Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Losing at Video Games

+6
Rozencrutz
The Universe
Rise: The Game
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Kilvas
SHSL Gang Leader
10 posters

Go down

Losing at Video Games Empty Losing at Video Games

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:59 pm

Talk about the best failures you or others had in a vidya gaem

Of course I made this topic to post this thing that happened to me ten minutes ago:

I been playing Mega Man III on the Wii's Virtual Console. It's hard.
Of the 8 robot masters, I had beaten only 2, Top Man and Spark Man, and both of them gave me worthless new attacks (spin around/paralyze enemies for a couple seconds, causing no damage).
All the other stages were too hard BECAUSE I NEED BETTER WEAPONS

Gemini Man's was one of the most possible-looking ones, so I spent many hours over the last week or so running his death gauntlet of water, bombs, killer dragonflies, etc, featuring my favorite thing, "Press the jump button wrong and walk off the edge of a platform and die"

One time I actually got to Gemini Man. He made a clone and it shot me and I died

Then I got 6 lives and was all "YEAH NO WAY I CAN LOSE NOW" and then walked off the edge of a platform and died six times in a row

Then I made it to Gemini Man with 2 energy tanks and was all "YEAH NO WAY I CAN LOSE NOW" and then used both of the energy tanks at the same time by accident and he killed me and I got Game Over

BUT THEN JUST NOW

I picked "Continue" instead of "Stage Select" by mistake and was forced to do Gemini Man's stage again cause there's no leaving a stage once you're in it
Instead of killing myself to escape I angrily tried the stage AND BEAT THE DEATH GAUNTLET ON THE FIRST SHOT

Got to Gemini Man with three energy tanks and 5 lives
Started the fight and could PREDICT HIS MOVEMENTS
I was owning him with the Mega Buster without using any tanks at all
Victory was guaranteed and I know he gives me an awesome laser so I was like ABOUT FUCKING TIME
Then he ran into me and vanished

He did not come back

His health was at half and it stayed there

It was just me standing around in his empty boss room with the boss theme playing

Here's what this means:
I can only leave a level by
1. Game Over (and there is no way to kill myself in the room)
2. Beating the boss (the boss disappeared)
3. Resetting the game (Mega Man 3 doesn't have save data, it uses passwords instead- and I wasn't writing them down because the Wii lets me suspend my progress at any time, so I didn't need them.)

So the only way out is to reset the game and I have no way to get my progress back

So to sum up

Gemini Man killed me so hard he sent me back to the start of the game

It's the equivalent of Kvar or someone similar erasing a ToS save file

I left the game on in case Mega Man spontaneously explodes

I can't bring myself to hit that reset button

So

Got any failure stories of your own
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12691
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

Losing at Video Games Empty Re: Losing at Video Games

Post by Kilvas Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:22 pm

I remember one time in FE10, Micaiah got hit with a 93% of hit. TWICE. *headdesk*
Kilvas
Kilvas

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 17826
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:34 pm

One time in Fallout 3, I was feeling a little playful, so I placed a couple of bottlecap mines on the ground. I stood up to alert a super mutant with a nail board so he would run over and get his ass blown up by the bottlecap mines.

As it turns out, he had a grenade on him too. The grenade hit me in the face, exploded, triggered my 12 bottlecap mines, sending my post apocalyptic corpse hurtling through the air.

So I loaded a save and just fat manned the supermutant in the face.

meh Bastard.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21661
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:23 pm

"Talk about the best failures you or others had in a vidya game"

Anytime Tsukune fights me in melty blood.

I was playing left 4 dead and all of my partners were down. Then that sfx played that says "HERE COMES A RANDOM HORDE!" but it was in a narrow hallway. So they were all coming from the front, so i was liek "OH YAH MOLOTOV IT SON!" and burned the horde........but......the fire spread and burned my partners to death, i WOULD have picked them up, but I was at 10 hp and would have been downed in the flames, so I ran as far as possible, found some [louis] PILLS HERE AND GRABBED EVERYTHING I COULD[louis] and made it to the saferoom, all while listening to a hilarious soundtrack of tsukune going "GOD DAMMIT YOU BASTARD FUCKING SON OF A BITCH LEAVING SUCH AN AWESOME PLAYER AS I BLAH BLAH BLAH GENERIC KIBA RAGE Y'ALL KNOW THE DRILL ALREADY!"

it was pro.
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29924
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:54 pm

Wait, we can do OTHER people's screw ups too?

In that case:

Me, Masu, Kiba, and this other random guy were playing the final level of Dead Air in L4D. We were losing the game, but we kept getting ripped off every match. And even though there was no way for us to come back, we wanted to at least win the final to boost our score.

So we're not doing that great. We're surviving, but two of us are in the red, I'm at about 60, and Kiba's in the yellow. And we all notice the calm before the tank arrives. Knowing that it's too late to go heal up, the two in the red (Masu and the other dude) get knocked down by the oncomming tank. The Tank sees me, and starts running after me, while I'm unloading as many bullets into him as possible, and praying that 1. the tank will be stupid and still go for me and I'll end up killing him before he does me and kiba in. 2. I'm hoping that kiba will have the good sense to use the oppurtunity I created for him wisely.

Sadly NOT. Kiba uses the time, rather than shooting the tank from behind, rather than helping one of the two grounded allies, he runs over, grabs a health pack, then walks out into the open area, and then starts healing. I, unable to keep the tank on my tail anymore, watch this, as the tank then runs up to Kiba, bashing his skull in, and then leaving me the only one left alive to fight the tank, the smoker/boomer/hunter that were still out there, and the zombie horde that was coming out of the woodwork. So the tank punches me and I die as well.

So we lose.

How's THAT for epic suckage.

