Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fallout 3 rant: The Brotherhood of Steel

2 posters

Go down

A Fallout 3 rant: The Brotherhood of Steel Empty A Fallout 3 rant: The Brotherhood of Steel

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:11 pm

When you first encounter the BoS, you're traveling through the ruins of DC, and you're probably at a early level. Maybe level 10 max. And when you do encounter them, they treat you like shit. Pretty much. You plow through waves of Super Mutants to get to Galaxy News Radio, and you do about as much damage to the supermutants as any of they do. You're only disadvantage to them is that they have power armor and you have a smelly vault tech suit. And when you ask them to join at first, they say: "Psht. Yeah right."

Then when you get to Galaxy News Radio, the place is swarmed with Super Mutants and Super Mutant Brutes, and the BoS soldiers have a tough time dealing with them. In fact, some of the ones that were there, may very well die at the battle of Galaxy News.

Of course, any of them that survive are likely to be killed by the Behemoth that shows up to kill you all.

Now, there's a fat man and a handfull of Mini Nukes sitting on the park bench right there, and while the rest of the Brotherhood of Steel will attack the Behemoth's kneecaps with their laser rifiles, you are smart enough to grab the fat man, and launch a mini nuke into the Behemoth's face, killing it, if not doing an excessive amount of damage to it. And even if you aren't, you're smart enough to hide behind a sandbag under the little roof of galaxy news, so that the Behemoth can't club you in the face, while Lyons and Vargas get "knocked unconcious" several times, which is the equivalent of death for characters that are important to the story.

After you kill the Behemoth, granted the half dozen BoS members do help a little, you ask to join again, and they say: "Well, you're not as bad as I thought kid, but you're still not good enough."

So the BoS dissappear for a while, and you go back to looking for your Dad. Eventually the Enclave come along and fucks things up for everyone, and you meet up with the BoS again, this time they let you into their secret base, but they still don't let you join. They at least let you learn how to use their power armor, but even then if you have Operation Anchorage, that's useless.

So they send you, AND YOU ALONE (Unless you get a partner YOURSELF), into a hive of Supermutants, Supermutant brutes, Super Mutant Masters, and perhaps a few SuperMutant Overlords, to recieve the GECK and then get captured by the Enclave.

So then you fight your way throught the Enclave base, taking out a small army of Enclave soldiers, destroy their base, kill their leader, and escape the base, you're only help being a few robots and a Deathclaw that will try to kill you too.

So, this all in mind, you fought through 100 supermutants and perhaps 50 Enclave soldiers ALL ON YOUR OWN.

Meanwhile, you put ANY BoS member in a room with 3 Enclave soldiers, and you can kiss that BoS guy goodbye.

So you get back to the BoS base, where they have all been sitting drinking some coffee and fiddling with a robot that is the ONLY thing that actually assists you from the BoS, and what's the first thing they say:

"Oh. By the way, congradulations! You're part of our team now! Here, take our jersey, and we'll take the credit for your work. happy"

FUCK YOU BROTHERHOOD OF STEEL. I liteally tell them: "Take your power armor and shove it up your ass bitch."

Though, to his credit, Paladin Tristan says: "...The brotherhood would be almost nothing without you..." So though he may be fairly useless in combat, like any other BoS member, at least he's aware that you are King of the Wasteland.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21656
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

A Fallout 3 rant: The Brotherhood of Steel Empty Re: A Fallout 3 rant: The Brotherhood of Steel

Post by Rozencrutz Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:48 am

I hate the Brotherhood of Steel no matter what, I always be a bitch to them, mainly because I hate them more than I hate your characters worthless excuse for a father who abandons you in a hole in the ground with a madman and his army of loyal mindless slaves.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12468
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

A Fallout 3 rant: The Brotherhood of Steel Empty Re: A Fallout 3 rant: The Brotherhood of Steel

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:59 am

Lol. If he wasn't voiced by Liam Nieson, I'd probably hate him too. But whenever I start to get pissed off at him he says: "Don't worry. Everything's alright." in that soothing voice of his.

It was hilarious when I decided to shoot him in the back of the head with the BB gun, then he fell over "unconcious" just before Jonas said: "Smile!" Then went the click, and whirr of the camera and the timeskip to the future.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:25 pm

Lyle Dayek wrote:Lol. If he wasn't voiced by Liam Nieson, I'd probably hate him too. But whenever I start to get pissed off at him he says: "Don't worry. Everything's alright." in that soothing voice of his.

It was hilarious when I decided to shoot him in the back of the head with the BB gun, then he fell over "unconcious" just before Jonas said: "Smile!" Then went the click, and whirr of the camera and the timeskip to the future.

And I so seen his death coming when you found him, I figured you would find him as he was dying but instead he dies not even a quest later.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:39 pm

Well, at least he has the courtesy to die. Rather than having to put up with him the whole fucking time.

Also, I think they were over-reacting when the Enclave showed up. Sure, they're liars, but they DO want what's best for the country and the people. I mean, why not work with them, rather than end up causing a war with them?

I never found the Enclave to be bad people, until you wound up trying to kill them. Which is your fault. Not theirs. I mean, Liam Neison didn't even say: "Well why don't we work together? I still want control over the project, but we'll cooperate with you to get it done and working."

It's like they were revolting against the Enclave for no better reason to revolt.

Eden was the only one that was truly evil. And even then he just wanted to help out too. Autum probably would have been a nice guy had you not try to kill him, his soldiers, his leader, and destroy the country.

There should have been an Enclave path for the game. At least for Broken Steel. I don't count blowing up the Citadel, as that's just one big middle finger to them for no reason other than to give them a big middle finger.

The only benefit from it is that you get Callahan's Magnum. And that's not really much better than the Blackhawk.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:09 pm

Lyle Dayek wrote:Well, at least he has the courtesy to die. Rather than having to put up with him the whole fucking time.

Also, I think they were over-reacting when the Enclave showed up. Sure, they're liars, but they DO want what's best for the country and the people. I mean, why not work with them, rather than end up causing a war with them?

I never found the Enclave to be bad people, until you wound up trying to kill them. Which is your fault. Not theirs. I mean, Liam Neison didn't even say: "Well why don't we work together? I still want control over the project, but we'll cooperate with you to get it done and working."

It's like they were revolting against the Enclave for no better reason to revolt.

Eden was the only one that was truly evil. And even then he just wanted to help out too. Autum probably would have been a nice guy had you not try to kill him, his soldiers, his leader, and destroy the country.

There should have been an Enclave path for the game. At least for Broken Steel. I don't count blowing up the Citadel, as that's just one big middle finger to them for no reason other than to give them a big middle finger.

The only benefit from it is that you get Callahan's Magnum. And that's not really much better than the Blackhawk.

They needed an Enclave route badly.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:11 pm

Indeed.

And I wonder, are they going to use Dr. Li again? Or was that just a lousy excuse for the fact that they couldn't afford the voice actress for her?
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:15 pm

Lyle Dayek wrote:Indeed.

And I wonder, are they going to use Dr. Li again? Or was that just a lousy excuse for the fact that they couldn't afford the voice actress for her?

Probably not, considering they didn't use the same VA for Rothchild, the new one almost sounds like some pedo.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:17 pm

Rozencrutz wrote:

Probably not, considering they didn't use the same VA for Rothchild, the new one almost sounds like some pedo.
Really? I didn't notice Rothchild was different. I was too busy debating all the time whether or not I wanted to shoot him.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:23 pm

Lyle Dayek wrote:
Rozencrutz wrote:

Really? I didn't notice Rothchild was different. I was too busy debating all the time whether or not I wanted to shoot him.

Yeah one time I blew up the purifier just to be a jerk face, then I went on an insane killing spree and killed the entire brotherhood.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:30 pm

Lol. On my evil runthrough, I blew up the Citadel, then after killing Lyons, I tore off all her armor, used the cannibal skill, then dragged her corpse into the river.

As gross as that would be, it felt sooooo good.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down