Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultimate All-Stars

+4
Toriko
Kilvas
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
SHSL Gang Leader
8 posters

Go down

Ultimate All-Stars Empty Ultimate All-Stars

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:53 am

If you could pick any three characters to make up the ultimate team, who would they be?

Sounds simple enough, right?

Wrong.

You have to take a couple of things into consideration:

-Is the team balanced? How well do they support each other in combat, or on an adventure?
A good rule of thumb is to have three main roles:
The "tank", who can take a beating and keep the heat off of his or her teammates,
The "rogue", a more versatile character with a focus on speed or ranged abilities,
and the "mage", a wild card with special powers, able to compliment the other team members. (It doesn't have to be through the use of magic- a talented scientist, for example.)

-Can the team get along?
If their personalities aren't compatible, they won't be nearly as effective as a team that can work together efficiently.
This can create a lot of problems with a potential team if you don't give it careful consideration! Think about morality and disposition.

Here's an example. I spent a good deal of time on this one, complete with outside input.
I can't go into too much detail since I'm typing this from college, but it should be enough to get the point across.

#1: Bang Shishigami
A ninja who fights for JUSTICE. He has a very high tolerance for pain and knows a variety of powerful martial arts techniques. He can throw nails and fiery punches, and can counter his enemies' attacks with his super ninja speed.

#2: Death the Kid
The son of Lord Death. He fights with his partners, the Thompson Sisters (they can turn into handguns). His Shinigami heritage makes him extremely fast and powerful, and he's adept at both physical and ranged combat.

#3: Twilight Sparkle
A unicorn grad student with an affinity for powerful magic. She knows a wide range of spells and enchantments, including summons and transformations. Her strongest skill is telekinesis- she can manipulate massive objects, even from far away.

How the team works in combat: Bang's PASSION FOR JUSTICE ensures that all attackers would be focused on him at all times. While he's posturing, Death the Kid would be free to strike at the opponents with a sudden, devastating surprise attack, followed by a change of position. Meanwhile, Twilight would survey the battle from a little ways away and provide support by pinning down potential threats with magic. If done correctly, she could immobilize an entire group of enemies at once, resulting in a relatively peaceful conclusion to a fight.

This was a tough team to come up with. I considered a number of other characters, such as the Sniper (Conflict-Twilight would be opposed to blowing people's heads off) and Tommy Vercetti (Conflict-Bang would be opposed to anyone who kinda looks like a criminal, let alone an actual criminal).
It pretty much had to be a full good-aligned team to work.

It could still use some revision, I think. Anyways, that's the short version.

So! Think you can come up with a good team?
Take your best shot. I will judge submissions based on incredibly subjective criteria.
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12860
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

Ultimate All-Stars Empty Re: Ultimate All-Stars

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:46 am

Giriko of Soul Eater

Kenpachi of Bleach

And Shizuo Heiwajima of Durarara

Three angry men who like to battle. If they could stop from killing each other, then they could probably accomplish a lot.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21830
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:50 am

Mufasa wrote:Giriko of Soul Eater

Kenpachi of Bleach

And Shizuo Heiwajima of Durarara

Three angry men who like to battle. If they could stop from killing each other, then they could probably accomplish a lot.
Actually, Shizuo hates violence. Lol.

But hmm...Gotta think of a team...*will post as soon as I think of one*
Kilvas
Kilvas

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 17995
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:59 am

Monkey D Luffy from One piece- Has pirate crew of 9 people and has a body of rubber so he can withstand normal blows without taking any sort of damage and he can use this as offensive capabilities as well. He also has mid range and short range capabilities.

Toriko from Toriko- Has 2 partners, 1 is a 6 star chef that has learned to cook on the go for almost anything, he also has a knife that can cut through most material and can be used as a weapon. The is a battle wolf that as an adult can go up to speeds of mach 1 or so and can grow up to 18 meters long. Toriko also has short and mid range capabilities. He also heals himself completely if he eats something which is really rare and delicious.

Allen from D Gray Man- Has the power to kill almost any demon and has pretty good flexibility in battle and in his mind as well. Works great with people since he's in an organization that groups people together every time when they go off on a mission

These 3 men love to eat and they can break the world. They can easily overcome pretty much anything together in my opinion, they also can get along with almost anyone very easily. Also since throughout the series they all have fought alongside partners they know how to have good teamwork. They both are also fueled by about 10 tons of food altogether in a day I would say.

Last edited by Joseph Jobson on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Hearts
Grade : 8043
Charm : -221

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/firesword219

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:58 pm

Some interesting choices so far.

Goku is one of those top tier characters who are obscenely powerful and can work well with basically anybody. I oughta ban him but I won't. No items Fox only Final Destination

I dunno enough about some of these people to make a judgement yet, though, so I'll wait till I've recovered from schools, and then do some research so's I can make informed decisions.

Also, I asked my dad the same question to see what he'd come up with. After some deliberation, his response was:

-Gandalf (the White)
-The Courier (Fallout: New Vegas)
-Hellboy

Which is a good mix of abilities.

My dad is pretty good at this game.
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:15 pm

I thought about it and changed it since you are right, also I do like your dad's team. very thought out Very Happy
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Hearts
Grade : 8043
Charm : -221

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/firesword219

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:31 pm

Jin from Xenosaga, fights with a sword and ether enhanced attacks, he is even headed and mature can get along well with people and knows how to approach problems logically.

Yulie from White Knight Chronicles, she fights with a bow and has healing magic as support, can steal items from enemies as well. She is more of a follower and will follow others lead on what to do.

Rush Sykes from The Last Remnant, with his diverse skill set he makes an excellent jack of all trades, he can use offensive and defensive magic, fight on the front lines and can use a wide variety of weapons. He is a bit of a joker and would play as the mood lightener of the group.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12642
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:09 pm

>_>
<_<
Jin kinda sucked in the xenosaga series imo. I'd compare him to an FE jeigan archetype. Maybe personality wise he's good.

Speaking of:

-KOS-MOS from Xenosaga, she's a super awesome powerful android and has been consistantly powerful in all 3 games. Great offense and ether attacks, and can always take a beating. Also sexy.

-Rosalyn from Okage Shadow King, she's a hero who fights for justice and all that good shit. What I love about her is she's the best party member in the game for her high speed, power and durability. She wears a battle dress, fights with a rapier and holds an umbrella in the other hand. Also MILF.

-Alicia from Valkyrie Chronicles, the statistically best character in the game (and for good reason, without spoiling). Her abilities let her fucking solo a map in a couple of turns provided you have enough CP to spend. She's a scout, which entails low defense high movement but that couldnt be further from reality. Also, boobs.

Femme Fatales FTW.

Theyre all good guys and heroes. KOS-MOS would be best as the mage, because I found her ether attacks more useful. Rosalyn can play a good supporting role with buffs and debuffs when she's not kicking ass. Alicia is a tank under the right conditions, literally. Hell I once destroyed a tank with just her. And that's hard to do in VC.
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 8830
Charm : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by usogami Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:21 am

sakura- CARDCAPTORS!!!!!!!!!!!! nuff said

elise- tales of xillia. healer

enma ai- she kills you with a pattern on her kimono. and shes dead, so she can tank... right?

loli team. surprised others havent done 1 yet.....
usogami
usogami
God General
God General

Grade : 6248
Charm : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by TLS Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:46 am

Evil Team

The TANK: Grimmjaw Jaggerjacks: Sixth Arrancar, Embodiment of destruction, dresses like a male stripper and is okay with that.
Brings to The Table: Super Strength, Speed, Dexterity, Agility. Swordsmanship. City Block + Level Destruction. Fangirls.
Dislikes: Gingers, Pity, Emo Clowns

The ROGUE: Greed: "I'm called Greed, because I'm greedy. I want money, I want power, I want women, I WANT EVERYTHING!"
Brings to The Table: Limited Regeneration, Charisma, Wild Card Charm, Carbon Armor.
Dislikes: Not having everything. Family Reunions.

The MAGE: Magneto: Mutant Rights Activist. Terrorist. Hallocaust Survivor. Straight Up PIMP. Hetero Life Mate of Charles Xavier. Dables in light Genocide.
Brings to The Table: Complete Control over Magnets And Shit. That's it but serously this mother fucker does some crazy shit with that. He can fly and make barriers and totally fuck your shit up with some sith lightning or something.
Dislikes: Nazis. Humans.

The team works by Grimmjaw and Greed being bat shit insane and running in and busting heads. Magneto uses his power to weaken opponents the other two fight and kill any stragglers. The real genius of this team doesn't come from conflict though. All of these men are wanted criminals you see. So in order to operate safely they need Greed's WILD CARD CHARM and CHARISMA to convince people to aid them. And Magneto's MUTANT CIVIL RIGHTS ACTIVISM to recruit willing mutant minions.

There is surprisingly little friction in the group. Grimmjaw's love of violence overlaps nicely with Magneto's omnicidal tendencies. And since all three have a shared interest in world domination they generally agree they won't have need to fight until they're literally the last three people left standing.

Overall Team Affiliation: Chaotic Evil

Team SUPER FLY

The TANK: Yuri Lowell: Vigilante, Gentleman Rogue, Defender of Justice.
Brings to The Table: Infinite Combos, Sexy Hats, Vigilante Executions.
Likes: Pink Haired Nobility. Blue Haired Dragon Riding Terrorists. Flat Chested Ginger Mages. Blonde Haired Commandants. Eco-Friendly Fuel Sources
Dislikes: Not Being a Pimp. Nobility.

The ROGUE: Charon (Fallout 3): Ghoul, Bodyguard, Defender of Justice, Brainwashed Slave.
Brings to The Table: Superhuman Endurance, Is Healed by Radiation, Expert Gunman, Sniper Shotgun.
Dislikes: Chem Dealing Douchebags.

The MAGE: Sollux Captor (Homestuck): Hacker. Programmer. High Level Psychic.
Brings to The Table: Can hack any machine to do as he pleases up to and include making a grub-based instant messenger contact a type-writer. Can shoot City Block level destructive laser beams out of his eyes. Ridiculously powerful Psychic Ability. Shuriken Stars.
Likes: Computers, Being a Psychic, Being a Pimp, Beating himself up for no good reason.
Dislikes: Purple Blooded Sea Dwelling Fuck Faces who Hit on Him, Not being a Pimp.

Yuri runs in busting heads with his infinite combos and supreme sword fighting skill. Charon picks off enemies at a medium distance with his Sniper Shotgun.

Sollux stays at a distance throwing psychic projectiles or eye lasers and depending on the technology level of the opponents hacking their shit to be useless.

All three share a love of justice and doing the right thing rules be damned. They all also share a dislike for nobility. Which allows them to work together quite efficiently.

Overall Team Affiliation: Neutral Good.

Last edited by Bro on Sun May 13, 2012 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
TLS
TLS
God General
God General

Grade : 7934
Charm : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:12 pm

Ho-ly shit, you're good at this!
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by TLS Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:37 pm

Catbread wrote:Ho-ly shit, you're good at this!

thnx
TLS
TLS
God General
God General

Back to top Go down

Post by TLS Sat May 12, 2012 4:20 am

Resurrecting this thread.

Team Loki

The TANK: Loki (Dogma) A fallen angel trying to make his way to new jersey. Has no junk and is okay with that.
Brings to The Table: Guns. Raining Sulphur.
Likes: Violence, Killing assholes, Fucking with the clergy.
Dislikes: God, Jay and Silent Bob

The ROGUE: Loki (Devil Survivor) A tyrant demon looking for lulz in the Tokyo Lockdown. Also fucks over Baldur.
Brings to The Table: -dyne level spells. Shapeshifting. Demonic knowledge about fucking over Baldur.
Dislikes: Baldur, Yuzu.

The MAGE: Loki (Thor/Marvel Comics) the adopted son of Odin. Bastard son of a frost giant. Daddy's boy. Except when he's the bitch pawn of Thanos.
Brings to The Table: Shape shifting, powerful ice magic, being a really good liar, some energy shit, the ability to swap threads at will, emotional manipulation and mind control.
Likes: Family, Impressing Family, Being King, Phallic Staves, Magnificent Plans, Horns, Drinks offered by ironman.
Dislikes: Frost Giants, The Hulk.
TLS
TLS
God General
God General

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sat May 12, 2012 2:39 pm

welp