Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it possible to choose a favorite Tales character?

+3
usogami
Rise: The Game
Fondos Aquila
7 posters

Go down

Is it possible to choose a favorite Tales character? Empty Is it possible to choose a favorite Tales character?

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:40 pm

I don't think so. ITT, discuss your favorite Tales CharacterS. Give reasons why they're you favorite polx. You can write about as many people as you like.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Grade : 7381
Charm : 206

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to choose a favorite Tales character? Empty Re: Is it possible to choose a favorite Tales character?

Post by Rise: The Game Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:10 pm

Yeah theres so many likeable ones, Its borderline impossible to have an absolute favorite one, especially with new tales games coming out and such. I use to worship Genis (still do sorta) but then Vesperia was like "Hi." and YURI LOWELL AND RITA AND RAVEN AND KAROL came into existence. Anyways:

Current favorite is Karol Capel from vesperia. Hes one of the most real characters ive seen in the tales series. All the other young ones up to this point have always been fearless, child prodigies or powerful from the start (Genis,Arche,Suzu,Anise,Meredy etc)

TOV Spoilers ahead

Karol, on the other hand, starts off pathetic, weak, and cowardly. Even the the point where he abandons the party during a boss fight that they only win because the monster just leaves or someone else intervenes (i cant remember). Of course with the hard as rocks party you have at the moment (Yuri,Repede and Rita) they give Karol an earful over it, along with his love interest nan who also chews him out over being a sissy and running away from the fight. But the dotting housewife of the party Estelle tells everyone to forgive him yada yada yada you know how it goes if you've seen estelle.

Through the game Karol is seen on multiple occasions training on his own as everyone else is sleeping or off doing something else. He idolizes Don Whitehorse, the leader of the guild city Dhangrest, and falls into depression after he takes his own life in order to keep his end of a contract he made with another organization about halfway through the game. While Karol mopes around and sulks, Yuri scolds him telling him that despite the don died so recently, they still have shit to do, and tells him that he has has no second thoughts about leaving Karol behind from the group if he wants to keep moping around.

After these events when the party is searching for another way to get to an outside continent without an airship, the party stumbles upon a boss monster that uses the atmosphere to trap the entire party, but Yuri shoves Karol out of the way of the trap right before it finishes activating. They all tell Karol to escape and find Estelle, but Karol refuses to leave the party to die, and attempts to fight the monster alone. (yay, nothing like a survival boss fight D:<) After getting worn out, the monster goes to finish Karol off after knocking away his weapon as Karol dives for a sword that is stuck in the ground as the party tells him that its practically suicide. Despite that, Karol still goes for it as he tells himself he wont run away from his fears and wounds the monster enough to have its trap deactivate, and then the rest of the party joins and you actually get to kill the boss.

Thats why he's my favorite, because any normal 12 year old kid on an adventure where vicious monsters are jumping out of trees left and right would be scared as fuck. He slowly matures at a decent rate through the game where it isnt like "YO MY BALLS DROPPED OVER NIGHT!" nor is it so slow and subtle that you can barely tell. They even have his stat growth based on his maturity too, as he has a slow not so good growth rate during part 1 of the game, and it begins to increase through part 2 and peaks at the end of part 2 and the beginning of the final part of the game.
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29919
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to choose a favorite Tales character? Empty Re: Is it possible to choose a favorite Tales character?

Post by usogami Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:02 pm

tear- cuz shes a pretty female, who does not follow the stereotypical cleric/healer in other tales games. for example, the first scene she is in, she tries to assassinate someone. she is also decent in combat, cuz she uses long range throwing knives. and, fortunes arc.
usogami
usogami
God General
God General

Grade : 6074
Charm : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:39 am

My favorite character is also Karol, and mainly for the same reasons as Masu. He's definitely the most realistic character. And since I always liked kids and characters where I had to put in work to make them good, I really enjoyed Karol. Also, Karol is ridiculously fun(and funny) to play as in-game. Nothing as funny as seeing Karol running at the incredible speed of Mach 0.1 behind everyone else. What's even better is his attacks. He uses a huge weapon to make up for his lack of skill and size(to trick monsters into thinking he's bigger is what the in-game dialouge says). Because he's so small and unskilled, he can barely use his weapons. However, as he matures, he starts to be able to use it with incredible effeciency(and with Bravior equipped, he actually holds his weapon properly). He eventually grows to have to most devastating combos in the party, rivaling even Yuri.