And before you ask, no Kiba, you will not ever live that down. Not until you make up for it by getting everyone of your teamates in that match 7 beautiful harem girls, or if you do something even worse than that. Cause even if you DID managed to heal, three hits and your back down to nothing again. Heal your partner, and yeah he's still crippled, but you have an extra firearm or another person to heal your other downed friend.

Moral: Don't be selfish.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Universe Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:59 pm

I was playing Melty Blood with Masu...

The End.
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Grade : 8316
Charm : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:02 am

Mufasa wrote:*describes the epic failure that happened*

Oh god, that story NEVER gets old XD

Oh I know another one:

Desu Lyle Desu's brother and I were all playing dead air together, and we barely got lyle to the end of the terminal stage. The horde was on his tail, he had 1 hp, and was in the black and white. So Desu and I make it in, then his brother. Then Lyle comes limping in and a zombie was on his ass, but aparently lyle knew he would make it in before he got hit, because as he walked in he shouted "WAIT WAIT DONT SHOOT!-"

BLAM.

POKEMASTRLETTUC HAS KILLED THE FAWECET
KAROLSAGE DIES OF LAUGHTER

Lyle was killed the second he stepped into the saferoom by accident, and the whole team knew it was a mistake, as we all started laughing our asses off about it for about 10 mins.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:02 am

FE7: Hector killed himself fighting a wall.

Chaos Wars: Died hitting an invisible wall, hit with enormous Chaotic Gods shockwave, that didn't kill me the wall did.

ToD2 PSP: Kyle died using an item. NO ITEMS EVERRRRRRRR!!!!!!
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12473
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:06 am

Masu wrote:
Mufasa wrote:*describes the epic failure that happened*

Oh god, that story NEVER gets old XD

Oh I know another one:

Desu Lyle Desu's brother and I were all playing dead air together, and we barely got lyle to the end of the terminal stage. The horde was on his tail, he had 1 hp, and was in the black and white. So Desu and I make it in, then his brother. Then Lyle comes limping in and a zombie was on his ass, but aparently lyle knew he would make it in before he got hit, because as he walked in he shouted "WAIT WAIT DONT SHOOT!-"

BLAM.

POKEMASTRLETTUC HAS KILLED THE FAWECET
KAROLSAGE DIES OF LAUGHTER

Lyle was killed the second he stepped into the saferoom by accident, and the whole team knew it was a mistake, as we all started laughing our asses off about it for about 10 mins.
That was the single greatest L4D moment ever.

"JESUSBUGGERALLDON'TSHOOT!!!"
*Shoots*
*Dies*
*Insane laughter.*
*Enemy team goes 'Wut?'*
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:10 am

There was this one time in Left 4 Dead when Desu and I lost to Tsukune and Deathreapr.

Needless to say, I felt like a bitch.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Human Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:09 pm

Someone in a Mario Kart Wii Wi-Fi match was about to win. The last second, someone pushed this person over the edge. And, the guy came in last. I call this a epic fail. Very Happy

Human
Replica
Replica

Grade : 5484
Charm : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:29 pm

fighting games, the end
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Hearts
Grade : 7874
Charm : -221

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/firesword219

Back to top Go down

Post by Goudy Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:49 am

Playying mk wii with my cousin everytime he would fall we had to start over again. finally he doesnt fall, he throws a shell trying to hit me, i avoid it, but it bounces and hits me then a blue shelll comes and hits me right after the green shell and i fall (Rainbow road.) i tried to catch up but dammed bowser pushed me off. he won and then he started to say he was the best eventhough he had only won two out of the 6 complete races.
Goudy
Goudy
Huma
Huma

Grade : 5471
Charm : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:53 pm

This isn't about me failing, but someone else:

I was playing L4D on Dead Air, and my team was kicking ass. It was one of those games where we were winning, but there was a possibility that we could lose. You know, one of the great games. And we were on the finalie, so it was either make or break. We went first, and we kicked ass. I suggested we go to the back of the area, which is pretty much a invincible area save a Tank and a clever Smoker, and when the Tanks came, we killed them without taking much damage. I was the only one ever down the whole match, and only cause I never used my initial health pack. We won, and got 2200 points for it.

Then we played as the infected, and in order to ensure our victory we tried to win as the infected. They stole my strategy which was running in the back, but luckily for us, one of them lagged behind and we nabbed him, forcing his comrades to come back. We then got a tank and knocked two down with a dumpster, and boomered the other two. Needless to say, we won.

And here comes the fail part: We get back to the lobby and the members of my team say "Good games." etc etc, the other guys didn't have mics, and one of them was the lobby leader. All of a sudden, I see one of my teammates leave randomly, and I think: "Huh?" and then I see a message: "You were kicked from the lobby."

So, the lobby leader was such a LOSER, that he couldn't take that we kicked their asses, and he booted our team from the game.

This is bigger fail than the story of Kiba healing while there's a tank. This is something that even Kiba wouldn't do.

Let it be known that whomever that person is, he is the biggest FAILURE that I've EVER seen in L4D. It's something I'd expect someone like MaleFox to do. But even he wouldn't be THAT lame. He'd certainly would come close though.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:14 pm

Mufasa wrote:So, the lobby leader was such a LOSER, that he couldn't take that we kicked their asses, and he booted our team from the game.
That's considered a double-win
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12691
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:36 pm

Incidently, MM3 was my favorite... and top man's power killed the final boss for me.

On topic: When I get really mad after losing a bunch of times I'll either try again and come back later or grind if its an RPG.
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Grade : 8661
Charm : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:20 pm

Alright so I was playing Fire Emblem 4 and I got killed by Ira just Ira no one else.....

In other news, I was playing Castlevania Order of Ecclasia on hard mode was almost to a save room and i died because of a random medusa head of death.....
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12473
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down