Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Unknown Playthrough

5 posters

Go down

My Unknown Playthrough Empty My Unknown Playthrough

Post by Fondos Aquila Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:55 am

Grade farm Items bought:
2x Exp
Unknown mode
All Skills and Artes Carried over
All Items Carried over.
All Gald Carried over.
Titles, records, maps carried over.
Max 99 Items.

Because the first weapons were over powered, I decided to use the Fell Arms for all my characters. EVERYONE. I spent a little time getting them powered up for everyone except Judith and Raven. ATM, I am lvl 38 at Ghasforost. Things are going pretty easy, so long as I have an entire party, though I usually die VERY quickly. So far tho, the only boss I've had trouble with was Gattsuo( he killed the party within ten seconds the first battle). I'll try and keep you guys updated.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Grade : 7351
Charm : 206

Back to top Go down

My Unknown Playthrough Empty Re: My Unknown Playthrough

Post by Rozencrutz Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:33 pm

Well I think you'll start having issues about the time you start the second part where your chasing Phaeroh.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12438
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:22 pm

And Rozen was correeecccttttt. Since I was already in the mid 30's, I stopped fighting most normal enemies( used about 30+ from the time I went from Ghost ship to Mt. Temza) to prevent getting level-ups. Big mistake. I went from destroying enemies to being RAPED UP THE ASS by normal enemies. Normal battles, I'm usin 2-5+ life bottles to survive. I had slight trouble with the Weasand of Cados enemies, a good bit of trouble with the Gigantos, didn't fight any monsters in the desert (-the giganto), ran out of life bottles against the Adephagos monster in the desert, with only Karol left alive, lost once in the hunting blades battle BEFORE Belius, twice to Belius, and now I can't beat Tison and Nan. At level 41-43, Tison and Nan 1-shot Rita (who has a whopping total of 2500 HP and 500 DEFENSE), about 2-3 shotting Estelle and Judith, and killing Karol in about 5-6 hits. If he's lucky, I can get into "Steel Defense" mode, where I'll be able to take enough beatings to throw out a couple life bottles, though Tison usually just runs over and insta-kills them. I used an estimated 20-40 life bottles per dungeon, depending on whether or not I'm fighting multiple enemies at once( I used so many during the Bat battle) or an enemy that is difficulty to combo. I tend to use the Fell Arms for normal battles, but I've recently resorted to using the strongest weapons I got last playthrough for bosses so my damage output isn't piddling. I'm currently at the save in front of Ba'ul, training on the enemies there( Who happen to be 2-3 shotting me at the moment). After that, I'll be going back out the dungeon to get some Life bottles, since I'm currently at 4 (I came in with 28). Unknown is pretty challenging.

Current outlook on characters:
Karol - God Tank. The most HP (5700+), combined with 770+ Def, "Steel Defense" (reduce all damage to 10% when Hp is below 20%) AND Nice Curing Smash, almost always ensures that he get's killed last. He is a must for my party. OTG combos keep enemies occupied while other set-up. Easily closes distance AND starts combo loop with Roaring Revolution-Destruction Street-Devil Rage Rise, then repeats Havoc Break-Destruction Street-Devil Rage Rise until either knocked away, no tp, or enemy is dead. Also, he is currently the strongest character in the group.

Estelle - She's a stupid bitch who continually dies on me and refuses to use Nightingale, but she has healing spells and Resurrection/Revive ( her only redeeming features). Has the Highest defense( about 1000) in the party, but her shitty hp( 3000's) basically nullifies this. Almost useless unless given lvl 1 overlimit, where I will have to manually command her to use the spells I want. It usually amounts to "Holy Rain, Regenerate on the dead people, the revive on self, Revive on Rita/Karol, Heal, Barrier at random." She seems hell bent on using items instead of magic too. Like, She'll stop casting Revitalize to use a fucking apple Gel on Rita. RITA'S GONNA DIE IN ONE FUCKING HIT ANYWAYS, DON'T BOTHER. Useful, needed, for the most part, but irritating.

Yuri - Karol, but less useful. He's great for damaging enemies, but he won't last long. Definition of a berserker if I ever saw one. 5000+ Hp, and higher Def( 800ish) than Karol, but Lacks some HP and STEEL DEFENSE. He gets raped by multiple enemies, but if it's one enemy, Yuri is gonna eat it alive. When I'm not using Karol, I'm using Yuri. Best combo I got so far is Shining Fang-Dragon Swarm-Shining Fang-Shining Fang Drop (Over Limit lvl 1)-Dragon Swarm-Dragon Swarm-Dragon Swarm-Wind Burst Arte (Over limit lvl 2)-Dragon Swarm-Dragon Swarm-Dragon Swarm-Wind Burste Arte- Mystic Arte. Works well. Still sucks that he dies so easily jin.

Rita - Glass Cannon. A leaf will fall on her and she will die, but she wreaks havoc on enemies with her magic. I switch her between Light Magic and Heavy Magic, cuz sometimes casting faster is better, but other times power is whatcha need. I have the computer set to use lvl 1 Overlimit whenever, and it's saved my ass many a time. I love her AI, cuz she's a total jackass. One time she was low on Tp, so instead of using spells with Heavy Magic in Overlimit, she'd Use Wallis and then instantly Burst Arte. She did this like 3 times. Awesome. She can turn the impossible into the possible. Always cast Revive on her, maybe Barrier so she can survive one hit.

Raven - Love Shot and Havoc Gale/Tempest make him extremely useful as a battle member, but it's hard to place him on the scale. I can't use his Fell Arm since he came in so late. Put him in every now and then, but choose your battles wisely. He is neither a healer nor a mage, and a somewhat lackluster fighter. His role will mainly be supporting who every is doing the comboing at the moment.

Repede - He's too frail to be useful. He lacks healing moves like Karol, Yuri, and Raven, as well as the raw power of everyone minus Estelle. His mobility will be useful in a few battles maybe, but that spot could easily be filled by someone who can heal, combo, or rape with magic.

Judith - If not using Yuri, I go with her. Low Def and Hp, but can stay fairly safe once she launches an enemy into the air. A solid fighter, though her usefulness pales in comparison to Yuri and Karol in this mode. A nice back-up or change of pace if you're having trouble with something. Typically I combo >B- >B- Jump-BBBBBB-Luna Rise-Thunder Moon-Moonbeam. If you're quick, you could try a nice loop/infinite with Raging Luna Storm ( Use it on an enemy, then when you touch the ground, run up to them and start it again. You may need to hit them with a low attack first though).

That's about it on my findings. Also, I missed the first Dark Enforcer event. FML.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Oguma Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:22 am

Ah damn son

Oguma
Angel
Angel

Grade : 5648
Charm : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:22 am

Raven when controlled manually can actually be a better healer than Estelle, in a sense, but then again so is Karol.

Heres my advice, you want to set them up to have high chance of not being staggered, less chance of being interupted. Power Level if you can since Nan and Tyson are giving you the rape treatment via insanity.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:07 am

Whenever estelle is in ovl, ALWAYS, i mean ALWAYS cast force field on the entire party. A nice way (yet slightly time consuming) way to ensure everyone is targeted with just 1 spell is by placing estelle next to rita while she's casting, switch to your other 2 members and have them go to estelle then go ovl and use forcefield.

If things are getting REALLY grim, then hopefully your yuri and karol have "target same enemy as-" and they will stay together on the same enemy. If so, then you can keep your party safe by staying with rita as estelle, and switch back on forth with forcefield. Use it on rita(which will hit estelle too) then target Yuri/Karol and get both of them. Repeat. This even works OUTSIDE of overlimit because you have ten seconds of invulnerability
Rise: The Game
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29889
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:11 pm

Re-adjusting my little tier list

Raven And Judith BOTH have good defense now( Raven has the highest in the party, and Judith is about equal to Estelle. Judith is great. Raven is great.I found a good way to own with Raven, Rita, and Karol. Control rita, and constantly use Violent Pain in OVL. Set it on the right-stick for Raven to use Azure Heavens, and Karol to use Destruction Street. It DESTROYS enemies.

Also, Negative Gate > Violent Pain.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:06 pm

Len and I usually use Raven (controlled by me), Judith (semi controlled by me), Rita or Karol or Yuri or Repede (controlled by me) and Estelle controlled by Len if we are doing co op unknown mode.

Now my unknown mode, I usually use, Yuri, Rita, Raven and Karol. To me these four are my ultimate setup. With heavy magic and shizel's necklace Rita rapes, Raven with change style and a lot of skills to make him supportive, Yuri with Dhaos Cape sometimes and some various offensive skills and Karol with skills to make him God.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:41 pm

I don't know what Shizel's necklace is Sad

Your ultimate party is my current set-up now XD. I'm on Heracles, and things seem to be going well. Schwann was difficult, but I've found that Negative Gate is veeeeerrrry effective against bosses, much more so than Violent Pain. I have almost ALL skills equipped to everyone, since I got the Skills = 1SP. That's why Karol is so fricking Jesus.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kallen Kozuki Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:46 pm

Shizeru's Necklace is a prize for clearing 200 man melee.
Kallen Kozuki
Kallen Kozuki
Exodus

Grade : 8687
Charm : 292

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:47 pm

D:
What's it do?
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kallen Kozuki Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:49 pm

Make the casting time for Rita go 3/4ths faster, with Heavy magic she casts like its a normal spell. Light Magic its instant.
Kallen Kozuki
Kallen Kozuki
Exodus

Grade : 8687
Charm : 292

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:13 pm

Holy shit that's awesome
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:40 pm

Len wrote:Make the casting time for Rita go 3/4ths faster, with Heavy magic she casts like its a normal spell. Light Magic its instant.
OWIFHO)*WEYFR)*IHFRWwehfeo9w8fyw98yfhed

WHY THE FUCK DID I NOT DO THE 200 MAN MELEE URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29889
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content