Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Tournament: seek matches here

4 posters

Go down

Pokemon Tournament: seek matches here Empty Pokemon Tournament: seek matches here

Post by Grunge Hamster Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:29 am

Ok. Here are the rules:
1. Tier OU: only smogon.com's OU ranked Pokemon or lower. No ubers as defined by smogon.
2. Species Clause: Only one Pokemon of a Species on your team, no duplicates. Formes count as the same Poke, except possibly Wormadam.
3. Item Clause 2x: Only up to 2 Pokemon can hold the same item. Leftovers and berries excluded (you can have more than 2)
4. No "Hax" items: no focus band, quick claw, or other "lucky" items that have a set probability of working. Please confirm these other items before your match.
5. Sleep/Freeze clause: You may only afflict one of your opponent's pokemon w/these conditions at a time using your moves. Rest users are fair game. Consideration will be given for "stray Ice beams" from non-serene grace Pokemon, w/ possible rematch.
6. No cheats: It goes w/out saying that you can't use AR to power up your team. Extra items or insta-catch cheats are fine. Afterall if it looks like a Farfetch'd and talks like a Farfetch'd... as long as it can't use Judgement or has 900 atk. Good rule of thumb is if you could have done it the long way it's laziness not cheating. Ok its cheating but not for the purpose of this tournament
7. I really don't have a problem with changing teams between matches but unless everyone agrees its not allowed.

The way this will go is you post here looking for a match. You need a minimum of 4 battles against different people to score based on wins, however it is strongly suggested that you battle as many people as possible that way if there are enough people we can raise the 4 match minimum and get a better sense of your skill.
To put it more simply battle as many people as you can and the first of your matches up to the lowest common number will be the ones that count. The 4 match minimum is just a base line for the minimum # of participants. Ideally everyone should face eachother but if you can only get 4 that's what we'll go with. The highest ranked, however, must show up at an agreed time for a final.
This set up might run a little past the weekend but I doubt it. I'm not officially in charge, I'm just writing this for Catbread based on the planning thread, so feel free to comment on anything I may have gotten wrong, etc.

As the first poster: My FC is in my sig. I'll check back in a bit, and though I'm free most of the weekend, I'm espescially seeking matches Nightime EST.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Grade : 10108
Charm : 154

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Tournament: seek matches here Empty Re: Pokemon Tournament: seek matches here

Post by Kilvas Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:10 pm

So we can start battling whenever today?
And are BrightPowder/Lax Incense considered "lucky" items?
Kilvas
Kilvas

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 17841
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Tournament: seek matches here Empty Re: Pokemon Tournament: seek matches here

Post by Rise: The Game Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:13 pm

Oh yea, Imma have to withdraw from this. I can only do shoddy battle at home because of the retarded wifi here. Bishop and Lyle have the same issue, and knight of ratatosk already plays it so i might just do a shoddy thing next time. We (Bishop Lyle and I) just dont have time to pour hours/days/weeks into this game anymore since we all work and other stuff.
Rise: The Game
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29939
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:17 pm

I got no problem w/ powder/incence since they lower/raise a stat not have a % of working. I was just copying desu's rules, but I'll still battle you if u use them. I could be ready in 30 mins, jus gotta grab a sammich or something.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:23 pm

K, cool. I need to finish training something real quick and I'll be ready. (It's lvl99.)

FC: 5112 3679 0549
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:27 pm

ok but couldn't we just do lv hundred match? cause my teams in the 30's. It'll auto raise the lv temporarily.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:28 pm

Kabuto Kirisaki wrote:ok but couldn't we just do lv hundred match? cause my teams in the 30's. It'll auto raise the lv temporarily.
Yeah, but I don't consider my pokemon fully trained until they're lvl100. That's just how I've always trained pokemon. Lol.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:41 pm

Ack, I don't think I can battle now. Is later this evening ok? I'm sorry. D:
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:57 pm

thas cool. wat times good for u?
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:37 pm

SCAR wrote:thas cool. wat times good for u?
5-6 central?
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:09 pm

I'm sorry Pichu, it looks like I got home later than that. I can battle anyone who's online now though.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:14 pm

SCAR wrote:I'm sorry Pichu, it looks like I got home later than that. I can battle anyone who's online now though.
It's fine. happy
I can battle now if you'd like.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:17 pm

logging on now
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:20 pm

K, gettin' on now.

EDIT: OhShi....I thought we were doing doubles. D: I pretty much lost this tourney. Lol.

EDIT2: Well I lost, I brought a doubles team. Lol. I swear to gawd I thought we were doing doubles. D:
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:02 pm

Well that's no good. My fault for not including that. Do you wanna rematch? You can change your team if you want. I'm sure no one will mind since it was te first match of the tournament.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:06 pm

SCAR wrote:Well that's no good. My fault for not including that. Do you wanna rematch? You can change your team if you want. I'm sure no one will mind since it was te first match of the tournament.
Alright, cool. I`ll go change my real quick.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:47 pm

Well that's that. Good game. Lol.

BTW, do you have younger siblings and are talking about YGO? Lol.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:04 pm

Shocked oh I totally forgot about the mic! My volume was off, but yeah YGO. Trying to get my little bro to beat his WC2009 so I can play it w/ something better than the starter deck. I have a completed 2k8 to play if u have it but thats off topic.

Anyway for official purposes:
Match= Red vs. Pichu
Winner= Red
Red= 1/1 matches
Pichu= 0/1 matches
(I think that's a good way to format it.)
Good luck w/ your next one Pichu. So who else is in this thing? I'll check back tommorrow if there is someone to face me and I really hope the rest of you start scheduling your matches soon.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:07 pm

SCAR wrote:O_O oh I totally forgot about the mic! My volume was off, but yeah YGO. Trying to get my little bro to beat his WC2009 so I can play it w/ something better than the starter deck. I have a completed 2k8 to play if u have it but thats off topic.

Anyway for official purposes:
Match= Red vs. Pichu
Winner= Red
Red= 1/1 matches
Pichu= 0/1 matches
(I think that's a good way to format it.)
Good luck w/ your next one Pichu. So who else is in this thing? I'll check back tommorrow if there is someone to face me and I really hope the rest of you start scheduling your matches soon.
xD
I Zero has the WC2010. Lol.

Well there`s Zero, I dunno when he wants to battle though.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:25 pm

If I can I'll do it at Masu's tomorrow. Also, if possible, anyone that can shoddy, should shoddy.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Grade : 7401
Charm : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:50 am

Bishop the Scumbag wrote:If I can I'll do it at Masu's tomorrow. Also, if possible, anyone that can shoddy, should shoddy.

I already posted that my wifi doesnt let the DS connect.
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29939
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:35 am

Looks like I got a few things to do today but I should be back this afternoon if someone wants to battle. If I get a turn on the computer I'll be RED1001 on the smogon server, though I'd prefer DS if you have it. Evenings are still best for me, and I suggest RL matches between those who can. Just post results.

EDIT: Well I'm still looking for matches though it looks like this tournament's going south. No big deal though. I Guess we could do an entirely shoddy thing another time. I'm not giving up though. I'll shoddy with a copy of my RL team, if anyone get's on before I have to log off. cancel that last part. gotta go soon. Please post whether it's real or shoddy and I'll try to battle after I go eat. Please.

EDIT2: Is anyone gonna battle? It's the last day.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:10 am

Well it's Monday... Does this mean I win?! So if we're gonna reschedule do you mind if we do it soon or hold of until after summer? I might not have time come July 10 and definitely not after that.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down