Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanna be in my game? (Original Character design contest)

+5
Tatsuya
TLS
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Rise: The Game
Arc
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wanna be in my game? (Original Character design contest) Empty Wanna be in my game? (Original Character design contest)

Post by Arc Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:30 am

I said before that I programmed a text-RPG in java. One of my side projects was creating a tournament/fighter game using the same battle system from that game. Also has mostly the same characters, plus other originals I made.

That's a bit of an understatement, there's over 64 characters of mine in this. Each one has a unique artificial intelligence and fighting style. But even I dont want them all to take up those roster slots. 64's a nice number so there's an even amount for a tournament. I'm kicking some characters off and have some free spots SOOO

I want you to design your own original character for use in the game. What I want is:

-First and Last name
-Male/female (both is not a sex, not yet anyway)
-Class/job
-stat distribution (Stats are HP, strength, defense, magic, magic defense, speed. You can balance if you want.)
-fighting style (attack, support, defense, physical, magical)
-unique move (just give me an idea and I'll fit it so it's not broken)
-personality/backstory
-weapon (if you dont put anything down, it's assumed they fight with their hands.)
-weakness/resistance (pick 1 for each: fire, ice, electric, wind, earth, light, dark, physical) *alternatively you can have immunity to debuffs or status effects but at the cost of another weakness*

My example:
-Billy Goat
-Goat
-Male
-High emphasis on strength, low magic defense, balanced everywhere else
-Physical offense, with some support (debuffs and buffs for self)
-Alpha Charge: Physical electric move that stuns
-Since the dawn of time there has always been a Billy sent to earth by the norse gods to provide strength and inspiration to man (as well as feces). This billy uses thor's gift of electricity as all his past selves have, and is really mischievious.
-Weapons are horns, no special properties
-Resists electricity/weak to earth

Idk how many slots will be freed up, and idk if this'll take off. But if I like your character I will put it in. No image is necessary BTW.

Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 8655
Charm : 274

Back to top Go down

Wanna be in my game? (Original Character design contest) Empty Re: Wanna be in my game? (Original Character design contest)

Post by Rise: The Game Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:51 am

Masuyo Magnus
-Male
-High Magic Str and Magic Def. Above average speed, pathetic Atk and Def
-Magical fighting style focusing on a combination of multiple swift spells and slow powerful spells. Uses a few restraining spells to keep enemies from escaping attacks
-Cry of Lightning:A lightning bolt shatters the enemy's defenses for a while dealing damage also
-Masuyo is a carefree guy, easy to entertain, yet quick to be bored by something. Despite being sarcastic and an asshole, hes the last guy to ever pick a fight with someone. he kinda just wants to find someone to hang out with and be friends with for the most part. Has the power of electricity/lightning because he punched a hole into his Xbox360 after it RROD'd while it was still plugged in, getting himself electrocuted. Instead of dying, he raged so hard that he got up with all the voltage from the shock still in him
-Uses no weapon, shoots magic blasts from his hands/creates a shield of magic energy to defend himself
-Resist Lightning Wind and Light. Strong against Debuffs/Status Effects. Weak to Ice Fire Dark and Phys. Neutral to earth

Last edited by Lord Happy on Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29918
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Wanna be in my game? (Original Character design contest) Empty Re: Wanna be in my game? (Original Character design contest)

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:21 pm

Same here. I'll do it after my test. ...Or later.

I'll do it eventually. I promise.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Grade : 21655
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by TLS Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:54 pm

-Toa Lord Sothe
-Male
-Swordfighter
-HP: Low
-strength: Medium
-defense: Low
-magic: Medium
-magic defense: Low
-speed: Very High
-Attack/Support
-Sexcopter
-A lone swordsman walking the earth, getting in adventures and shit like that guy from pulp fiction. He learned swordsman ship from a talking cactus, or maybe that was just some bad acid.
-Swords, One handed such as Sabres, Katanas or Cutlass
-Strong Wind, Weak Fire.
TLS
TLS
God General
God General

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 7759
Charm : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatsuya Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:49 pm

Alright this sounds interesting let me try to think of something

Name: Serene Fimbulvetr
Class: Reaper of Winter
HP: Medium
STR: High
DEF: Medium-Low
SPD: High
MGC: Non-existant
MDF: Low
Fighting Style: Attack/Physical
Unique move: Freezing of Thames: All characters with the exception of Serene will lose traction and all of Serene's Attacks are now based off of the Ice element. Dealing double damage to those with a weakness of Ice and normal damage to those with an affinity for Ice, and 1.5 for those with those in the middle. (If this doesn't work let me know I can got somethin else is mind).
Backstory: The guardian of Fimbulvetr the long winter, who protects it for Odin so that the eventual beginning of Ragnarök may commence. Many a century has passed with her guarding Winter, though her role will soon end with the start of the second harsh Winter.
Weapon of Choice:Scythe
Resistance: Ice
Weakness: Dark

Last edited by Tatsuya on Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
Tatsuya
Tatsuya
Exodus

Grade : 7692
Charm : 141

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:54 pm

Can I reserve a spot? It sounds interesting. I wanna make one, but I'm busy at the moment. D:
I'll try to have it over the weekend.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Grade : 17820
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:26 pm

@ Tatsuya:

lol, I've got a reaper character that mirrors that very closely except its electric element, different unique move and more magic based than offense.

I month ago i added equipable weapons to the game (before you just had to imagine) and they have properties such as elements, status effects, debuffs when they hit someone. Our other reaper's scythe has a small chance of instant death if it hits, for example.

As for your unique move, it's doable. If I was able to properly encorporate landmines and firewalls as defensive moves I can certainly do that.

But uh... I'll hold off judgement for now. There are at least 2 slots for characters in this topic.
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatsuya Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:32 pm

Metal Rabbit wrote:@ Tatsuya:

lol, I've got a reaper character that mirrors that very closely except its electric element, different unique move and more magic based than offense.

I month ago i added equipable weapons to the game (before you just had to imagine) and they have properties such as elements, status effects, debuffs when they hit someone. Our other reaper's scythe has a small chance of instant death if it hits, for example.

As for your unique move, it's doable. If I was able to properly encorporate landmines and firewalls as defensive moves I can certainly do that.

But uh... I'll hold off judgement for now. There are at least 2 slots for characters in this topic.

Alright, thanks for the heads up on that, you got no problems with me making another one and keeping it under wraps in case if that one gets the axe sometime later?
Tatsuya
Tatsuya
Exodus

Grade : 7692
Charm : 141

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:02 pm

Well the reaper we have is a character based off my friend IRL, those guys are there to stay. I can have two as long as they are noticebly different.

I mean, I have... 4 or 5 male characters who just fight with melee skills. Thats not including hybrids or ranged people either.
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by usogami Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:03 pm

may i also reserve a slot?
usogami
usogami
God General
God General

Grade : 6073
Charm : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:36 pm

Well the point is to submit character designs and I pick my favorites out of them.

I pick as many as I have available spots.
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by usogami Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:35 pm

-haruko renka
-female
-potion maker
-magic and speed good
-magic defense and hp normal
-strength and defense bad
-support magical
-midnight fairy- drinks a potion that does various things like extra speed, recover hp, decrease casting time, etc. o, and she gets fairy wings ^^

-a cute girl who just wants to be rescued by her prince in shining armor when she was young and learned much about healing magic cuz she wants to heal her prince when he saves her (cuz they usually end up in a big battle right b4 saving a princess in the stories). This fantasy continues until it actually happens; she was kidnapped and imprisioned by an evil person and decided that it did not feel as great as she once thought, and thus learned how to use her previously good healing magic in an offensive style leading to her escape. and now here she is, searching for her prince instead of waiting any longer.(she read a story that had a prince captured and a princess rescuing him after she got out)

-potions and flowers- cuz its pretty and magical
-weak to physical and ice, strong against debuffs and earth

she is a bit of an air head, but yea. comedic relief. think a mix of ling xaioyu from tekken, xianghua from soul calibur, and/or evergreen from fairy tail.
usogami
usogami
God General
God General

Grade : 6073
Charm : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:58 am

-First and Last name: Christopher Elias

-Male

-Class/job: Vampire Hunter/Priest

-Stat distribution: High power and speed, balanced in other areas

-Fighting style: Attack/physical, with a little bit of support and magic

-Unique move: Retribution: Returns half the damage a single enemy has inflicted upon itself. If the enemy hasn't attacked yet, they will receive no damage. If the enemy used a debuff or status effect spell/attack, it will turn it back onto them. If the move is not used and the enemy keeps attacking, the damage is accumulated.

-Backstory: Christopher's parents were killed by the creatures of the night, and since then, he has vowed to hunt them until there remain none. He strengthened his faith and learned the arts of combat and vampire hunting, and has since been fighting the creatures of the night, saving thousands of innocent people from their icy grip.

-Personality: Christopher has rock hard confidence, and for good reason: he has uncanny fighting ability. Nothing has been able to defeat him since the start of his career, and he believes nothing ever will, but he's not ridiculously overconfident; he knows when to stop, and it doesn't impair his judgement any. Though underneath his cocky attitude is a heart of gold, and he is always ready to help others in need. He's not disrespectful to his fellow humans and doesn't act cocky towards them, just when he confronts the creatures of the night. Unless they're evil, in which case, they're no different from the creatures of the night. His optimistic, intense and energetic attitude is always a reassurance.

His catchphrases are:

"You can't beat me!" (when confronted with a powerful opponent [who may or may not make a boast])
"You think so!" (when his opponent makes a boast)
"You caught me off-guard!" (when hit)
"That's it!" (when his job is done)

-Weapon: Martial arts (mostly kicking and some wrestling throws), Golden Cross, Holy Water (implemented as one if possible, if not then just the first one)

-Weakness: Dark
-Resistance: Light

Did I do it right?!
Nightmare
Nightmare
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Grade : 6449
Charm : 214

http://www.pingas.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:19 am

-Clatter
-Genderless. looks and behaves like a male
-wood and metal construct
HP- pretty good
strength- ok i guess
defense- mediocre
magic- none
magic defense- very good we're talkin' almost immune
speed- spastic
-fighting style- clunky unpredictable movements. basically hand to hand combat that takes advantage of irregular joints.
-unique move- temporarily gains control of high magic ability and fires off an energy beam.
-personality/backstory- A pile of junk parts that was animated by some poorly disposed of magical potions. he is very poorly constructed phisically but because of his magical origins has an extremely high resistance to most types of magic. Personality wise he literally has a screw loose and can be quite unpredictable, switching between personalities and voices like a broken television. his asymmetrical parts don't line up correctly so when he fights his opponents are often taken aback by sudden changes in his reach and joint movements. cant use magic at all but if knocked about in just the right way he can do a critical/finisher magic beam.
-weapon- none
-weakness- physical and maybe fire
-resistance- a little bit of everything if possible/ electric and maybe a status resistance

not good with balancing but hopefully the character idea is worthwhile
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Grade : 10087
Charm : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:58 am

I like what I see so far.

There isn't any real deadline for this though because I still have alot of work to get done on this game anyway.
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:17 am

edited character in
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29918
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:46 pm

6 entries so far, and 2 of them I REALLY like. Not telling which ones yet though .>.

There will be 4 slots total, and its unlikely to change unless I think others are better than my characters.

(and thanks for contributing so far, everyone)
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:16 pm

-First and Last name
Neona Zila

-Male/female
Female

-Class/job
Assassin/Mercenary

-stat distribution
Great Strength and speed, average magic def, magic and defense, terrible HP and magic defense.

-fighting style
Physical attack with a touch of dark magic, likes to attack from behind and trip the opponent.

-unique move
New Moon Shadow
Turns everything dark with dark magic, then Uses lightning speed to move incredibly fast, to attack her opponent
everywhere at once. After a flurry of extremely powerful blows she stabs the opponent in the back with both
swords then tosses them up and around to slam their head in the ground.

-personality/backstory
She has a very cold and aggressive personality. She prefers to do things secretly, but brutally. She grew up around alot
of violence and witnessed alot of murders, and grew accustomed to it. She prefers to stay alone, she hates getting close
to people. When she does come in contact with people, she normally acts very cold, and talks with as little words as
possible, but she does have the tendency to talk very loud when she gets irritated. She loves her job, and will often
take on many jobs/requests at once, some even without payment, but finishes them quickly and efficiently. She
almost never smiles. She does however like to enjoy and relax on nights of new and full moons.

-weapon
Dual scimitars, both with purple and red ribbons on the handles, and pictures of crescent moons carved into the blades.

-weakness/resistance
Weakness: Light
Resistance: Dark

did i do it right?
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:17 pm

I forgot to say that I've just encorporated combos into the battle system. A character gains points when they hit someone or take damage (or fall into a trap). They spend all their points when they have enough and use an undodgable chain of attack.

Mmm, point being your special move Kilvas would work best as a combo. I dont have enough physical females. They're all magic or mixed and the mixed ones tend to suck. How about I give it a special move that grants immunity from attacks until you attack or get hit by a light spell? It works with the shadows and its very ninja.
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:01 pm

Metal Rabbit wrote:I forgot to say that I've just encorporated combos into the battle system. A character gains points when they hit someone or take damage (or fall into a trap). They spend all their points when they have enough and use an undodgable chain of attack.

Mmm, point being your special move Kilvas would work best as a combo. I dont have enough physical females. They're all magic or mixed and the mixed ones tend to suck. How about I give it a special move that grants immunity from attacks until you attack or get hit by a light spell? It works with the shadows and its very ninja.
Cool, sounds fine with me. And If/when you ever need a pic of her, let me know. Lol.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:15 am

Metal Rabbit wrote:I forgot to say that I've just encorporated combos into the battle system. A character gains points when they hit someone or take damage (or fall into a trap). They spend all their points when they have enough and use an undodgable chain of attack.

So you can incorporate the cross and etc. into my character now?
Nightmare
Nightmare
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:58 am

Yeah, I could add a light element attack with the cross but otherwise you're a fighter.

I can only use so much for your special move without it being broken though.
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:59 am

Yeah that's what I intended.

And that's alright, the balance is all up to you.
Nightmare
Nightmare
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:33 am

-Hank Jones
-Male
-Zombie Cowboy

-HP - High
-Strength - Medium
-Defense - Medium High
-Magic - Low
-Magic defense - Medium
-Speed - Medium Low
-Ranged/Attack

- You Gotta Shoot Em In The Head - Hank takes aim for one turn at an enemy, his defense rises for that turn while taking aim. When his next turn rolls around his attack and accuracy double, doing an automatic critical hit. ((Fix it to how the gameplay is gonna be, I assumed it was turn base.))

- Hank realized one day, that he was a zombie. He wasn't sure how it happened, or where he had come from before, but he decided to wander some more. For as long as he's been aware, he's been wandering for 100 years, though he can't remember why, or where he came from. His mind is flaky, and often he forgets people, places, names, or what he just did. Often he'll find himself next to a dead body and forget that he was even the one who killed the person. He wears worn out clothes, covered in dirt, and it's sometimes hard to tell if a part of his outfit is clothes at all, or if it's just his decaying flesh. His unique article of clothing is a large cowboy hat, he never takes off. He claims it helps him to remember things, and refers to it sometimes as his brain. "Hold on, I gotta put my brain on." He has a raspy voice and likes to spout one liners over the people he had just killed, if he remembers doing it.
-weapon: A Crossbow. He also holds a small knife on his side, but often forgets that it's there.
-Resistance: Physical
-Immunity: Status effects
-Weaknesses: Light, Fire

One liners:
"...Eh? Huh? Oh..Was that me? Where am I?" -After kill
"Heh. Don't lose your head!" - After 'You gotta shoot em in the head' tech.
"Ow. That hurts! ...What hurts? Who are you?!" - After getting hit with a weakness
"Haha! Hey, don't worry, I've been there before, it's not that bad. I think..." -After kill
"I may be a zombie, but I....Uh.....huh?"
"Hey, it's happened before, it can't be THAT bad. Ow...." -On death
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Grade : 21655
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:09 pm

hahaha...

I have a zombie from my first game. I also have a cowboy from my 2nd. With the exception of a crossbow for a weapon and the headshot thing (which would be easy to do if I decided to pick this one) he plays exactly like those two since they're physical fighters.

Not to deny creativity on your part : 3
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum