Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Quest for the Holy Persona 4 Arena

5 posters

Go down

The Quest for the Holy Persona 4 Arena Empty The Quest for the Holy Persona 4 Arena

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:28 pm

So, today, I worked from 9-12, Cause I was supposed to have the day off, but they pleaded that I come in, and I'm a schmuck so I did it. And I decided, after work I'll get lunch, and then the game.

But that's not when the story really began. I felt lazy, so a few days before I ordered the game off amazon. But after thinking about it for a few days, last night I decided: "Wait. Fuck that. I'm paying an extra 5 dollars, to have the game delivered to me a week later. That's stupid." So I cancelled the order.

Deciding I'd rather not go to gamestop, cause I'm not a big fan of them anymore. I went to a local and growing business called: "Play and Trade." Apparently the guy there knows the mayor of our town or something, cause he was talking to the guy. Regardless, I asked him about the game. He said that it was supposed to have arrived, but the truck didn't come yet.
So I left, got a little lunch, got some ice cream and went back.
He told me that the truck wouldn't be coming till later in the evening.

So with tears in my eyes, I left Play and Trade, and reluctantly headed to Gamestop, under a vague hope that they might have it. After waiting in line behind a woman picking out a spiderman game for her son, it was my turn. So I asked him about it.

"did you preorder?" Having ordered it off amazon, and cancelling it, I didn't, so I said "No."
"Eeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhh, unfortunately all we have left are pre-orders, the only copy we had free was sold this morning."

So, I left, rather pissed off. Seriously. Fuck Gamestop. If a game comes out on the release date, who the FUCK orders one free copy of it? It basically forces you into pre-ordering it. How the fuck does that make ANY business sense WHATSOEVER!?
Imagine, you're a film maker. And you decide: "Well, people want to come see my movie. But, I'm not gonna let any more people in, other than one person, that didn't already order their tickets in advance."

Why does it make ANY sense, to limit the amount of people to purchase a product at your store?
If you read nothing else in this topic, either for laziness, incompetence, or illiteracy, I'm guessing mostly it's the first one, the one thing you SHOULD take out of this is this moral right here:

FUCK GAMESTOP. THEY ARE CON-ARTISTS. THEY ARE ASSHOLES. DON'T BUY GAMES FROM THEIR STORE.

So, once again with tears in my eyes, and defeat in my heart, I headed back home, thinking that I'd just go to play and trade tomorrow. But as I drove past, I saw Best Buy. Since I had the rest of the day off, and no P4 Arena to play, I'd stop there and take a look. Went there, looked around, an associate asked me if I needed help, but I said no I was good, as I usually do.

And I couldn't find it.

But then I decided: "Hell. Maybe it's like my job, and half the stuff isn't even off the truck yet." So I asked the associate if he knew anything about it. "Here, follow me." And he lead me to a shelf with at least 5 copies of P4Arena on it. "Awww yeah. You guys rock. I'm never going to Gamestop again."

So yeah. Best Buy had 5 copies free, AT LEAST, and you're telling me Gamestop can't get more than 1? Best Buy does pre-orders too, so there's no excuse for that. Play and Trade I can forgive, cause the guy was pissed off about it, and you can't help stupid truck drivers mucking things up. But Best Buy has risen in my respect.

So the moral of the story is: Big Corporations like Gamestop suck. But, some big corporations, like Best Buy, are big corporations for a reason: They do good work. Also, fuck Gamestop, again.

Edit: Also, I don't mean to insult anyone who WORKS at Gamestop, just the higher ups that make the decisions. They're the ones that are the fuckers. I have no problem with that guy at Gamestop personally, other than he was a little on the creepy salesperson side and a little smug, but I really don't care about that. More than anything, I dislike the people running gamestop.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21655
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

The Quest for the Holy Persona 4 Arena Empty Re: The Quest for the Holy Persona 4 Arena

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:24 pm

Wow this story was legit suspenseful
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12685
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

The Quest for the Holy Persona 4 Arena Empty Re: The Quest for the Holy Persona 4 Arena

Post by Rozencrutz Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:26 pm

Its funny cause the gamestop where i live has like 20 copies of it.

And every other store has never heard of it.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12467
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:52 am

Hei wrote:Its funny cause the gamestop where i live has like 20 copies of it.

And every other store has never heard of it.

thats how it was for me too. My gamestops were LOADED with copies of them.
Rise: The Game
Rise: The Game
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29918
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:21 pm

I had to call in advance to get a hold on one. Mine had 2 copies for the 360, and about 8 or so for the PS3.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 17820
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:23 am

Well, maybe it's a Long Island phenominon, but the gamestops here are run by fuckwads.

So if you're ever on long island, and looking to buy a video game, forgo gamestop.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21655
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down