Also, his skills/artes are made to take advantage of openings, just like a kid has to(I.E. doing more damage to downed enemies, knocking down enemies), unlike Yuri, who is an experienced swordsman who has already found his potential.

Another character I really like is Zelos, but he's for another time lol
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:51 am

Sheena. For lotsa reasons. She's almost my perfect woman.

The only flaw she has is that she's not real. ;_;
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21656
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:34 pm

Well I don't have one favorite, but I have a few I really like:

Genis: Magic is awesome. I've always loved magic-users in games. And cooking is also awesome. And I played as Genis ALOT way back when, both him and Sheena, I kinda grew attached.
Sheena: One of the very few female game/anime characters that I think is cool/tolerable. When I played ToS way back when I kinda looked up to her.
Jade: YAY GLASSES. Also yay magic. Very Happy He has an awesome personality, and I absolutely love his sense of humor. Both him and Dist are hilarious.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 17821
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:47 am

Zelos - He's amazing. Why? Because he's the Chosen, obviously. Not really. Zelos was Chosen to save the world, but he's not sweatin' about it. He's too awesome to worry.

The REAL reason I like Zelos is actually a bunch of little reasons... Here we go.
~ In battle, all of his sword slashes are really awesome, cuz he's bending all over the place and looking like some weird dancer, yet still rending people apart.
~ Not the face
~ His voice
~ He's HILARIOUS
~ He can get infinite items, JUST BY SPEAKING TO FEMALE CHARACTERS
~ He's got red hair
~ He has a pink outfit
~ Hell Pyre
~ Not Kratos
~ Zelos x Collette
~ Zelos x Raine
~ Zelos x Female(except Sheena. Cuz Sheena x Lloyd)
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:32 pm

I really do not have a single favorite.

Colette - cause I just kinda like Colette, just by the way she behaves and stuff

Rita - Yes Rita is freaking amazing, I am not going to do a full on rant as to why I like Rita.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12468
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:50 pm

I don't think ANYONE can have a single favorite tales character, which is what this topic is about XD. But I'll probs go on about Collete later myself <3
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:53 pm

It would take me a long time to find all my favorites
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12468
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:46 am

Genis Sage:

-he's a mage
-he wears blue
-he has silver hair
-he's a kid (love playing as children in RPGs and fighters lol Ken and Carl ftw)
-he likes presea, which is overly cute. The fact that they dont get together makes me wanna ENWHAIGUR
-he's MATURE for his age. I like mature kids (once again, like Ken and Carl)
despite their maturity, they still have childish tendencies and gestures thus making them seem real in the aspect that they want to be mature, but cant escape the fact that they are still children
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:17 pm

Lloyd Irving.

After listening to the soundtrack and thinking about Lloyd (no homo) I remembered how much I loved the guy.

Hes a block head. Thus, keeping him from losing his cool which is what i like. Lloyd just sets his eyes on the goal, and does what he can. He is an idealist, and a honest, straightfoward pure young man. Which is what I loved the most about Lloyd. He lets everyone know whats up, Unlike Yuri and Luke who tried keeping the party in the dark for some things (Dying cuz of some fomicry shit or being a vigilante killing off aristocrats while the party sleeps) which leads to his allies having 100% complete failth in him and whatever he does to the point of sacrificing themselves to ensure Lloyd can continue on, because they know he can do it.

Such a thing fills me with joy, and im not even Lloyd or any of his friends. Just seeing trust, faith and compassion for each other among the party thanks to Lloyd's influence (and of course the others deserve credit too) is really heart warming and motivating.

Lloyd Irving forever.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:19 pm

Hmm... I'll list my favs for each one I've played.

ToP: Arche cause she's cheerful and horny, and as she's freaking awesome in battle. Plus she lost her virginity at a young age :3

ToS: Tough one. I'd probably go with Lloyd for the same reasons other people listed.

ToTA: Jade hands down. He keeps the conversation interesting and he's probably the most badass party member other than Asch.

ToL: This is also hard, because I find all the characters annoying =_=
I'll just go with senel because I like playing as a fighter rather than a swordsman.

ToD2: Haven't played enough of it unfortunately...
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 8656
Charm : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum