Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First meetings et al

5 posters

Go down

First meetings et al Empty First meetings et al

Post by Nightmare Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:17 pm

So what was it like when you first met one of your 'net friends? This was somewhat inspired by the love thread, so please, let's keep this full of love and protons (+). Please, please, please no nagging about how the past used to be so much better than the present and things like that. The past is great and we should reminisce on the good times but we should also move on and make the future better than the great past. Basically, don't be overly nostalgic and/or negative, as this is supposed to be a happy thread. So with that, let us begin.

I'll start with MaSu/Eric/York. When I first saw him, he seemed like an ok guy. Then he started posting various spam-like topics in non-spam sections and I was like "wow what a noob!" and I have to admit, that was pretty noobish. I was pretty indifferent to him. I don't know what our first interaction was, but it must have been something that made Masu add me as a friend, and I added him back. Sometime after that, the Swordmaster incident happened and that's what really brought us close. The rest is history; he got me into Melty, we Melty'd, and all that.

I think it's appropriate to continue with Branded/Syn. At first he was just some guy, but as he posted more, I admired him because of how he seemed to be similar to me. As time passed, his Soren avatar became even more relevant to his personality and soon enough, I guess we became friends. I'm not sure how much interaction we had, aside from inside topics, until I got his MSN and that's when I found out we're not as similar as I first thought, but we're not terribly different either. And the rest...is history.

I'm not sure who else. Go go Power Rangers.
Nightmare
Nightmare
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Grade : 6470
Charm : 214

http://www.pingas.com

Back to top Go down

First meetings et al Empty Re: First meetings et al

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:25 pm

This is my first online community
So I got nothin
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12706
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:01 pm

Runescape. Started with my irl friends getting me to start it and join their clan, then my friends list started to grow as I played longer and longer. I can't say I remember many of them now, but there were some awesome people on there. I eventually met my "first" "girlfriend" on here (9th grade, 12 years old). After a few weeks, we actually exchanged numbers and talked over the phone. Eventually, we just fell out of touch, as school started to overwhelm us. She was a nice girl.

My first real FORUM was Neoseeker, which I simply used for asking questions and setting up online stuff. Nobody of interest.

The BIG one was SERENES. Oh the joy I had. Aside from flaming anyone bold enough to make a stupid comment, I enjoyed the love and friendship of a few people. RedFoxOfFire was someone I REALLY liked, as we were constantly defending each other in the Casuals V Debaters Era. I miss how close we were.

Then there was Thingy Person, who was just an all around good guy. He listened VERY well. He also was fairly good at empathizing. I miss him. Interesting fellow.

Why-fi was a fun fellow, and random like I. He was just nice to talk to on the chat.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Grade : 7401
Charm : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatsuya Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:27 pm

I met most of you all at Serene's Forest before I got banned.

I remember the first day MaSu joined, which was 7 days after I did (or was it 9), but anyways I remembered when I saw his Ecchi pic of Miachia (or however you spell it, that dumb bitch from FE 10), of course it was during a school class too.
Tatsuya
Tatsuya
Exodus

Grade : 7713
Charm : 141

Back to top Go down

Post by Creeping Shadow Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:49 pm

Nightmare wrote:

I'm not sure who else. Go go Power Rangers.

lol, ouch. :P

But seriously, if I can recall back in the day when Runescape was a big part of my life I think back on a couple of friends I made with our "clans". But then I also look back on how much of a lame immature little punk I was (and probably still am :P ). We used to do that whole "PKing" thing, it was good times. We all eventually quit playing and the last time I logged on I deleted them off of my friends list, oh time just keeps on slipping. Laughing
Creeping Shadow
Creeping Shadow
Grand Cardinal
Grand Cardinal

Grade : 5902
Charm : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:56 pm

Ouch?

Anyway, I forgot to mention but I mostly meant about the friends you have here, how did you meet them, etc.

Sorry for the confusion.
Nightmare
Nightmare
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Grade : 6470
Charm : 214

http://www.pingas.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Creeping Shadow Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:58 pm

Nightmare wrote:Ouch?

Anyway, I forgot to mention but I mostly meant about the friends you have here, how did you meet them, etc.

Sorry for the confusion.

Nah, no harm done.

I was just messing around. (Notice the "but seriously," in the second part of the post, and the :P emote.) :P
Creeping Shadow
Creeping Shadow
Grand Cardinal
Grand Cardinal

Grade : 5902
Charm : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: