Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Game Autobiography

Go down

Video Game Autobiography Empty Video Game Autobiography

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:30 pm

I was supposed to write a one-page report about all the games I've played.
So I did. It goes like this:

I Like Video Games: A Comprehensive Report
My personal history of video games is a lengthy one, dating back to when I was only 18 months old, which is when I played my first educational PC game. Throughout early childhood, I played a variety of these games, such as The Magic School Bus Explores the Human Body, Putt-Putt Travels Through Time, and Diablo. I’d frequently be drawn to games with mapmaker features, like Warcraft II and The Incredible Machine, even if I didn’t actually play the games themselves. I just liked playing with the mapmakers.

My first home console was the N64. I don’t remember why we had one, but I quickly got into it, starting with Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time, and eventually moving to a much broader range of games, although I tended towards action/platformers like Donkey Kong 64 and Banjo-Kazooie. Despite owning several multiplayer games, I rarely got a chance to use them- my brother would throw tantrums when he lost, and I won most of the time, so he would usually just watch whatever I was playing rather than play himself.

I also had a Game Boy Color, though I never had many games for it. I had to borrow Pokemon Red from someone in order to join in on the Pokemania that encompassed everything. I did own Pokemon Trading Card Game: The Game, but that was stupid.

When the Gamecube was released, I bought it on principle as the next step in a natural progression. The first real multiplayer that I can remember being able to do often was, of course, Super Smash Bros. Melee, which was popular pretty much everywhere. Obviously, I beat everyone all the time. Also, the Gamecube got me interested in a wider range of genres: JRPGs (Tales of Symphonia), racing games (F-Zero GX), shooters (Timesplitters: Future Perfect), and more.

During a trip to Disneyworld, I played Kingdom Hearts at one of the stands they had set up for it. I thought the concept and execution were so cool that I remembered the game for years. When the opportunity to purchase a Playstation 2 arose, I jumped at the chance, if only to play that one game. Somehow, it was worth it, and Kingdom Hearts quickly became my favorite game. You can tell I’m the biggest fan because I can complain about it longer than anyone else. As a nice bonus, the PS2 also had some other good games, so that worked out well for me overall.

A far as handhelds go, my Game Boy Advance SP and later, my DS, saw a lot more activity than my old Game Boy Color. This was partly because Nintendo loves to remake and re-release their old games, and I was interested in trying popular old games I’d missed out on. Older graphics never bothered me; I only cared about whether the game was fun or not. With this thought in mind, I acquired a copy of Final Fantasy VII, and discovered, against all odds, that it was actually pretty good.

Now fully immersed in the gamer culture, I find myself the lucky owner of all three current-gen consoles. Besides having played a massive selection of games, I’ve also been getting into online gaming, so I can play with other people more often. Sadly, I haven’t been playing many games these days, but I still get some enjoyment out of Team Fortress 2 from time to time, and I’ll occasionally fire up the PS3 and lose at BlazBlue. I usually throw a tantrum afterward. It probably runs in the family.

the end

Tell me if I made any grammar mistakes, okay? lololo

And feel free to post your own "autobiographies" if you want. It'd be interesting to see how others' experiences differ from mine.
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12686
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum