Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 new playable characters confirmed

5 posters

Go down

2 new playable characters confirmed Empty 2 new playable characters confirmed

Post by Rise: The Game Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:30 pm

Hubert and er....i need to brush up on my japanese. Directly written her name says "Sheria"
2 new playable characters confirmed 8y59ao
Glad to see that Sheria ISNT a Claire(tales of rebirth, love interest of MC who isnt playable, just walks around and gets in the way the whole time) like the previous PVs made her look to be. Now the question is if:
A.Will there be an affection system to let Asbel pick between Sophie or Sheria?
B.Or will Sheria be the default love interest? The PVs showed as if She was close to Asbel, where as for sophie, he was just trying to save her from the machines.

Im guessing that since they have the "style change" system in graces, that Sheria will be Healer and Mage, where Hubert looks like hes a Magic Knight jade-esque character.
Rise: The Game
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29918
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

2 new playable characters confirmed Empty Re: 2 new playable characters confirmed

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:48 pm

Well, the games developers and such have labeled Sophie as "The female protagonist." So tradition would hold that she would be the love interest.

However, they might be switching it up and have someone other than the two main characters getting it on. But that's too unique and intuitive for them to do.

So I'm hoping that this indeed indicates some sort of affection system. Perhaps Sophie is instead a long lost sister of Asbel. Seeing as their hair is the same color. (Purple.)

However if that's true, and I guessed that plotpoint before the game was even finished with their development time, then that would be very dissappointing. Almost so dissappointing, that I wouldn't be upset that they didn't release it in the states. Almost. They still better, or else I'm writing a nasty letter to namco. And nintendo. I doubt that they have anything to do with releasing it, but Nintendo needs a good angry letter to get them back on track.

Eidt: also, Hubert LOOKS cool. But with a name like Hubert......

Well I hope that they change it when it comes to the states. Not that they will. It could only be a stupider name if they named him something like.....I can't even think of a stupider name.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21655
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

2 new playable characters confirmed Empty Re: 2 new playable characters confirmed

Post by Rise: The Game Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:10 pm

Mufasa wrote:Well, the games developers and such have labeled Sophie as "The female protagonist." So tradition would hold that she would be the love interest.

However, they might be switching it up and have someone other than the two main characters getting it on. But that's too unique and intuitive for them to do.

So I'm hoping that this indeed indicates some sort of affection system. Perhaps Sophie is instead a long lost sister of Asbel. Seeing as their hair is the same color. (Purple.)

However if that's true, and I guessed that plotpoint before the game was even finished with their development time, then that would be very dissappointing. Almost so dissappointing, that I wouldn't be upset that they didn't release it in the states. Almost. They still better, or else I'm writing a nasty letter to namco. And nintendo. I doubt that they have anything to do with releasing it, but Nintendo needs a good angry letter to get them back on track.

Eidt: also, Hubert LOOKS cool. But with a name like Hubert......

Well I hope that they change it when it comes to the states. Not that they will. It could only be a stupider name if they named him something like.....I can't even think of a stupider name
Ruca in innocence wasnt in love with Iria.

Dont think like that, or they will obviously make something worse.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:21 pm

-Nevermind then.

Still. I think that an affection system is one of the best ideas in all gaming. They should add it more often. So I'm hoping that that is the case.

-I doubt they could come up with something worse than Hubert. To make it better for myself, Imma call him Hubey Doobey from now on.

The only name I could imagine that's worse than Hubert, is Dennis.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddie-ous Individual Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:50 pm

Hubert totally has a Jade look to him. Maybe it's the glasses, idk..

I'm getting psyched for this one the most.
Teddie-ous Individual
Teddie-ous Individual
Angel
Angel

Grade : 5686
Charm : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:15 pm

Lelouch vi Britannia wrote:Hubert totally has a Jade look to him. Maybe it's the glasses, idk..

Don't get too excited. There's still no word on an American release date. And considering namco's latest dicking us over recently, I'd say it's a coin toss on whether or not there will be an American release date. meh
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:16 pm

Mufasa wrote:
Lelouch vi Britannia wrote:Hubert totally has a Jade look to him. Maybe it's the glasses, idk..

Don't get too excited. There's still no word on an American release date. And considering namco's latest dicking us over recently, I'd say it's a coin toss on whether or not there will be an American release date. meh
Freeloader says hi. costs 20 bucks. just sayin.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:22 pm

Carl Clover wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

I still can't read japanese.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:33 pm

Mufasa wrote:
Carl Clover wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

I still can't read japanese.
Wont impact your playing the game. Theres translation guides everywhere. Theres game skits so you can understand the story. So either stick with that, or dont complain about it coming to america when you have the means to play it.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:48 pm

Yes but some would prefer to be able to play it in english, I don't mind cause I can understand or translate what I don't.

Side note about this is I think they have mentioned this game being released for the US.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12467
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddie-ous Individual Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:31 pm

http://aselia.wikia.com/wiki/Tales_of_Graces

# Shelia Barnes, the granddaughter of Asbel's butler, Frederick, she holds feelings for Asbel somewhat, but refuses to tell him.
# Hubert Oswell, Asbel's younger but more serious brother who is a major in the military.

0.o

Asbel LHANT and Hubert OSWELL: BS, half brothers, or WTF?
Teddie-ous Individual
Teddie-ous Individual
Angel
Angel

Grade : 5686
Charm : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:56 pm

So let's get this straight:

We've got Asbel.

Then we have Asbel's youger brother as I like to call him: Hubey Doobey. (How can you name one of your kids something as unique as 'Asbel' and then name your other kid something as stupid as 'Hubert'?)

Then we have Shelia, who is related to Asbel because her grandad was a servant to Asbel's grandad.

And then we have Sophie, who if I am correct in my theory, is Asbel's (And apparently Hubey Doobey's) long lost sister.

All we need now is a Mother-sister for Asbel, and some old guy with a shotgun and we have ourselves a hillbilly Tales game.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Universe Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:38 pm

Mufasa wrote:The only name I could imagine that's worse than Hubert, is Dennis.

Dennis is a fucking awesome name.

Mufasa wrote:And then we have Sophie, who if I am correct in my theory, is Asbel's (And apparently Hubey Doobey's) long lost sister.

I don't see what possible proof you have for that theory...I mean other then the hair thing...

And if we went by hair color alone then that would mean Jade and Tear are related, as well as every FE Lord being some how related as well.

Also...I didn't really notice Asbel's hair being Purple...it looks more brown-ish to me.

And on a final note, A Hill Billy Tales game would be like...the fucking greatest idea ever.
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Grade : 8310
Charm : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:52 am

TLS wrote:
Mufasa wrote:The only name I could imagine that's worse than Hubert, is Dennis.

Dennis is a fucking awesome name.

Mufasa wrote:And then we have Sophie, who if I am correct in my theory, is Asbel's (And apparently Hubey Doobey's) long lost sister.

I don't see what possible proof you have for that theory...I mean other then the hair thing...

And if we went by hair color alone then that would mean Jade and Tear are related, as well as every FE Lord being some how related as well.

Also...I didn't really notice Asbel's hair being Purple...it looks more brown-ish to me.

And on a final note, A Hill Billy Tales game would be like...the fucking greatest idea ever.

I see it already for an opening battle quote:

GET ER DOOOOOOOOONE!

On topic, Asbel' hair isnt NEARLY as purple as sophie, and I doubt they're related. and if they are, then unless asbel gets some hot shelia ass, then FUCK YOU GRACES.

Edit:Tales of innocence has an old guy with a shotgun : D
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:00 am

But did it have a sister mother?

Lol. larry the cable guy SUCKS.

But he is a hill billy. So I'll accept that. I REALLY hope that Sophie isn't. But it would be really sad if I predicted that and was correct about it so early. .___.

And no. Dennis is NOT an awesome name. Dennis is a stupid name. Worse than fucking Hubert.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:07 am

Mufasa wrote:But did it have a sister mother?

Lol. larry the cable guy SUCKS.

But he is a hill billy. So I'll accept that. I REALLY hope that Sophie isn't. But it would be really sad if I predicted that and was correct about it so early. .___.

And no. Dennis is NOT an awesome name. Dennis is a stupid name. Worse than fucking Hubert.

Left4Dead2 has a hillbilly teenager. Hes awesome.

On topic:I swear if Sophie is asbels sister, im serious, unless they give 100% BLATANT signs that he got laid with Shelia, MULTIPLE times, only then will I forgive it.

Or if for some god knows what reason, a jesus team of Lloyd Irving,Raven,Jade and Yuri lowell show up in Graces.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:19 am

Well, Left4Dead2 is not the same as Tales games.

And yeah. The Sophie sister thing would be the worst, most predictable plot twist since all the God generals came back to life.

And I'm still hoping for an affection system.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:21 am

Mufasa wrote:Well, Left4Dead2 is not the same as Tales games.

And yeah. The Sophie sister thing would be the worst, most predictable plot twist since all the God generals came back to life.

I wish life had an affection system D:
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:27 am

Carl Clover wrote:

It HAS an affection system. The problem is that there's no guide for it. .____.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:34 am

Mufasa wrote:
Carl Clover wrote:

It HAS an affection system. The problem is that there's no guide for it. .____.

Sadface, no wonder I fail at life.

So yeah, now i cant shake the fact taht they may pull a "Im ur sister" or better yet, "A person who has a unholy power that will bring destruction" yeah that hasnt been used at all.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:40 am

Well, in every Tales games (at least the one's I've played) there's a traitor.
Spoiler:
So there's probably gonna be one in Graces too. However, they could redeem the repetitiveness if it was someone like Hubey Doobey. That way the emphasis is not on: "OMG! OUR FRIEND BETRAYED US!" and the emphasis is more on: "NO! MY BROTHER BETRAYED US! WHY!?!?!?"

Plus, it would be very satisfying to beat the crap out of a guy named Hubert.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:19 am

Mufasa wrote:Well, in every Tales games (at least the one's I've played) there's a traitor.
Spoiler:
So there's probably gonna be one in Graces too. However, they could redeem the repetitiveness if it was someone like Hubey Doobey. That way the emphasis is not on: "OMG! OUR FRIEND BETRAYED US!" and the emphasis is more on: "NO! MY BROTHER BETRAYED US! WHY!?!?!?"

Plus, it would be very satisfying to beat the crap out of a guy named Hubert.

No betrayl in:
Destiny 2
Eternia
Phantasia
Tempest
Innocence
Rebirth
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:32 pm

OH WHATEVER.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Universe Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:50 pm

Mufasa wrote:OH WHATEVER.

Dennis is still an awesome name.
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Grade : 8310
Charm : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down