Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Right Wing Explanation

2 posters

Go down

A Right Wing Explanation Empty A Right Wing Explanation

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:32 am

Perhaps some of you are wondering, how this bright eyed loving youth becam the blinded evil republican that you see before you.

And even if you aren't, then why are you reading this right now.

I've always wondered myself what it was that really got me to start thinking this way. Of course, my parents are right wingers, but I live in New York, near the city specifically, so I'm exposed to many a democratic influence. I even had teachers scaring me into thinking that Global Warming was gonna kill my entire family. I seriously remember a teacher saying: "Global Warming will kill everyone that you ever met and care about."

But despite that, I still became a right winger. I know that the solidification of my beliefs happened when I was at my first year at college, when I was surrounded by so many left wingers, and my roomate was such a radical liberal that watched Colbert and Stewart every night, and the two of them were so sickeningly liberal that eventually I became a republican just to add some variety to my world.

But I often wondered after that, what was the initial thought that made me start to head in this direction.

And I finally figured it out:

Despite your opinion on either of these issues, the generalization of either party is this, on both these issues:

Democratic:
Abortion- Okay
Capital Punishment - Not Okay

Republican:
Abortion - Not Okay
Capital Puinishment - Okay

So, I decided to think, despite my beliefs on either (I'm okay with both in certain cases) here's what they're saying:

Republicans think that it's okay to kill criminals who commit crimes against humanity, people who murder, rape or some combination of the two of them. However, they think that if you get pregnant, you have to keep the child, or else it's murdering the child, who is still unborn.

Democrats however think, that it's okay to murder unborn children who haven't had a chance at life, BUT it ISN'T okay to murder serial murderers, rapists, cannibals, terrorists, some combination of the four, people who have had a chance at life and have made their descisions and despite that, use their life to kill others. However, killing babies is an okay activity that you're welcome to do whenever you forget to take your pill.

So, would I rather be someone who thinks killing murderers is okay? Or the ones that think killing babies is okay?

Perhaps others will think differently, and these aren't my ONLY reasons for belonging to the party that I belong to, and these ARE generalizations, but this is the idea that got me thinking.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21666
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

A Right Wing Explanation Empty Re: A Right Wing Explanation

Post by danger Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:39 pm

There are a bunch more issues you're leaving out, though, like the amount of government control over society, privacy rights, foreign policy, economic policy, etc, that you can't boil down to the two issues you listed.

Of course you get idiots in both camps, and you get entirely different camps with their own idiots. Me, I'm currently wandering around looking for a camp that's actually worth joining. Politics are basically a mess.

danger
Grand Cardinal
Grand Cardinal

Grade : 5871
Charm : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:47 pm

Kiryn wrote:There are a bunch more issues you're leaving out, though, like the amount of government control over society, privacy rights, foreign policy, economic policy, etc, that you can't boil down to the two issues you listed.

Of course you get idiots in both camps, and you get entirely different camps with their own idiots. Me, I'm currently wandering around looking for a camp that's actually worth joining. Politics are basically a mess.
Well, of course I don't base my politicol beliefs around those two concepts. That was just the initial case that got me to thinking about which party I would side with.

And a lot of my beliefs point to the right.

Granted, it would be nice if everyone got everything they wanted and needed like the left wing would hope for, but you can't just do that. It's an impossibility. As long as you have people in a world, there will be people that will suffer. Does it suck? Totally. Can we change it? Totally not.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21666
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down