Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Otakon 2011

+4
Arc
Rise: The Game
Turret Slayer!!!
Saaya Agata
8 posters

Go down

Otakon 2011 Empty Otakon 2011

Post by Saaya Agata Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:01 pm

So to the people that are going to Otakon, i was wondering if you guys could take pictures of cosplayers, voice actors, events, booths, and other cool stuff you guys see. My parents never let me go with my brother and his friends, and i just wanna see everything that goes down at Otakon!! Laughing
By the way i hope all of you have a fantastic time there
Saaya Agata
Saaya Agata
Grand Cardinal
Grand Cardinal

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 5667
Charm : 31

Back to top Go down

Otakon 2011 Empty Re: Otakon 2011

Post by Turret Slayer!!! Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:36 pm

You got it.

And by the way, the trip's already off to a fantastic start.
Turret Slayer!!!
Turret Slayer!!!
RP Mod
RP Mod

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12676
Charm : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:36 pm

Lol everyone here going is in the car with me. Except arc.
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29939
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:17 pm

The hell im not
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 8676
Charm : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:28 pm

THIS IS THE BEST ROOM EVER
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:33 pm

OOOOOOOTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Grade : 10108
Charm : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:16 pm

Yo Masu, lets plan on meeting on saturday for lunch.
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:13 am

Alrighty. My eyes are red and im shaking and im on the verge of passing out. I need more coffee. MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Already feeling the effects of otakon. Sheit
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:35 pm

Hooooooooooooooly Motherfuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck it was amaziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.

First of all. The cosplayers. Amazing this year. on top of that I ran into four rises. Not a single one of them bad. Heartwarming this was. ESPECIALLY the last one I saw today who was wearing these sexy black pantyhose and black highheels. heart What was funny was when James and I were taking her pic (the entire time im just going on about how nice her legs are in my head) her friend shouts "SHOW SOME LEEEEEEEEEGGGGGGGG!" It was amazing.

Speaking of Rise, I got a really nice picture of her commissioned Smile Its really cute, love the girl's artstyle, definetely gonna be looking at her deviant art now (i bought two Madoka pictures too from her.)

Also Arc, it was great seeing you and Lyssa again, and that was pretty special when a tentacle monster emerged from that elevator behind us and you just look at it wide eyed and go "what the fuck is that." (I left them to chase after a Rise cosplayer XD some friend I am.)

There were LOTS of tales cosplayers this year! And characters......I would have never expected. Some girl was MOHS from abyss lol. As usual we ran into the wonderchef and she gave us a recipe Very Happy There was an Emil and Ratatosk fighting in the hallway at some point (Ratatosk lost lol.) and im so pissed i missed getting a pic of this one:Yuri with Deim Nomos. He looked, so fucking cool. One girl was Emperor Peony from abyss and even had a little rappig XD We saw alot of sheenas and not a single Lloyd. Whyyyyyyy. We saw more tales peeps, but we have pics of them that i'll post later, BUT I have to point out that we saw a fucking ALVIN. James couldn't believe it and asked the girl three times.

"Wait...........Alvin?"
"Yeah."
"..........Alvin."
"Yeah??"
"As in.......Tales of Xillia Alvin."
"Yeah."

she got a good laugh cause i was on the phone yelling at Jose about getting booze till James said "Eric! Alvin!' and I turned, saw her and instantly mid sentence shout "HOLD UP SHUT UP I HAVE AN IMPORTANT PIC TO TAKE BYE DONT CALL ME BACK" and instantly hung up on him. Friends are the greatest when they're like me.

Purchases n stuff, so much shit. 40% of it inappropriate but whatevs :3. I got the fucking out of print premium Yuri and Flynn figures that come with a little chibi version of themselves Very Happy They look SO GOOD. The boxes were even made for them to stand next to each other. I also found a damn good tear statue, so I got that too (shes currently on top of Yuri and Flynn XD) After we got FIVE Patty gachapons (Yes, you read FIVE PATTYS) I finally got SOMETHING new from the boxes(through james. I got NOTHING but pattys), Yuri Repede and Duke. Fuck patty for a while. We got so many we just passed em out among everyone in the room.

I got a little collette phone charm for my phone (its so cute Very Happy) and an espeon for my DS. Also a black cat wallet. Never using another wallet as long as i live.

