Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss why Van was a sick son of a bitch.

+2
Rozencrutz
The Universe
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Discuss why Van was a sick son of a bitch. - Page 2 Empty Re: Discuss why Van was a sick son of a bitch.

Post by Turret Slayer!!! Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:01 am

...I got that part. What I didn't get was the replica part. It seemed that even Luke was bound by the score to some degree.
Turret Slayer!!!
Turret Slayer!!!
RP Mod
RP Mod

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12655
Charm : 107

Back to top Go down

Discuss why Van was a sick son of a bitch. - Page 2 Empty Re: Discuss why Van was a sick son of a bitch.

Post by Rise: The Game Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:28 am

Syn wrote:...I got that part. What I didn't get was the replica part. It seemed that even Luke was bound by the score to some degree.
The score originally spoke of Asch, but Luke fucked up the score's reading because of Van's making replicas, which probably gave van a bigger hard on than legretta sucking him off, because he was FINALLY FUCKING UP THE SCORE YEA BOI!
Rise: The Game
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29918
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Turret Slayer!!! Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:35 am

I think I get it...sorta. But what I don't get is that Luke, a stand-in for Asch, was still doing what Asch was supposed to do. So I don't see the point.
Turret Slayer!!!
Turret Slayer!!!
RP Mod
RP Mod

Grade : 12655
Charm : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:38 am

Van's whole plan was a facade. What it really was was an excuse for him to destroy the world just because he thought it was unfair toward him. It wasn't some "I'm helping the world in the long run" thing. It was him being a bitch and throwing a hissy fit.

Look at Tear. The same shit happened to her and she turned out perfectly fine. Aside from her poor health at the end of the game, and her own hissy fits.

Which leads to another topic of discussion, I know that we're supposed to just ignore the whole: "Wait, how did Luke survive all that?" thing, but what about Tear? Last I checked she was infected and was about to keel over any minute now with no hope of a cure. What happened with that?
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21655
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:51 am

Mufasa wrote:Van's whole plan was a facade. What it really was was an excuse for him to destroy the world just because he thought it was unfair toward him. It wasn't some "I'm helping the world in the long run" thing. It was him being a bitch and throwing a hissy fit.

Look at Tear. The same shit happened to her and she turned out perfectly fine. Aside from her poor health at the end of the game, and her own hissy fits.

Which leads to another topic of discussion, I know that we're supposed to just ignore the whole: "Wait, how did Luke survive all that?" thing, but what about Tear? Last I checked she was infected and was about to keel over any minute now with no hope of a cure. What happened with that?

Ion absorbed all of the miasma in her when he died.
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29918
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:55 am

Masu wrote:
Mufasa wrote:Van's whole plan was a facade. What it really was was an excuse for him to destroy the world just because he thought it was unfair toward him. It wasn't some "I'm helping the world in the long run" thing. It was him being a bitch and throwing a hissy fit.

But didn't she get sick after that too? I forget.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Universe Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:58 am

Mufasa wrote:
Masu wrote:

But didn't she get sick after that too? I forget.

No she didn't.
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Grade : 8310
Charm : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:47 pm

Hm.

Well it's been a while since I played it. There are only certain things I remember from it.

Like how all the God Generals save Dist sucked ass. Expecially Sync.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Universe Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:37 pm

Mufasa wrote:Hm.

Well it's been a while since I played it. There are only certain things I remember from it.

Why do you seem to always be deliberately trying to piss me off?
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:42 pm

TLS wrote:
Mufasa wrote:Hm.

Why do you seem to always be deliberately trying to piss me off?
Because it's fun.

And it's not about you specifically. It's about Sync. The fagGOT.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:06 am

Well its obvious most of the God Generals were bad characters, they made them that way so you wouldn't like them. They wanted to make them seem bad so you would hate them along with their equally horrible leader Van who ordered them to kill all those people and do all those really cruel things.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Grade : 12467
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:32 am

Rozencrutz wrote:Well its obvious most of the God Generals were bad characters, they made them that way so you wouldn't like them. They wanted to make them seem bad so you would hate them along with their equally horrible leader Van who ordered them to kill all those people and do all those really cruel things.
I'm not sure. I think it was just really bad writing. Every God General when they died they tried to make you feel bad for them. But you didn't, because they were all assholes plotting your murder, and the murder of everyone you've ever met, those who you didn't meet yet, and those you will never meet. So pretty much, they were plotting the murder of everyone.

Plus, you wound up hating a lot of the main characters too. In fact, I think it's safe to say that Dist and Jade were the only ones I didn't hate at some point. And I think those were the characters you were supposed to hate. Dist because he was so annoying and never died, even when he was supposed to. And Jade you were supposed to hate, because he made fun of everyone on your team, but since you hated all of them, you loved him.

And then Mieu. Which you can only love because he's cute.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:00 pm

I knew Van was a douche the moment I saw his beard.
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Grade : 8655
Charm : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:05 pm

Mufasa wrote:
Rozencrutz wrote:Well its obvious most of the God Generals were bad characters, they made them that way so you wouldn't like them. They wanted to make them seem bad so you would hate them along with their equally horrible leader Van who ordered them to kill all those people and do all those really cruel things.
I'm not sure. I think it was just really bad writing. Every God General when they died they tried to make you feel bad for them. But you didn't, because they were all assholes plotting your murder, and the murder of everyone you've ever met, those who you didn't meet yet, and those you will never meet. So pretty much, they were plotting the murder of everyone.

Plus, you wound up hating a lot of the main characters too. In fact, I think it's safe to say that Dist and Jade were the only ones I didn't hate at some point. And I think those were the characters you were supposed to hate. Dist because he was so annoying and never died, even when he was supposed to. And Jade you were supposed to hate, because he made fun of everyone on your team, but since you hated all of them, you loved him.

What I mean is the fact that all the god generals are easily hatible because they follow Van's orders which is the murder of everyone. Sync was annoying cause of all the times he would randomly come in and try to kill either the party or Ion, then he put the seal on Guy at one point and made him try to kill Luke. All of the other god generals were about the same way they would randomly appear at times and be a nuisance and get in your way and try to kill you when in reality they all really sucked. Van was just a extreme idealist, who only wanted to do things his way and no other regardless if there was another way to do things.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Grade : 12467
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:25 pm

Rozencrutz wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

What I mean is the fact that all the god generals are easily hatible because they follow Van's orders which is the murder of everyone. Sync was annoying cause of all the times he would randomly come in and try to kill either the party or Ion, then he put the seal on Guy at one point and made him try to kill Luke. All of the other god generals were about the same way they would randomly appear at times and be a nuisance and get in your way and try to kill you when in reality they all really sucked. Van was just a extreme idealist, who only wanted to do things his way and no other regardless if there was another way to do things.

I think you mean "Whiny bitch."

Really, Van was acting like a toddler. Things didn't go his way, so he wanted the whole world to pay.

As much of a bitch that Sync was, he wasn't THAT much of a loser.

Then again, he did follow blindly the man that was acting like a toddler.

And Largo wasn't as bad as the others. He at least at the end of his life showed some kind of regret for following Van's orders. Too bad it was too late for him to say: "Wait....no...fuck this."
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Universe Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:40 am

Mufasa wrote:
Rozencrutz wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

I think you mean "Whiny bitch."

Really, Van was acting like a toddler. Things didn't go his way, so he wanted the whole world to pay.

As much of a bitch that Sync was, he wasn't THAT much of a loser.

Then again, he did follow blindly the man that was acting like a toddler.

And Largo wasn't as bad as the others. He at least at the end of his life showed some kind of regret for following Van's orders. Too bad it was too late for him to say: "Wait....no...fuck this."

That shit would have been epic.

I've always been saying we need a playable Tales Character who uses Scythes.
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:44 am

Well, even if Largo said that, I doubt he would join the crew.

Which was another thing that bothered me about Abyss. Why only six people? That was so gimped. Needs more variety. And less people who were assholes/bitches.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum