Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventures in NetHack

Go down

Adventures in NetHack Empty Adventures in NetHack

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:36 pm

What is NetHack?
NetHack is a single player dungeon exploration game that runs on a wide variety of computer systems, with a variety of graphical and text interfaces all using the same game engine.
Unlike many other Dungeons & Dragons-inspired games, the emphasis in NetHack is on discovering the detail of the dungeon and not simply killing everything in sight - in fact, killing everything in sight is a good way to die quickly.
Each game presents a different landscape - the random number generator provides an essentially unlimited number of variations of the dungeon and its denizens to be discovered by the player in one of a number of characters: you can pick your race, your role, and your gender.
NetHack is a very special game.
Here, I will post some of my experiences with it. Perhaps I will even be able to learn from them.

Terrors of the Acid Blob:

Magic Wand:

Curse of the Were-Rat:

If this game sounds like your cup of tea, you can play it too! It's freeware.
Here's the game's website, here's the game's guide, and here's a handy beginner's guide, if you'd like to have similar hilarious death-ventures in Hell.

If you do decide to join the circle of torment, feel free to ask any questions you might have. This is not an easy game.
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12697
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down