Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro, All Too Pro

5 posters

Go down

Pro, All Too Pro Empty Pro, All Too Pro

Post by Nightmare Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:51 am

Continuing from this topic, here we make a group story.

The rules? The first person who posts gets to make a day with certain events happening in it, with the story being in first-person. Everyone else will follow that day where necessary, and deviate from it if they want to, when possible.

For example, I make a day and in that day I meet Masu and Lyle and drink tea with them. When Masu posts next, that one event must also happen in his story, except from his vision. If I don't have Masu in all the other parts of my day, then Masu can do what he wants with those parts (except meet me, of course). Writing in first-person, if you don't know, means that the story will be narrated by the person experiencing it (i.e. I will be telling my own story, from my vision, Masu from his, and so on and so forth).

About making days, we'll be taking turns so to make this thing fair. Here, I've even prepared a list of people to make days (which will be updated as more participants join):

Nightmare (posted first)
TLS (second)
Catbread (don't ignore, not absent any more)
Masu
Emerald Jealousy

The next person who has to post their version of the day is the person who comes after the one who made the day. This is so stories don't contradict each other. A day ends when there are no more versions to be posted. Only one day per day (who would've thought).

If you want to participate, use the topic I linked to above (with the format inside, or a similar one).

UPDATE
NEW RULES:

-Post your day within one week. If you have a plausible explanation (even "writer's block" will do for this kind of thing) then you can delay it more. If you don't think you can write it any time soon, then you may pass, but you're not forced to.

-There are virtually no limits to what your story (and your "character") can be like.

-Dividing your day with times is cool, but you're not forced to do it, especially not the way I do (unless you deliberately want it to be at the same time as another event).

Last edited by Nightmare on Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:56 am; edited 6 times in total
Nightmare
Nightmare
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Grade : 6464
Charm : 214

http://www.pingas.com

Back to top Go down

Pro, All Too Pro Empty Re: Pro, All Too Pro

Post by Rise: The Game Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:20 am

sounds good
Rise: The Game
Rise: The Game
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29933
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Universe Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:22 am

Coolio, I'll post mine after Night.
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Grade : 8325
Charm : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:37 pm

Day One
Chapter Nightmare (Introduction)

6:00 AM to 8:30 AM

Waking up as I do normally each day, I step out of bed, feeling the soft silken covers, and head towards the bathroom to do my daily routine, which consists of cleaning my teeth and mouth thoroughly, washing my face and hands and grooming my hair. I change into my usual clothes afterwards; black all over and a flowing cloak which covers my whole body most of the time. This is when I step out to eat breakfast, my boots clacking on the brilliant polished marble of the mansion.

I am Nightmare. I am a lord living outside of town in a secluded mansion. My tactics and wits have brought me much fame and fortune, but the one thing I cannot truly defeat still lives on, no matter how famous or rich I am. It is within in me. It is myself, my greatest enemy that I have never been able to permanently defeat, but which I try my very best to, every living day of my life. It is indeed ironic that the one I love so much (that is myself) has to be so. But sometimes I have found that not giving it enough attention is just what it needs to be defeated...and so, I sit upon the chair which was pulled for me by my butler. Breakfast is glorious as always. I eat much, for it is the most important meal of the day, and I will need to be in top shape at all times, mentally, physically, spiritually.

I have about half an hour to leave. This is the time I take to plan out how I am to face all the problems in my day, and I of course do this by just...not thinking about them. So I walk to the study where all my books are and choose one that is particularly engaging. Reading it for half an hour while drinking a cup of tea, it helps distract me from all that is going on that might in turn, distract me from the more important things in my life. When time is up, I quickly strut from my chair and walk outside of the mansion, into the front yard. Here, under a shade, my car is parked which I use to move about every day. Getting in, I turn it on and drive out of the yard on the parkway, passing by the large steel gates and into the dirt road outside. When the road ends, I turn right and towards the town where my office is situated, and where I do my work.

8:30 AM to 3 PM

It takes approximately half an hour to get to town. When I reach town, I go straight to the prosecutor's office building, where I park my car in the parking lot and proceed to my office. The hours I spent here are mostly uninteresting, as all I have to do is read different paperwork and file them away. Occasionally, I get some letters, or will need to write some, to others. For now, I have nothing work on, so the office becomes a dreary space which I will need to patiently endure until afternoon.

Though boring, time passes by quickly and lunchtime comes. I eat a quick meal and continue my paperwork for three more hours.

At 3 PM, I leave the office and go to the parking lot, towards my car which I will use to go back home.

3 PM to 9 PM

And it is at this moment that I get a call to my cellphone, from a friend of mine.

"Hello, TLS," I answer the phone.

"Yo Night. Come down to the cafe, we're all hanging out here and thought you might want to join in the fun," he tells me.

"Half an hour is all I will spare," I reply, and turn the phone off right after.

In my car, I get out of the parking lot and turn right. The cafe is near my office, so it takes no more than five minutes to reach it.

Inside, I see TLS, Masu and Catbread sitting at a table. I pull a chair out and sit with them, ordering a cup of coffee.

"So, any reason for bringing me here?" I ask.

"Not really, we were just hanging out," Masu says.

"I see," I say as I look about me.

The cafe is fairly large, but usually has only a few customers. I like this about it. Crowded areas are not very appealing to me, and if this place got crowded, it would lose the relaxing atmosphere it currently has. The dark, rich brown wood used all over and the warm lighting helps enhance the atmosphere much. All they serve here, at least all that I have ever ordered, is great. I won't bore you more with my musings, but suffice it to say, this cafe has always been a great place to relax and unwind after a hard day of work, and I usually come to it when I am working on something taxing.

Time is up and I leave quickly, with brief farewells, and to my mansion once more.

Inside there, all I do is read in the study until dinner is ready. Then, I will consume my meal and go back to the study once more, to read, and read, and read. Usually I pick less engaging books at this time. At the moment, I am reading about alchemy and its various forms in different cultures, which is quite interesting. The maids refill the pot as I drink the contents; I must have drank at least two pots by now!

9 PM to 10:30 PM

During this time, I only read until 10 PM, which is when I go to my bedroom and prepare to sleep. The days are long sometimes, often uneventful, sometimes interesting, rarely fun, mostly taxing, always fulfilling.

Story of my life.

End

Side-note: Just an introduction chapter, and sort of a guideline for you all to see how it's done. Sorry for being boring!

Last edited by Nightmare on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Nightmare
Nightmare
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:46 pm

I c
This is some decent writing

Okay I think I can do one of these

After TLS' of course
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12700
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:49 pm

Yeah there's really not much to it. Divide into hours (optional) and write from first-person.
Nightmare
Nightmare
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by The Universe Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:55 pm

I open up the fridge and have a tall boy, yeah.

Then I meet up with my friends, head out to the game again, we don't even really care who wins.

I head to the cafe to waste time with my allies, on the way I trip over a Random Rock.

I nuke Wisconsin then continues on my way.

3 PM to 9 PM

I sit at the cafe and sip my java.

"Oi TLS call Night-sensai" Masu said, hopped up on caffeine.

And so I did.

Night arrived soon after and we had a badass time.

I headed home and played Mother 3.
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:23 pm

I jump triumphantly out of my box.
"This looks like a job for-"
Then I fall out of the window.
"Dammit that's the ninth time this week!"
Climbing out of the dumpster and dodging around Masu, who is arm wrestling a hobo, I stumble my way to the bright city street, which is so bright I fall over.
"COFFEE" I mumble loudly to myself, indicating that I need coffee.
Then some coffee appears. I drink it and am on the Moon.

"Well the Moon is great and all, but I have to get back to Earth. I got a coffee appointment," I tell the Moon Villagers.
"We'll never forget how you saved us from those vultures, Mr. Waffle. You're welcome here anytime," Said the Moon Mayor, opening the door of the transport cabbage.
"Thanks. But why do you keep calling me that? That's not my-"
But it was too late. The cabbage had already entered the X Dimension.
I sighed forlornly and sat down on its floor. Why did they keep calling me that? It was almost as if-
No, it couldn't be-
I immediately look out the window, just in time to see Wisconsin explode.
"Just as the prophet said. I wonder...could this all be part of his plan!?"
But there was no time to ponder what had just happened, as the cabbage had landed in the middle of Main Street. I leave it and am immediately run over by several cars.

3 PM to 9 PM

I respawn in front of a hospital just in time to make it to the cafe. Masu and TLS were already there.
"Sorry I'm late guys, I had some stuff that needed doing," I explained to the chairs at an adjacent table.
Yeah then some guy showed up, he was kind of weird. I wasn't really paying attention by that point because I'd had 23 cups of espresso and I was seeing up to ten copies of everything.

At some point I left and flew back to my apartment.
"Well that was"
Then I fell asleep. I think that's everything.
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:36 am

I updated the master post with some new rules. Please read carrrrfully.
Nightmare
Nightmare
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:54 pm

Then, all of a sudden, without warning, Mufasa Stiggs bumped the topic, throwing the world itself into panic.

And before anyone could figure out who did the dastardly deed, the culprit was long gone.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21670
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:47 pm

Is that you saying you want to join
Nightmare
Nightmare
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:54 pm

I think we're going to have to arrest him first.
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Universe Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:41 pm

I'm up for it...if by arrest you mean hit with a shovel...

Also when are we gonna continue this?
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:25 am

Whenever people continue it. We take turns, remember?
Nightmare
Nightmare
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by The Universe Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:59 pm

Nightmare the Breaker wrote:Whenever people continue it. We take turns, remember?

Who's next?
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:31 am

Eric is. Toki Jesus Christ, look at the first post.
Nightmare
Nightmare
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down