Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't think there's ever been a game that promotes cannibalism quite like this one:

2 posters

Go down

I don't think there's ever been a game that promotes cannibalism quite like this one: Empty I don't think there's ever been a game that promotes cannibalism quite like this one:

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:14 am

Prototype.

You play as Alex Mercer, another generic emo main character for another gritty emo game. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game, but I'm getting kinda tired of games that take themselves too seriously like that. Fallout 3 and Madworld showed me that video games can still genuine fun all around, rather than it focusing on the gameplay, and the plot is so deppressing that you feel like eating someone.

But speaking of eating people, Prototype does focus on that a lot. You eat people to heal, you eat them to gain certain upgrades, the missions usually require you to eat certain characters, and there's even a gameplay mechanic where if you want to find more out about the plot, you have to eat random people on the city of new york.

Mind you, eating people isn't the only thing you do. The gameplay is actually extremely varried and intuitive. You level up in a system of "upgrades". You gain EXP from various side missions, killing enemies, doing missions, etc etc etc, but you have to choose which upgrade you want to pick yourself. Movement is probably the most important, cause when you get surrounded by military personel, it helps to be able to run faster then they can, and then hide behind a building and eat someone to take their appearance.

However, in the combat, you can either use your generic martial arts combat: "The way of the fist." Or you can transform your arm into one of the following: Claws, Giant hammers, regular fists that act like normal martial arts, a Sword, or my personal favorite: EXTENEDOOOO TENTACLE!!!!

And even when all those fail, you can still steal a gun from one of the military personel by eating them and picking up their weapon. You can also highjack helicopters and Tanks if needed. And if all that fails, you can always take the appearance of a military dude, and accuse one of them of being you in disguise. Then all the other people with guns point them at that guy, while he cowers in fear for his life, and then he gets turned into a bullet sandwhich.

Overall, it's got the plot of if you combined Fear, The Hulk, and L4D, the world of GTA4 (Just the one cool island) and unique gameplay. At least I think it's unique. I've never played anything quite like it. And I've never heard of a game where you can get around by shooting blood out of your wrists and ankles in order to fly.

My only problem is the plot. I just wish it could be a little more light hearted. At least have someone smile sometime without having the urge to murder someone behind it. I think this could be remedied by changing the main character. Rather than having him be a gritty emo jerk on a quest for vengence, have him be a wise cracking cheesy super hero wannabe, just wanting to know what the hell was going on.

Though, I guess it would be hard to stay cheerful if you ate people all the time.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21661
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

I don't think there's ever been a game that promotes cannibalism quite like this one: Empty Re: I don't think there's ever been a game that promotes cannibalism quite like this one:

Post by Tatsuya Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:30 pm

my friends gave him the nickname of "Emo Peter Pan"
Tatsuya
Tatsuya
Exodus

Grade : 7698
Charm : 141

Back to top Go down