Island arc. If that is so, go do so immediately or I will find you, and re-enact those annoying bubble gum commercials.

----

The subject of today's rant is: 4FUCKINGKIDS. Specifically, the fucking awful dub they made for One Piece. However we will also touch on other aspects of their fuckery as we go on.

Let's start off with the first noticeable thing: Voice acting. God damn it, 4kids has a wonderful, natural talent in picking the worst voice actors who ever walked face on this earth. And I swear to God, they don't even try. Not in the least. It just comes naturally to them. It's sad.

Luffy's voice acting is as bad as Dub Naruto's unless you get used to it, which I just, could not. Zoro's is absolutely sinful and above all else, they changed the fucking names to Zolo. I'm not 100% sure if it was 4kids who made Luffy, Ruffy, or not. I think it was, though. ...I get it, there are faggotries when translating the letter "l" and the letter "r" into English, I guess. But it's bullfuckingshit, nonetheless. I never heard Usopp or Nami in 4kids enough to get an opinion but it's 4kids, cain't be good.

Sanji, oh Jesus Christ, Sanji! The badass, gentleman, French dude. What is his voice? THE SAME AS JOEY FROM YU-GI-OH. IN OTHER WORDS, A FUCKING BROOKLYN THUG. And Nico Robin's voice was worst of all. If you want to give her a texan accent, fine. Just give her a real one. A good one. Too much to ask? ...I thought so.

Next in line, I come up with a list of differences in lines and stuff. ...Actually before that, I'll do some other things...

As with most 4kids Dubs, they removed almost all of the blood, mature content, and overall intelligent dialogue or themes. ...Great. BUT THIS IS WORSE! They have even dumber things. For example, in a village in an early episode, a sign that said "SALE" was just, a blank piece of cardboard in the 4kids.

...Why? How is "SALE" fucking offensive, or a problem at all? Also, in almost every single instance of Luffy puckering his lips in surprise, shock, or disappointment, they edited that out. ...Why? How is /that/ a fucking problem? I want to fucking know.

Also, Mihawk. Mr. Badass Catholic Spanish guy. They edited the cross-guards on his sword and dagger, as well as his bling, in order to remove all references to Catholicism. Newsflash: Dude's a Catholic. Yeah, he's gonna sport Catholicism shit. If people get offended by that, fuck 'em. No seriously. Fuck. 'Em.

Then there's that horrible rap theme song, don't even get me started on all the reasons it's just plain wrong. Don't. I mean it. And of course, no cigarettes for Sanji or Bellemere. I guess I sort of understand that. (not really it's fucking retarded, what are the odds the average kid has never seen a fucking cigarette?!) In speaking of Bellemere! Why'd they erase the word "MACE" from her shirt? How is that, in any way, an issue? Oh and she attacked Arlong with a shovel. Yeah, right. A marine is dumb enough to assault a pirate over 10 x her strength without a gun? Haha.

Also for some reason, in one episode, they edited dynamite into a cutlass. That's not even intelligent enough to address further. And they...change the color of guns...instead of editing them all out. I'm sorry, how is a blue rifle any less deadly than a wooden one? ...Oh nevermind, they are quite literally, SUPER SOAKERS! WHAT THE FUCKING GOD DAMN HELL?!

...I think that is enough instances of /that/ for now...I'll now go on to the line changes for a bit...

Also, before I do: NO WOMEN HAVE CLEAVAGE YAH THAT'S SO REALISTIC

---

Episode whatever, Sanji vs. Fishman!

Japanese:

"But first...GET OUTTA THE WATER YOU FREAK! WE'LL FIGHT ON MY TERMS!"

"...Very well...water or land, it's all the same. I'm angry."

4KIDS:

"Get out a there ya big blowfish, we'll settle dis on mah toufs"

"Don't care where we fight, cause Imma raging bullhead!"

---

Arabasta Arc, NICO ROBIN VS. PELL!

JAPANESE:

"...Is this worthless scum the best fighter in your country...?"

"...You bitch."

4KIDS:

"This yahoo da' best ya' got?"

---

Episode 1. Luffy and Coby, talking.

"Yeah, I wanna be pirate king." - Luffy

"BEING PIRATE KING MEANS FINDING ALL THE WORLD HAS TO OFFER--*luffy nods*--AND FINDING THE GREAT, INCREDIBLE TREASURE--*luffy nods*--YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT LOOKING FOR THE ONE PIECE!--*luffy vigorously nods*" - Coby

"YEAH!!!" - Luffy

"pirates from all over want that! IT'S IMPOSSIBLE! THERE ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE BIGGER AND BADDER AND--*luffy punches Coby out*" - Coby

---

4KIDS:

"Why would you want to be king of the pirates!? GIVE ME ONE GOOD REASON YOU CAN NEVER POSSIBLY FIND THE--" Coby

"Coby, stop it!" - Luffy

"DON'T HIT ME!!" - Coby

"I wasn't going to hit you." - Luffy

IN CONCLUSION, THE 4KIDS DUB OF ONE PIECE IS WORSE THAN TOUCHING A FAT WHORE WHO HASN'T BATHED IN TEN DAYS
MattLocke
MattLocke
Grand Cardinal
Grand Cardinal

Grade : 5606
Charm : 8

Back to top Go down

O'Connell's Rant Topic Empty Re: O'Connell's Rant Topic

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:33 pm

Mr. O'Connell wrote:For example, in a village in an early episode, a sign that said "SALE" was just, a blank piece of cardboard in the 4kids.
Mr. O'Connell wrote:"Get out a there ya big blowfish, we'll settle dis on mah toufs"

"Don't care where we fight, cause Imma raging bullhead!"
Oh...oh god

That's hilarious/awful.

Although...it may seem pointless for 4Kids to edit some of those things out (SALE, puckered lips, the amazing dyna-cutlass), but I don't think that's a valid reason to hate on em a giant amount. "THEY TOOK OUT THE WORD "SALE" THE EXPERIENCE IS RUINED FOREVER" etc.

Of course the other points are more than enough to condemn the dub to a watery grave, so it's no big deal, really.
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12697
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

O'Connell's Rant Topic Empty Re: O'Connell's Rant Topic

Post by Nightmare Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:22 pm

I think it's more like

"THEY TOOK OUT THE WORD "SALE" WHO THE FUCK DOES SOMETHING SO POINTLESS"
Nightmare