So maybe its cause i have a massive headache and slight cold but im all twitchy and feel like im gonna pass out so im gonna go twitch on my bed for a few horus and post pics n shit later

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:29 pm

My first con.... what can I say? After the first day all I could do was yell "Fuck Yeah!" at the top of my lungs. After the whole thing that's pretty much the same feeling plus some exhaustion and sadness that it had to end.
On thursday before the actual con I couldn't sleep and just kept flailing around in my sleeping-bag 'til I wore myself out. After forever Friday morning came and it was complete sensory overload. I've never been around so many people, in fact walking through the city to even get there was new to me. The fact that half were in costumes, anime or otherwise, and the rest were sporting all kinds of gear did not help the colors flashing across my eyes and the imminent internal conflict that would ensue.

A lot of time was spent waiting in line but the people watching was all kinds of crazy so it didnt matter. Saw some cute cosplay, some cool cosplay and more than necessary horrifying cosplay. Saw enough hatsune mikus to form a small battalion and enough crossplayers to take em all out without casualties, but there was more than enough cool cossplay to balance it out. didnt have a camera but it was pretty much "Masu gimme your phone! James get that one! J-knee take a picture of me and piplup!" the whole trip.

I got some incredible souvenirs and I am completely broke:
-Almost a hundred dollars worth of hentai doujinshi
-an Erza Scarlet boobie mouse pad i nearly killed james and Masu over (again Im really sorry about that)
-a Tony Tony Chopper messenger bag for my computer
-One Piece Gachapons
-Artist made cellphone chains, stickers, a poster and pins of blue exorcist and pokemon
-some discounted skull candy headphones
-a Tony art book
-a reborn thunder ring
-signed poster of the K-on girls (Stephanie Sheh said it was too bad you can't use Kasuga in Basara 3 and make her jump around, which made me lol)
-signed cd of Johnny Yong Bosch's band (he was wasted from the QnA but he still made jokes, cool guy)
-a couple of freebie posters and pins promoting NY anime fest. Fairy Tail's mangaka is gonna be there from Japan, I wish it wasnt during school so i could go meet him.

Emotionally speaking it was an experience to say the least. I was exhilaratingly happy but also sad and lost at the same time because I wasn't used to any of it and I knew it would end eventually. Still I have no regrets and I definitely wanna keep going to these year after year.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:00 pm

Ok so first of all, this con was nothing of a disaster like last year for me. No fights, no worrying about shit. All in all it was alright. No drama in exchange for less interesting panels. You see, I don't spend hours in line for an autograph. Not that there's anything wrong with it. I just like roaming everywhere and finding things to do, people to take pics of. I actually broke my all time record for most pics taken at a con, and I didnt expect that at all. The previous record was 51 at katsucon 2010, which was also my first con ever. Now it stands at... 68. Wow.

So here's some of the highlights in my album:

Otakon 2011 DSCF0266
This is either the travelocity gnome or gnome chompski from L4D2. My friend made the point that it doesnt really matter which one he is because they're the same thing.

Otakon 2011 DSCF0269
This was a pretty peach. I liked her more than the others because of the turnip.

Otakon 2011 DSCF0273
I saw these two in a video room from behind. They kinda looked better from behind. But still.

Otakon 2011 DSCF0280
There was a TF2 gathering on friday, and this pyro was pretty damn good. I said thanks for the photo op and he said "MMMMM MMP" in return. I loved that.

Also, at that same gathering we saw a male sniper get down on a knee and propose to a female heavy. Everyone went awwwww and applauded. It was sweet... and I had seen them around the con the next two days. They were pretty happy.

Otakon 2011 DSCF0279
Alison wanted me to get this medic because of the medigun. If you can't tell, it lights up. There were alot of medics, and each one did something right and something wrong. In one case they were just plain racist. This guy isn't bad though.

Otakon 2011 DSCF0281
This is a character from okage shadow king what and Alison raved for her photo. It's an obscure JRPG and she didnt think she'd see any at the con. We kept seeing this cosplayer throughout the con, and I had to stop my girlfriend from going up to her again because then it just becomes stalkerish.

Otakon 2011 DSCF0283
Izanagi at the noodles n company down by the docks. His suit was really good, but he was a pain to get because he refused pics until he was done eating and everything looked perfect.

Otakon 2011 DSCF0284
There was a black viewtiful joe sitting around looking down near one of the exits. I woulda taken his pic anyway cause henshin a fucking go go. It made his day though. He looked happier.

Otakon 2011 DSCF0297
Most bizzare cosplay I have seen. This is symbolizing tentacle rape. And yes that's a blowup doll. I was eating lunch with masu and co and this dude just comes up out of the elevator and starts making a scene.

Otakon 2011 DSCF0311
This is one of the better mitsurus i've seen, if not the best. She was with what i think was a junpei, but I only took her pic because well... he wasnt a good one. He had the hat, and similar clothes but that was it. I felt a little bad, especially considering how often that happens to me.

Otakon 2011 DSCF0320
Fucking cute. They were blowing bubbles around. And this little kid dressed as ash was hugging it before i took this shot.

Side note: I went back to that area again to find an amaterasu from okami. Alison told me she saw a fluffy white dog that someone painted with red markings and the mirror to make them ammy. I did not find it unfortunately. IF ANYONE HAS A PIC, SHOW IT TO ME AND I'LL GIVE YOU BLOWJOB. Well not really, but I really want to see it.

Otakon 2011 DSCF0271
We liked this heavy. His gun was fantastic and he was the right build/hairstyle/sex (sorry).

Otakon 2011 DSCF0342
FF6 gathering on sunday. Took alot of pics, but this one stands out because Edgar is my favorite character and this guy did a great job on his costume.

Otakon 2011 DSCF0310
Alison took this pic of me without me knowing. She went to chase after some cosplay and I was up there looking around. She takes them upside down for some reason. Also, I dont know that girl behind me. I didnt even know she was there lol.

Other cool things:
-There were a fair amount of ezio/altair 's who were getting through crowds like in the game. A couple of times I felt something lightly touch my shoulder and i saw a white assassins cape go past me. That was awesome.
-There was a solid snake running around stalking people and hiding. Next day i saw him going through a crowd in a cardboard box. He was getting in the way of other peoples pics lol.
-There was a L4D gathering I found, and they had a hunter go and pounce on survivors for the cameras. HUNTER ON ELLIS.
-I found a coach! She was female but still.
-There was apparently an edward from bebop who was on the same pee schedule as Alison. She was good too.

As for swag, I got 3 posters, a shirt, a bioshock doll, and an assortment of nice pins. I brought my brother back some pokemon figures since he still likes collecting them. This pretty much sums what I got for myself though:
Otakon 2011 DSCF0345
My brother laughed, my mom said nothing. It was 5 bucks on sunday and I had to have it.

This is the album if you wanna look at the other pics. There are plenty of good ones I didnt show here because I didnt wanna make it longer than necessary.
https://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w90/dr_burger/Otakon11/?start=all

Last edited by Metal Rabbit on Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:00 am

RED wrote: Fairy Tail's mangaka is gonna be there from Japan, I wish it wasnt during school so i could go meet him.

this I will look into and will be going unless something breaks me
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Hearts
Grade : 7889
Charm : -221

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/firesword219

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:09 pm

hokay done

edit: someone found the ammy!

Otakon 2011 Tumblr_lp8019hAdk1qgv9tjo1_500
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:57 pm

Metal Rabbit wrote:
edit: someone found the ammy!

Otakon 2011 Tumblr_lp8019hAdk1qgv9tjo1_500

Grade A Cosplay
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Grade : 7401
Charm : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by usogami Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:13 pm

awwwww its so adowable XD
usogami
usogami
God General
God General

Grade : 6094
Charm : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:57 pm

My Rise pic heart I love the artstyle of the girl who drew this. Now I check her Devinat art often XD I hope shes at Katsucon so I can get a pic of Cheria commissioned.

Otakon 2011 K06jrl
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:53 pm

yo post the other pics.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Saaya Agata Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:54 pm

You know Masu you should have gotten a Gokudera picture instead of Rise happy
Saaya Agata
Saaya Agata
Grand Cardinal
Grand Cardinal

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 5667
Charm : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:11 pm

Luche wrote:You know Masu you should have gotten a Gokudera picture instead of Rise happy

too bad im not a faggot
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content