Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The future. The present. Ramblings.

+3
SHSL Gang Leader
Rise: The Game
Fondos Aquila
7 posters

Go down

The future. The present. Ramblings. Empty The future. The present. Ramblings.

Post by Fondos Aquila Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:03 pm

Just in a pensive mood at the moment. Thinking about a lot of things(cuz that's what I do). I'm sure we've all envisioned ourselves in the future at some point. Where we will be. Who we will become. How the world will be different, or unchanged. My question is, what do you see for yourself in the future? What do you want? What kind of person do you want to be, if not the kind of person you are now? Are you working towards that life, or do you see it slowly slipping out of your grasp? Do you even care?

I bring this all up because I was thinkin' about my own life in the same way. It feels like everything is moving so quickly, and it's not going anywhere near what I planned. But I feel that I can still make my way, in this new path, to the future life I desire.

• Where do I want to be? I want to be, in 5 or so years(give or take) on my own. Preferably not in the military. I want to have made serious progress towards becoming a teacher. I'm talkin' being a sub at least.

Who do I want to be? That's a hard question to answer I think. I've always envisioned myself as being a very kind person. I want to be good neighbor, the kind you go over to ask for a tool or help without fear, the one who has people over for dinner or possibly neighborhood events like BBQs and Book Clubs. Old-fashioned? Cliche? Maybe. But that feeling of community and connection is important to me.

I want to live in a more tolerant and open world. I know there isn't much I can do to change the world, but I'm hoping that by trying to spread that view to all the people I come in contact with, I can at least affect the world around me. Love is contagious.

tl;dr I think about the future, what do you think?

And if you don't really care... then don't comment?
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Grade : 7523
Charm : 206

Back to top Go down

The future. The present. Ramblings. Empty Re: The future. The present. Ramblings.

Post by Rise: The Game Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:16 pm

All i want is to have a townhouse with a room just for all of my anime figures and posters. Im dead serious. If i can have a home wtih my own personal collection room i'll be happy.
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 30061
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

The future. The present. Ramblings. Empty Re: The future. The present. Ramblings.

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:41 pm

Fondos Aquila wrote:I want to live in a more tolerant and open world. I know there isn't much I can do to change the world, but I'm hoping that by trying to spread that view to all the people I come in contact with, I can at least affect the world around me. Love is contagious.
Good luck! Doing this is harder than it sounds.
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12828
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:43 pm

Well, in about 5-10 years, I'd like to have my own small art design business. Custom prints, graphics, logos, designs, anything. I'd love to frequent Artist Alley's at cons. And I'd like to be graduated and living on my own.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 17963
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:00 am

In 5-10 years I want to be either on my own or with someone I care about and with a degree and close to it, I just want to be out of school and have a job and have an easy life except for the part about keeping a healthy relationship with a woman i care about and my friends that I have right now.
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Hearts
Grade : 8011
Charm : -221

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/firesword219

Back to top Go down

Post by usogami Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:05 am

in 5-10 years.... i dont rly know what i really want.... well, ill just make a list of things that sounds nice

-a lover. hopefully female, to avoid parent problems
- a home, one where i do not live in by my self. hopefully shared with one or two other people.
- a successful comic that i actually have the drive and motivation to write, draw, edit, color, and finish by myself.
- if not comic, then a game or a job in graphic design would work too.

and most importantly- to not feel alone.
usogami
usogami
God General
God General

Grade : 6216
Charm : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:52 pm

ideally i'd like to marry someone rich and beautiful who will support me, but that's about as likely as my dream to govern a large flying island. the fact that those two things are all that comes to mind when im asked that question shows just how little direction my life has. Way I see i if you're going to order me around for over twelve years and then tell me "now pick a career and support yourself" that's way too much pressure. Granted it's no more responsiblity than any other member of our society has, but i can barely decide what to have for breakfast each morning. I guess i'll be doin whatever i can that makes me happy if im still alive. Im not suicidal but i decided a long time ago that happiness is the priority and im not scared of death.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Grade : 10230
Charm : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down