Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fable I & II

5 posters

Go down

Fable I & II Empty Fable I & II

Post by Toriko Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:31 pm

this is another great series microsoft has on the xbox and 360, the first one had a lot of interesting quests. then when the second one came out I loved how they changed the casting magic system and their variety of weapons and you get a doggy with you THAT ACTUALLY KILLS THINGS and also helps you get chicks. The DLC they came out with is also amazing, the island you get to go to and the new items and exp is also sweet.
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Hearts
Grade : 7874
Charm : -221

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/firesword219

Back to top Go down

Fable I & II Empty Re: Fable I & II

Post by Rozencrutz Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:15 am

I like playing this game every so often its not that bad of a game.

I try to focus on one skill branch to get a challenge out of the game.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12473
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatsuya Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:20 pm

Somethings wrong when I can beat a console game 4 times in one day non stop. In other words I'm bitching at the fact that the main story of Fable 1 could be beaten in roughly five and a half hours. I was expecting more from the game, such as lenght. However, I didn't mind the story all that much. Though the five and a half hour game and the last good or evil decision effecting the entire storyline didn't go over well with me. At least KotOR had lenght.
Tatsuya
Tatsuya
Exodus

Grade : 7698
Charm : 141

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:25 pm

well fable II WAS A SEQUEL
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Hearts
Grade : 7874
Charm : -221

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/firesword219

Back to top Go down

Post by The Monkey King Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:33 am

Just cause something is a sequel does not justify for something being short... lol look at all the Final Fantasies they're on double digits and they're really effing long games. Also Fable is supposed to be a sandbox game where you do whatever the fuck you want to. who cares about story, when you can do whatever you want. (although that's still just a facade because you CAN'T KILL CHILDREN.)
The Monkey King
The Monkey King
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 6962
Charm : 147

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:44 am

They didn't have the killing children because they didn't want to get all the fire they would be taking from parents over this.

And also as he said its a sandbox style game so story isn't the biggest deal.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12473
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by The Monkey King Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:47 am

I'm just being retarded because all the sandbox games these days say you can do anything you want but really you can't... and on that note why can't i marry my dog?! huh?
The Monkey King
The Monkey King
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 6962
Charm : 147

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:20 am

Zero Punctuation.

Anyway, I haven't played Fable, but sandbox games have to be within SOME limits. Killing children is a no no cause of the ethical thing. That's why you never see anyone with kids in GTA4.

Fallout 3 has a pretty good sandbox. Lots of places to explore for good stuff. And although you can't kill the kids, you can still shoot them and slash at em. It just doesn't do anything to them but make em hostile. And everyone around you hostile.

It's impossible to have complete freedom in a game, just like it's impossible to have complete freedom in life.

As for the short story aspect, that works in some games, but not in a game like Fable. Baldur's Gate 2 had one of the best story structures I've ever seen. There's the main plot that will take you all across the whole map, and then there's a 100 or so sidequests, all of them just as developed as the main quest. THAT'S a game with good story, where you can stray off the story and actually find some more interesting stuff. From what I've heard about Fable, the main story lasts about 2 hours, and there's not much else around to work on aside from: "Go here, kill this, bring back a body part."

Though I've always been interested in the game, I feel that I might just be disappointed.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21661
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down