Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allow me to edjucate you all: An Overview of Timesplitters Future Perfect

+2
Toriko
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
6 posters

Go down

Allow me to edjucate you all: An Overview of Timesplitters Future Perfect Empty Allow me to edjucate you all: An Overview of Timesplitters Future Perfect

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:57 pm

There's a general consensus among gamers that FPSes usually have very bad storylines, and are mostly not even needed to make a game great. While for most FPSes this is true, however, Timesplitters is an FPS that takes it's story and creates an epic tale taking you through a sci-fi war, a horror mansion zombie apocalypse, and the 1960s to stop a major crime villain from setting off a nuke, without ever feeling out of place. Also, it has some of the best humor ever been incorporated into a game, as shown in this video here:

And the whole game is like that.

Time travel is a very dangerous plot element. It can be very rewarding if done well, (Futurama, Back to the Future, Hot Tub Time Machine) but if done improperly, it could end up going terribly haywire (Terminators).

Timesplitters is a game that does Time Travel perfectly. Every action taken that screws with the time travel gets explained later or earlier in the game. A shining moment of Timesplitters is when you are trapped in a room on your own, and have to fend off turrets, robot spiders, and activate 2 control panels at the same time. So, three versions of yourself come out of a time portal and help you to accomplish those tasks. As a result, you must go through that same fight 3 more times, covering a different area of the boss fight.

Which leads me to the combat. The gameplay is standard FPS style. But this was before the regenerating health plaguephenominon, so you wouldn't heal without actually finding health or armor. But where Timesplitters excells is the vast arsenal of weaponry you're exposed to.

For example, when fighting in the future, naturally, you have many various laser pistols, rifles, and plasma grenades. In ye-old england warfare, you have a hunting rifle, classic assault rifle, and a trusty pistol....and a flare gun.
So, along with various maps and scenery, you have various weaponry to explore throughout the game.

Which leads me to the multiplayer.
Now, imagine Halo's multiplayer for a second. FYI they totally ripped off Timesplitters BTW Now imagine instead of the same 2 dudes copy and pasted in different color armor, imagine this: A spartan replaced with a zombie monkey in a top hat. And now, instead of that boring old assault rilfe, imagine the monkey is weilding a harpoon gun. And, instead of a gritty war-torn battlefield, imagine that you're on a blimp. And instead of that copy and pasted Arbiter in different colors, your opponent is a classic disco dude dual-wielding flare guns via a strategy I call: Point-click-boom-death.

And it'll seem like a much more vibrant, much better gaming experience. That's pretty much Timesplitters, and imagine that on XBL multiplayer, and you'll imagine the amount of GOLD that would make for any developer.

The thing about Timesplitters is that you have the entire existence at your disposal. And everything is attached together without having to worry about continuity or how well it flows into the next scene. In Future Perfect, you go from a burning mansion full of zombies, to the top of a building in a futuristic world, shooting scifi turrets with electro-cancelling gun and you would never notice any break in immersion or gameplay flow.

In short:

Gameplay - Gold

Potential Multiplayer - Gold

Storyline - Beyond Gold.

Timesplitters Future Perfect sits on my top 5 favorite games of all time. It's my favorite FPS of all time, just because of the story. Buy it. And this is why that sequel that was shelved in place for whatever bullshit Crytek felt like putting out is a terrible idea, and that if they put it out, it would make terrible amounts of money.

Any addition comments brother Catbread?
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21660
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Allow me to edjucate you all: An Overview of Timesplitters Future Perfect Empty Re: Allow me to edjucate you all: An Overview of Timesplitters Future Perfect

Post by Toriko Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:02 pm

I loved the game series, so when this came out I immediately bought it. I had it for years then had to sell it for money :/
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Hearts
Grade : 7873
Charm : -221

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/firesword219

Back to top Go down

Allow me to edjucate you all: An Overview of Timesplitters Future Perfect Empty Re: Allow me to edjucate you all: An Overview of Timesplitters Future Perfect

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:31 pm

Time travel? A wide range of settings and weapons? Humor? Playing as a cactus on stilts?
Yep, this game had my name all over it.
If not for Team Fortress, it'd be my favorite FPS. Online multiplayer would be godly, as long as they don't always pick FUCKING SIBERIA
FFFFF SNIPERS

Also, one thing that Mufasa didn't mention- there was a level creator. It was limited, but fun to mess around with.
It had great co-op, too, and a massive range of game modes for single player with loads of unlockable characters.

Sadly, Free Radical was working on Timesplitters 4 a while back, but the company had some issues...
Here's some concept art from a long time ago.
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12690
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:05 pm

I read this topic as "Allow me to ejaculate you all"

.>.
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Grade : 8660
Charm : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:08 pm

Come here Metal Rabbit~
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:13 pm

This game sounds pretty sweet, I will have to look for a copy.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12472
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:25 pm

Whomever mal repped Timesplitters should DIEEEEEEE
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:42 pm

On 1 November 2010 Crytek UK announced that they were discussing with publishers whether releasing Timesplitters 4 is the right move to take

Hope. For a brighter tomorrow.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:07 pm

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/30/crytek-discussing-possibility-of-timesplitters-4-needs-crysis-2/
Our anticipation for Crysis 2 just skyrocketed for a terrible, terrible reason. See, in a recent interview with CVG, Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli responded to a query about the possibility of a new entry in the TimeSplitters franchise by saying, "Yeah, we have been discussing it, but nothing has been confirmed yet, so let's see after Crysis 2." The developers of the chronologically unstable series, Free Radical, were purchased by Crytek back in 2009, and now have their hands full with developing Crysis 2's multiplayer component.

Don't get us wrong -- we're definitely looking forward to Crysis 2 based solely on its own merits as an innovative first-person shooter. But we also want a new TimeSplitters, and if that means we have to ship Crysis 2 before it's ready to free up resources, then, well, that's an egg we're willing to break.
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by TLS Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:11 pm

TL:DR but Time Splitters is amazing and I'd fuck the soundtrack so this thread is A+
TLS
TLS
God General
God General

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 7764
Charm : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:12 pm

Yes. My friend showed me this the other day.

If they were smart, they would reveal development at E3 this year. If they're talking about it, it means it's gotta be coming at some point. It's obvious people want it, otherwise why would the interviewer ask about it?

Sure it's probably 2-3 years off, but announcing it is enough to make me roar out a cry of victory.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:59 am

On July 30, 2011, an article in Official Playstation Magazine September 2011 edition claimed that the fourth installment was to be announced soon by Crytek, stating "Gun-wielding monkeys are making a comeback! A fourth TimeSplitters title is to be announced soon.

There is a God. He has granted me with this gift.
HOPE WINS AGAIN!!!
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:13 pm

Mufasa wrote:
On July 30, 2011, an article in Official Playstation Magazine September 2011 edition claimed that the fourth installment was to be announced soon by Crytek, stating "Gun-wielding monkeys are making a comeback! A fourth TimeSplitters title is to be announced soon.

There is a God. He has granted me with this gift.
HOPE WINS AGAIN!!!
Oho! Very nice.
I'll keep an eye out for an official announcement.
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:27 pm

Indeed.

Probably not till E3 season. That's when an announcement this large should be released. From a marketing standpoint. It's a big cult game, and with the right forces behind it, it could rival Halo.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:35 pm

I agree, I'm a halo fan but timesplitters come first over that game, this game was just pure awesome, hopes for an announcement soon and now I can't wait to play online with it ._.
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Hearts
Grade : 7873
Charm : -221

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/firesword219

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down