Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

5 posters

Go down

The Nuzlocke Challenge Empty The Nuzlocke Challenge

Post by Arc Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:06 pm

My brother and I are going to start a pokemon nuzlocke game after I get back from otakon. For anyone who doesn't know what that is, it's a special playthrough for pokemon games (like low level runs or speed runs are to other games). But there are special rules in place here, and they are:

-If a pokemon faints in battle, you may not revive them and you have to either delete them or put them in a PC box labeled "graveyard". You can't use them again. Think FE but permanent.
-You MUST catch the first wild pokemon you see in every new route or catchable area you enter. If you fail to, you can still try again but it has to be the same pokemon.
-You can ONLY catch one pokemon per route
-You may catch legendaries, but you may not use them (sidenote: I've read other peoples tales of their challenges, and if you try to fight the legendaries chances are you're going to have some dead pokes on your hands. masterball away bitch.)
-This rule is optional: Nickname everyone you catch.

The meaning behind this kinda game is deep. Naming them and trying to protect them from death makes you care about them even though they are simply data.

Anyway, I will post again when I've started and will tell the events of my game. I will be using diamond version.
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 8661
Charm : 274

Back to top Go down

The Nuzlocke Challenge Empty Re: The Nuzlocke Challenge

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:35 pm

Ooh, I've heard of this. Good fuckin' luck!

(Anyone interested in this type of Pokemon thing should check http://www.nuzlocke.com/)
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12691
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:29 pm

I see comics on dA for these all the time, I never knew what they were though. Lol.
Sounds cool, but I don't wanna restart any of my games. D:
Kilvas
Kilvas

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 17826
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:48 pm

LinuxMaiden wrote:I see comics on dA for these all the time, I never knew what they were though. Lol.
Sounds cool, but I don't wanna restart any of my games. D:

yeah thats the reason y i wont try it. i do have extra copies tho so maybe...
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Grade : 10093
Charm : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:00 pm

yeah I might actually do this, sounds fun
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Hearts
Grade : 7874
Charm : -221

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/firesword219

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:28 pm

I cheated and I started before my brother. But its ok because he doesnt know.

So here is my story... so far

In a war-torn country, pokemon are weapons and a means to survive. Of course, the wild ones think for themselves and seem to resent humans. A girl living in a secluded village was about to begin the adventure that would make her infamous.

Her name is DOSH. killingfloor reference Her arch rival is a douchebag and love interest, WANKER. killingfloor reference

Against the village's rules, the two wandered off into a nearby forest where they witness a grizzled old man and his paige. They talk about pokemon and life and death. Then they mindlessly abandon 3 pokeballs. DOSH and WANKER picked them up and were attacked by vicious starly! They knew they had to defend themselves or face death. DOSH's hand hovered over one ball in particular. She could feel that this one had the heart of a warrior.

DOSH threw the ball, and arose the piplup inside! The little one fended off the starly and DOSH lived to see another day.

WANKER decided it might be a good idea to visit that old man. It certainly wouldnt hurt. DOSH left her hot, single mom behind without a word and headed through more starly to get to the sandgem base. DOSH met the paige, who introduced himself as Lucas I wish I coulda named him. He took her to his master who told her in return for keeping the pokemon, she had to fight for him as a field soldier. DOSH knew there was no escaping fate. If she didnt do this, she would probably be eaten alive by bidoofs. Just like her father.

The piplup radiated with a blue spirit. DOSH named him REGAL. Then the two set out on their first mission.

to be continued
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:25 pm

So I took the game with me and played on vacation. Brother wanted to do the challenge at the same time so he's doing it too.

Thing is, he's already beaten me. I have failed the challenge.

I lost my starter piplup against roark due to a lucky crit. I'm very calculating, I knew I would have survived a normal hit. After he was gone all I had left was a staravia and a machop. Plus a low level zubat. I fought the first galactic admin and lost machop and zubat. Since I still won the battle, the challenge continues. Up on the next route were two trainers with pachirisus and luxios. They knew spark. Since staravia was my last one, there was no way in hell i would have survived. Especially because I didnt know those trainers had electric types. In that sense, i lost the challenge.

But truthfully, I cheated after piplup was gone. Still used him. And the others who fainted. It felt so... unjust for them to die to lucky crits and random encounters. Cheating aside, I'm telling you now this challenge should not be taken lightly no matter which version you use. Luck is a huge factor.

Right now I'm just playing along a normal game of diamond version.
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down