Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have a dilemma

5 posters

Go down

I have a dilemma Empty I have a dilemma

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun May 09, 2010 10:36 am

So, I promised myself that for my graduation from my local college, and before I go off to my next college to get my Bachelors, I was going to get a Ps3.

But, with the coming of P3P with Junpei's hat, and my own personal wants for a Nintendo DS so I can play all my GBA games as well as new DS games.

However, I don't want to spend all that much money....

So here's what I got, the benefits of each, and the downsides:

Ps3: If I get a Ps3, I have all the consoles, and no game is out of my reach as far as they go. If I have a Ps3, I can also play online with people, get the eventual Persona 5, other games I want for Ps3, play online with more people, the possible US release of the real TOV. As well as a blu ray player.

The downsides are that there's not all too many games on the Ps3 I'm seriously interested in. It's not portable. And it costs a pretty penny.

PsP: Portable. P3P so I can fulfill my fantasy of being a girl and having sex with Shinjiro. ((I know I'm not alone in that, so don't think I'm weird.)) I can get a slew of other PsP games, as well as being able to watch movies on there. Also, it only costs 100 bucks on Amazon.

The downsides are that I really don't know all that many games for it, as I never considered buying one till I saw Junpei's hat. So yes. I'm going to buy a PsP so I can get Junpei's hat. And play as a girl.

Nintendo DS: With this, I have the widest selection of games I'm interested in. Golden Sun DS, Pokemon, FE, etc etc. It's portable, I can find it online for about 100 bucks, so I can get this AND a PSP and a few games for the same price as Ps3. Also, I could play with the online feature with all my friends here, IRL, and beyond.

Downsides, I never really could get used to the pencil thing, I don't really WANT to either, and I would feel very embarrassed when I had to yell at the screen to get shit to work. And it would feel like making my Wii completely useless, for whatever odd reason I feel that way.

If I'm going for the portable ones, I'm probably gonna get both of them. So that's a bonus in their favor. If I'm going for Ps3, then I have a gaming console and pretty much a computer powerhouse. This is why I'm torn. Currently, I'm actually leaning toward the Psp and DS. Cause Junpeit's hat. I have to decide soon too, so I can get the hat.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21661
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

I have a dilemma Empty Re: I have a dilemma

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sun May 09, 2010 10:42 am

Sounds like the PSP/DS combo is your best bet, especially since you already have an Xbox 360 and doubly so if you don't have any portable systems already. And also because of the massive range of games. Don't overlook GBA games, either-the DS can play those as well, if you didn't know that already.

And don't worry about the crappy DS gimmicks, there aren't many DS games that abuse them too much.
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12691
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by The Universe Sun May 09, 2010 11:07 am

PSP and/or DS.

PSP has an amazing range of games, as well as near endless hacking possibilities, it's cheap and there are games you want for it.

DS has an amazing range of games as well, and for the games you're interested in, the "pencil" doesn't come into it much.

Although one Pencil game I recomend is TWEWY.

Basically, either wait for a slim PS3 price drop, or get the hand helds.
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Grade : 8316
Charm : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun May 09, 2010 11:32 am

I wouldn't get a Ps3 slim. I don't care too much for that kind of thing. I just want something that would function.

Plus, a price drop in the slim would probably mean a drop for the original one as well.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Universe Sun May 09, 2010 3:26 pm

Deidara wrote:I wouldn't get a Ps3 slim. I don't care too much for that kind of thing. I just want something that would function.

Plus, a price drop in the slim would probably mean a drop for the original one as well.

Which would make slim even cheaper.
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Grade : 8316
Charm : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sun May 09, 2010 3:50 pm

PSP+DS I guess. DS has Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor which is awesome (and the MC looks like minato with emotions lol) and Yuzu is Yukari with D size tits, and less bitch. Also, soul fuckin silver.
Rise: The Game
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29924
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Sun May 09, 2010 5:12 pm

DS/PsP seems like the best choice. Best range of games + portable.

Although now, after reading your post, I think Persona sounds like a VERY weird game IMO..,
<< >>
Kilvas
Kilvas

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 17826
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sun May 09, 2010 5:17 pm

Konan wrote:DS/PsP seems like the best choice. Best range of games + portable.

Although now, after reading your post, I think Persona sounds like a VERY weird game IMO..,
<< >>

Because shooting yourself in the head to save the world and gaining power by having a social life and fucking chicks and jumping into TVs and being murdered by fucked up versions of yourself isnt weird to begin with.

Remember, weird is good.
so is trying something new
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29924
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun May 09, 2010 7:49 pm

Yeah. I'm going for the PSP/DS combo. More games with DS and Junpei's hat.

Plus, I'm gonna need a portable game thingy for flights and shtuff.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down