Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Left 4 Dead: A Vital Struggle

+3
Rozencrutz
Rise: The Game
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
7 posters

Go down

Left 4 Dead: A Vital Struggle Empty Left 4 Dead: A Vital Struggle

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:26 pm

I wasn't sure where to put this. I think it belongs somewhere more epic than the video games board. So I'll put it here. Note: I may not be entirely accurate with all that happened. I was too busy having a heart attack. But the premise remains the same.

And I decided to write it as I would a story. Here goes:

“Alright. Let’s show these bitches how to really L4D” Masu said as he picked up his Uzi and health pack, leaving Rozen, myself and our seemingly slow and mute 4th member Vitality, to shoot zombies from the elevated platform on the start of the Dead Air campaign. We had just murdered the others as the infected, so we knew that the inevitable tank was going to arrive to kill us all.

“We’ll just have to do what we normally do when it comes to the tank.” I said, picking up my own Uzi and health pack, watching Vitality and Rozen take their places beside Masu as I went to the door and murdered the infected trying to flank my friends on the platform, like I always do.

“Yep. And if any of you get downed, Imma leave you behind.” Masu said. He jumped down off the platform, Rozen and Vitality instinctively followed him as I killed the last few remaining infected around the door and ran up to join them.

As always with Dead air, we dealt with the regular, Hunter, Boomer, Smoker and general infected that tried to stop us on our mass killing spree, but to no avail. As we neared the second building, we heard the familiar trumpeting of the tank music.

“Here it comes.” Rozen said. “I don’t suppose anyone has a molotov.”

“Nah.” Masu said. “Imma just run by it.”

“Same.” I said. That strategy normally only works for a few seconds before the people who ignored the tank get pounced or smokered. But we won the first match, and all we needed to do was make it past where the other team had gotten killed, which was a fairly easy task due to our impressive skills.

“GRAAARRRR!!!” The Tank roared as it approached us from within the building. Masu was bold enough to run right by the Tank itself, as I took the separate entrance and snuck behind it. As the Tank went by Rozen and Vitality, Rozen ducked into the building followed by Vitality.

“Holy Shit.” I said to myself. The next thing I knew, myself, Rozen and Masu were all at the final building, running down the stairs, our hearts beating in unison with the music of the Tank, indicating that it was still alive, and probably following us. Normally at this point, the three of us would have been huntered, boomered, smokered, or some combination of the three, but our senses were so heightened by the adrenaline pumping through our veins, that any attempt that a Hunter made to kill us, was instantly thwarted by the three of us unloading an entire clip’s worth of bullets into the hunter’s head.

“Jesus Christ....” Masu said as the three of us miraculously made it to the safe room, a feat 5 minutes ago we thought would be impossible. It was only then that we saw the little blip on our screen, indicating the location of 4th partner, Vitality, still lost in the final building as he held out on his own, against only God know’s what.

“That guy’s fucked.” Rozen said. The three of us felt little remorse however. The guy seemed slow and not as good a player as the rest of us. Hell, we made it past everything all on our own, where was this guy during all that? Of course, we didn’t expect him to give up. Possibly rage quit, but after a second or two, he started moving.

“Dude....If this guy makes it, he will be my hero.” Sure enough, much to our shock and awe, Vitality made it past all the infected, all the obstacles, and was only two feet away from the safe room when...

“KIYEAAA!!!!!” A hunter had been waiting for Vitality, just outside of the safe room, presumably to take care of us, should we be so foolish to step outside our safe haven. After brief hesitation, the three of us decided that we would be damned if we let a member of our team die. Especially one who fought so hard to get there, and was only a few feet away from joining us. Masu, Rozen and I all ran to the door. I kicked the door open, and Masu and Rozen blasted the Hunter with every bullet they had available, killing the hunter, and saving Vitality from certain death.

“Ohmihgawd!” Masu said, summing up our feelings of awe in the presence of Vitality, as he gave a thumbs up and starting limping into the safe room.

“FLEUGS!!” An all too familiar tongue wrapped itself around Vitality and started pulling him away from the safe room.

“NOOOOO!!!!” Masu and I cried in unison, charging headstrong out of the safe room in order to aid our now incapacitated comrade. Masu was inevitably boomered, which I managed to avoid, as he distracted the horde, while I made an attempt to bring Vitality to his feet. Rozen covered Masu as they were assaulted by the general infected.

I was having trouble trying to life Vitality up, when I spotted the smoker. Wanting revenge, and to keep myself safe from it’s prowess, I lifted my Uzi, ignoring Vitality’s predicament for a moment to blast the smoker to holy hell.

“WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT FOR?!?!” Masu yelled. I may have killed the smoker, but in my lack of restraint, I had also shot the car, setting off the alarm. Again we were assaulted by a generic horde, shooting them off each other as we ran around avoiding them. Vitality still laid on the ground, shooting the generics off him, and doing a fairly good job of doing so. We were almost finished with them, when we saw another familiar face. In his hand, a fairly large rock.

“GRAAAAARRRRR!!!” The Tank threw the rock at us, missing, but nevertheless striking fear into our hearts. Rozen and I made a mad dash for the saferoom. Vitality was a hero. No mistaking that. And we knew that he would agree, that in the current situation, the only choice would be to leave him behind. I even thought that Masu wouldn’t make it either, having spent a moment trying to revive Vitality while me and Rozen were already in the saferoom. He instead, dropped our 4th friend and tossed a molotov at the tank. Rozen and I figured he was done for. But he managed to open the saferoom door, and after a breif second of the tank running around in the saferoom, and Masu tricking him into going out. The three of us again, were all in the saferoom, while Vitality was outside, incapacitated. This time, a Tank was in the way.

“Holy shit.” We all said, at our own pace. Breathing heavily, our hearts beating so fast it sounded like a constant noise. We heard the tank outside as we tried to break the laws of physics by shooting it through the door and wall.

“Wait! Wait!” I attempted to listen, my heartbeat blocking my hearing. “I think it’s dead!” I desperately wanted to help Vitality while Rozen and Masu watched in silent horror, their cries of protest too late as I ran to open the door. Time itself stopped in order for me to feel fear and dread for what seemed like an eternity. My heart sank into my stomach. The tank roared in triumph. I spared no moment, and ran backwards, shooting the advancing tank. Masu ran out the door, while the tank knocked Rozen down. I ran around the room, screaming: “WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?! WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!?!” All our hope seemed lost. The Tank took a U-turn and went outside to take out Masu before he could revive Vitality. All too late of course. I ran over to Rozen, slammed the door shut and helped him to his feet. I re-opened the door to help our comrades fight the tank, and shot out the door.

“IT’S DEAD! IT’S DEAD!!” I heard Masu scream. He and Vitality were limping into the saferoom, a horde screeching in the backround, along with the cries of the respawning Hunter, Smoker and Boomer. All of which wanted to tear us apart. Vitality ran in. Masu followed behind him. I slammed the door shut. We had won.

The saferoom erupted in a cry of triumph. Louder than the tank itself. We had won an impossible match.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21661
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Left 4 Dead: A Vital Struggle Empty Re: Left 4 Dead: A Vital Struggle

Post by Rise: The Game Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:42 pm

Ah shit man. Just READING this got me pumped up. That was the greatest thing, to ever happen inn L4D.

EVER.
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29924
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:47 pm

It was so scary, and so pro at the same time.

There were just so many aspects of the story from so many different veiw points that it would be just as amazing to hear it all over again from someone else.

Imagine what Vitality thought? Running through half the stage on your own, then so close to living, you get huntered, then smokered, then down, then a tank shows up, then you LIVE THROUGH ALL OF IT?!?!

Amazing only begins to describe it. That's a 1 in a million event.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:48 pm

This makes me wish they had a record game option.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12473
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:52 pm

I wish. I WISH.

It literally felt like I was about to die when I opened the door for the Tank. It's also worth noting, that my mother, who was two floors above me, come down and scold me for being too loud.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:15 pm

I feel so unloved ;_;
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Grade : 7386
Charm : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:20 pm

This should be the advertisement for the game
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12691
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:23 pm

Maybe if you would show up more often. meh AND ON TIME.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:30 pm

Response Paper #4
School had just let out. I was in a good mood, ‘cuz Mrs. Smith let the class have an extra long recess ‘cuz it was Lottery day. We spent a lot of time finding cool rocks down by the brook. Me ‘n Bobby had a little contest between us to see who could get more cool stones. Harry Jones and Dickie Delacroix said Bobby won ‘cuz he got more, but my stones were bigger and shinier, so I think I won. We added our stones together in a pile to use later, but I kept my biggest and shiniest stone in my pocket. I could see some girls eyeing our stones, and one of them was Suzanne Sanders (we just call her Suzie), the girl I liked most. I tried to act cool by leaning on the rock pile, but I fell over when the adults started to gather in the town square. Soon it was too crowded for me to see Suzie, so I just stood around trying to listen to what the adults were talking about. I saw Bobby running away from his mum and towards the stone pile, but when his dad yelled at ‘im he straightened up right quick. I saw Mr. Summers come up to the square with the big black box that all the paper was in.
After some hustle and bustle, eventually the Lottery started up. As the names were called I walked around the crowd. I eventually ran into Suzie, who was just standing around. As things were coming to an end, I heard the crowd get h
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:32 pm

What?
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:39 pm

Mufasa wrote:What?
Seconded
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:42 pm

Catbread wrote:
Seconde
d
my teacher was going to turn off the computer before I could save ny work, and I copypastad it here in desperation
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:51 pm

hah nice
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:20 pm

Nowe wrote:
Catbread wrote:
Seconde
d
my teacher was going to turn off the computer before I could save ny work, and I copypastad it here in desperation

You have it saved yet? If not i can PM this to you so I can remove the post.
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29924
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:42 pm

Lol. Sweet Desu. That explains it.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:11 pm

Yea, got it printed and finished.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:45 pm

Bumped for great justice.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:45 pm

Why's this in General Discussion? Lol.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 17826
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:03 pm

Perhaps should be in Video game but its that epic
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12473
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:08 pm

Just a mistake I guess when making the topic.

I could move it, but I don't FEEL like it ATM. Lol.

*Moves it anyway.*
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kallen Kozuki Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:05 pm

I remember this it was hilarious