Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Team Help

3 posters

Go down

Pokemon Team Help Empty Pokemon Team Help

Post by Gamer7625 Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:23 am

Me and my friends have decided on all the rules we want to use for our battle. I was taking a long time trying to decide a team.

Rules:
We can only use one Pokemon from Ubers
Evasion Clause
OHKO Clause
Sleep Clause

I wanted to make a unique team that can still cover for each other quite well. I am open to ANY advice...

Azelf-Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
Stealth Rock
Taunt
U-Turn
Explosion

My starting Pokemon used for SR set up then can explode if I don't need him or he can switch out to something else quickly.

Weavile-Expert Belt
Nature: Adamant
Ice Shard
Night Slash
Brick Break
Fake Out

This Weavile is my main Dragon counter, one of my friends said an Ice Shard wouldn't take out a team of his Dragons in one shot even after SR damage I wanted to prove him wrotn so I had to add Weavile. He is a great Pokemon for my Psychic types and can still come into some dark moves without MUCH worry. Fake Out may seem odd on a non starter but it allows him to weaken the opponents even more and they still can't hit him. Brick Break is for T-Tar.

Starmie-Leftovers
Nature: Modest
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunder Bolt
Rapid Spin

Rapid Spin is just in case they use SR and only one could use it. The other moves are rather standard. Modest nature is good for extra SpA and I figured that would be best.

Nidoking-Black Sludge
Nature: Modest
Earth Power
Flamethrower
Ice Beam
Thunder Bolt

A Special Attacking Nidoking may seem odd but it can be effective if used right. His move set is built to cover a lot of Pokemon, he may not be super fast but he makes up for that in his decent bulk coupled with Black Sludge.

Quagsire-Leftovers
Nature: Impish
Watterfall
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Protect

Quagsire is a great Pokemon if you think about it, Immunity to both Electric and Water and resistant to Rock is very good. He is underrated I believe and I thought he would be a great partner for the last Pokemon on the team. I made him a bit more offensive but gave him Protect to let leftovers help him out.

Ho-Oh-Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Sacred Fire
Earthquake
Brave Bird
Roost

Ho-Oh and Quagsire are fantastic partners. Quag's only weakness is Grass and Ho-Oh only takes 25% damage form grass, Ho-Oh's weaknesses are stopped or weakened by Quagsire. Brave Bird and Roost make a nice combination while EQ and Sacred Fire are for great coverage and Sacred Fire's burn rate really can help.
Gamer7625
Gamer7625
Angel
Angel

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 5486
Charm : 9

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Team Help Empty Re: Pokemon Team Help

Post by Emerald Jealousy Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:29 pm

You should like, totally give Weavile Ice Punch. Also, I'd replace Quagsire, but if you're dead set on using it, go for it.
Emerald Jealousy
Emerald Jealousy
Grand Cardinal
Grand Cardinal

Grade : 5813
Charm : -163

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer7625 Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:29 pm

I'll consider Ice Punch. What should I replace Quagsire for? I mostly added him for Electric and Water Immunity
Gamer7625
Gamer7625
Angel
Angel

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 5486
Charm : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:03 pm

I definitely think you should keep the Shard on Weavile. It'd be nice to see the EVs on your pokes.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Grade : 7394
Charm : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down