Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales Chronicles: No longer a Tales forum?

+4
Kilvas
Rise: The Game
SHSL Gang Leader
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tales Chronicles: No longer a Tales forum? Empty Tales Chronicles: No longer a Tales forum?

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:42 pm

This is an idea me and Masu (Masu and I) have been bumping around for a while. ((A 'while' = today, but we were both thinking about it at separate points.)) Seeing as we have about a whopping 4-5 people that are actually semi active in the Tales forums, and probably less than a dozen people who actually PLAY tales games, it seems kinda pointless to be based on Tales.

We'd still keep the name for sentimental purposes, and there would be a Tales forum for sure, but we're gonna become a sort of hybrid of Tales, Persona, etc etc etc, just whatever games me and Masu seem to fancy at the point and time we feel like changing the theme. Maybe even FE at some point when we get that bitter taste out of our mouths.

Basically, the only thing that would really change is that all the Tales topics would move to one single forum, and we'd have an extra 2 or 3 forums for other games.

Believe me, for the members that care, we've all tried several ways to make it work as a tales forum. From Princess's skits, to becoming syndicates with other tales forums, to even that time I begged people to join, and then I was shunned.

So that's the deal. For the 4-5 members that actually care, would you be terribly heartbroken if we changed to a forum that wasn't set to a specific Tales theme?
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21656
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Tales Chronicles: No longer a Tales forum? Empty Re: Tales Chronicles: No longer a Tales forum?

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:47 pm

Mufasa da Red Nosed Admin wrote:would you be terribly heartbroken if we changed to a forum that wasn't set to a specific Tales theme?
Nope
Your reasoning is 100% valid.

At first I was like "Yeah but the name might not work as good if it's not just a Tales forum"
But then I was like "Actually Tales Chronicles is a pretty decent name" so that's awwright
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12686
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

Tales Chronicles: No longer a Tales forum? Empty Re: Tales Chronicles: No longer a Tales forum?

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:48 pm

If newer members are troubled by the title, then we could just explain what happened and we wanted to keep it for sentimental value.

If we DO change the name, it wouldn't be until we found a name that was 100% suitable. And we'd spend at least a month discussing it.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:54 pm

Mufasa da Red Nosed Admin wrote:If we DO change the name, it wouldn't be until we found a name that was 100% suitable. And we'd spend at least a month discussing it.
yes

I have one question though

When exactly would these changes take place?
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12686
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:55 pm

Personally, im disappointed in how things turned out. Of course I wasnt expecting anything amazing like Abyssal Chronicles level or anything or Iselia wiki, but at the same time, even if we only had 30 members, that would be 27 more ppl i could talk with about Tales. (The other 3 being Desu, i can talk with him IRL, my sister who plays with me and Catbread when he gets the latest US tales release) But the problem is theres just nothing happening. Complete inactivity.

Now, when i say inactivity, i dont mean the forum itself (Right now but give it a few minutes and i will) but specifically the Tales sections. There is absolutely ZERO activity there. Heres the most active areas/threads (yes i know them off the top of my head.)

"What are you Listening to?"
"Blazblue Calamity Trigger/ContiuumShift"
"Left 4 Dead 2"
"Persona 4 RP"

Well yay. Now I DO mean the whole forum is inactive. While I dont really mind about the activity levels, since ppl DO have shit to do in life and such, its just a bit bothersome that I know for sure, that no one here actually cares about the forum itself, save the Staff (hence why they're staff), possibly Len,Bishop only because it kills time when he's bored at school, and he knows that I really want to see this place prosper. If shit were to happen and the forum were to close down say, in two days, ppl would just move on to the next forum they got linked to, and wouldnt utter a word about this place. And sorry if im being bitchy, but that SUCKS.

But yeah, I think its best we just give up on the tales theme and alternate the theme monthly either based on whats popular at the moment (IE Blazblue or Persona etc.). I'll post more when I decide the forum is worth my time (Hey, at least im spending my time on a Tales game. lol.)
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29919
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:57 pm

חתול לחם wrote:
Mufasa da Red Nosed Admin wrote:If we DO change the name, it wouldn't be until we found a name that was 100% suitable. And we'd spend at least a month discussing it.
yes

I have one question though

When exactly would these changes take place?

New years. Roll in the new year, with a new look/theme, and HOPEFULLY new people! (and possibly staff.)
NO NONE OF YOU GUYS ARE BEING REPLACED
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:59 pm

It is something I've noticed. When Roz/Len or Masu are gone, for whatever reason, (I dunno if it applies to myself as well.) it seems the forum activity drops to zero.

Like now, since Roz/Len are away, we got like 1 topic going every day.

I'm not expecting a forum to light the world on fire, and I like the fact that it's somewhat small, but we need members that will be active and contribute. Outside of Masu's RL friends, we got maybe 4 active people. Which is pretty much the staff.

So there's no purpose in having a staff forum, cause there's no one to see what we're doing. -_______-
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:09 am

God. Its so sad that its fucking true. Bishop and I were gone these past 3 days spending the weekend at our new bro' places (good shit) and Roz/Len are gone till next Friday, and besides "WHAT THE MOTHER FUCKING FUCK ARE YOU FUCKING LISTENING TO" and the current pub topic "L do you know" not shit has been posted in THREE FUCKING DAYS outside of Cat posting his long informative topic about Jewish holiday (which i felt bad while reading it, because i was thinking "No one is gonna look or post in this.) and i felt really really bad. And mad. When i got out of the shower yesterday and had the laptop for a few secs, I rush posted a synopsis of the shit going down in graces, to come back to nothing. At first i was like "Wow, no one cares about the new tales game that just came out?" My responses were the following:
"Well why the fuck am i surprised? No one gives a shit anyways."
"Well Im sure Len and Roz woulda posted, but they're gone, so i'll give it a week."
"Its a japanese game, I guess everyone runs away from them."
"OH WAIT I POSTED IN THE TALES FORUM AND EXPECTED PPL TO POST? LOL IM SO STUPID."

I then began to bash myself for 20 minutes.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:13 am

Well, it doesn't help that recent tales games seem to be kept from us in the master race country.

Even the Ps3 version of Vesperia isn't being localized yet. I would assume that that would boost some activity, but only from the 3 members that would be able to play it.

The graces localization issue was quite a blow.

If I could understand Japanese, I would get it.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:27 am

Also, it is slightly worrisome that no one seems to even post in here, other than the staff. In which case, we can say whatever we want about the members.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:43 am

Sorry, I tried to play more Tales games, but I don't have much money/time anymore...but alright. Fine by me I guess, it's your forum. Just let me know whenever you need/want a theme and I'll get to it.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 17821
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:32 pm

Yep. Its just solid proof that no one gives a shit. I'd close it but I wanna hear what RozLen think about it
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kallen Kozuki Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:05 pm

Wow I leave for about 5 days and the forum collapsed? Maybe I shouldn't leave to much anymore XD, also I return but Rozen is still unavailable, due to lots of review packets he has to complete for grades.
Kallen Kozuki
Kallen Kozuki
Exodus

Grade : 8717
Charm : 292

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:40 pm

I wouldn't say 'collapsed'. In order to collapse, there has to be something holding it up in the first place.

And it's not the fault of anyone who posted in this topic. In fact, by seeing who posts in this topic, it actually shows who actually cares about the forum. Roz being the exception, cause he would post if he were available.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:53 pm

Masu Claus wrote:Yep. Its just solid proof that no one gives a shit. I'd close it but I wanna hear what RozLen think about it
If I didn't care, I wouldn't have bothered helping with the theme and all that. Nor would I have posted earlier.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:16 pm

I think he was talking to me. When no one had really posted in the topic at all.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:17 pm

Mufasa da Red Nosed Admin wrote:I think he was talking to me. When no one had really posted in the topic at all.
Oh...nevermind then. Sorry. D:

Last edited by Christmas Pichu on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:21 pm

Lol. It's fine. No one that has posted in this topic are people we find irksome. At least not for this reason.

*Glares at Catbread.*
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kallen Kozuki Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:30 pm

Rozen would be fine with the expansion to other rpgs, it will probably help us in the long run anyways
Kallen Kozuki
Kallen Kozuki
Exodus

Grade : 8717
Charm : 292

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:42 pm

I was talking to Lyle kilvas. :/
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:15 am

Masu Claus wrote:I was talking to Lyle kilvas. :/
Yes, I know that now. :/
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:06 am

Okay so I got on too look at this since Len said it was important. Well doing the said change, does that mean we are going to change addresses and change the whole site or are we going to keep this one and just reconstruct it?

Also don't expect me on for the rest of the week.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12468
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:41 am

I think we're just going to adjust this one. It's just the Tales forums themselves that are deserted. The rest of the forum is relatively fine.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:55 am

So here's what I was thinking; We have Tales, Persona, and maybe Fire Emblem (since that was what brought us all together in the first place.) and then each month we have a forum dedicated to an anticipated game that's coming out that month. So it'll be 4 main forums in total on average. If there's more than one game that's being anticipated, then we'll have more than one.

When the month ends, we have that forum around lingering, so people can discuss it afterwards and as things wind down we eventually close it and move the topics to the video games section.

Lemme use an example:
Next month (January) No more heroes 2 and Mass Effect 2 come out. Since they're both anticipated games, we have forums for both of them. And since they come out late in the month, we have them still around for the first week or two of Feb too, whilst adding a new forum for a game coming out in Feb.

Then we wash, rinse, and repeat the process. We also change the theme to be those games for that month. If a game is popular enough, the forum stays as it is, and will be added to the Persona/FE/Tales group of forums.

Sound good?
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:29 pm

Yeah, sorry for not checking this, but I usually skip everything and only look at the General/Pub/Games sections.

Here's my input:
The main reason I never post in the the Tales Forum is because it's alllll the way down at the bottom. Also, there's just waaay to much Tales. I love the series, but I've only actually PLAYED Abyss, Symphonia, and Vesperia. The other ones are irrelevant to me, besides some of the characters who's designs I like. Switching the theme is fine with me, and I'd been thinking that for a while after I finished Vesperia, seeing as I posted a topic there like 2 months ago and nobody replied whatsoever.

As for WHAT the theme should be, I believe it should be the most popular game AT THE TIME. Switching to an "anticipated game" isn't that productive, because an anticipated game shouldn't have it's own forum due to the fact that there isn't much information for it to HAVE it's own forum. The game that should have it's own forum should be the game that we can talk the most about, which would likely be a game that most of us can play and find things out for (i.e. Blazblue, where I commonly post new findings like combos and strategies).
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Grade : 7381
Charm : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum