Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales of GracesF

+8
Desror
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
The Universe
Pardalis
Kallen Kozuki
Rozencrutz
SHSL Gang Leader
Rise: The Game
12 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Tales of GracesF - Page 5 Empty Re: Tales of GracesF

Post by Rise: The Game Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:15 pm

Catbread wrote:Notice what I have listed as my favorite Tales game.

I almost beat the future arc. Got about halfway through the Queen's funhouse before Diablo 3 came out, and then things got a bit hectic and I stopped. I'll go back to finish it, though.

its good

Nice.

Oh fuckin little queen. To hell with her :<
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 30093
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer7625 Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:50 pm

I am in the Lastalia Shaft on Fodra. Just got into the place and haven't played for a few days, but I think I am doing quite well.

Only beat Little Queen once, I know I have
Spoiler:
Gamer7625
Gamer7625
Angel
Angel

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 5647
Charm : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:33 pm

Gamer7625 wrote:I am in the Lastalia Shaft on Fodra. Just got into the place and haven't played for a few days, but I think I am doing quite well.

Only beat Little Queen once, I know I have
Spoiler:

Nice! You're just about at the end.

Whats your party?
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 30093
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer7625 Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:35 am

I have Asbel and Cheria on at all times (only recently started maining Cheria on my team, but I needed her healing as Sophie wasn't cutting it anymore)

The other two slots will depend on who I want. Generally Hubert/Sophie/Richard in the second slot and Pascal/Richard/Malik in the third slot.

Also, I am right at the "IF YOU PASS BEYOND THIS POINT THERE IS NO GOING BACK" thing. So I am trying to get certain titles up and I will probably go back for those transformation titles. I then need to get Sophie's Third Special and her 25 hit combo special after Lineages and Legacy (which I recently found out how to get lol). I MIGHT try for Asbel's 50 hit special, but I'm not sure yet
Gamer7625
Gamer7625
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:35 pm

I just beat the game last night all the way through.

I have to say, this is probably the most fun I've had with the gameplay of any tales game I've played. I LOVE the CC system. It fits really well with my strategy of just beating the pulp out of the enemy.

That said, I think I'm just really bad at Tales games. After I beat the final boss (and using up like all my life bottles, cause the bitch combos like fuck, and the fire that appears around her doesn't help), I did some of the extra dungeons and stuff in the following order:

Rockagong - Wanted to get the fur, realized it was a fucking giant monster (surprise), but I wanted to do what I could. After Hubey Doobey and Cheria died and Sophie running right into the mouth of the beast, having got the fur I decided it was time to leave. Mission accomplished. Sort of.

Uncharted Sandstretch - Managed to survive a bit longer here. Pretty much had Cheria constantly healing, and had Hubey Doobey and Sophie die at least 3 times between the two of them, and myself having died as well, I decided probably not best place to train. I did manage to get to the dungeon at the end though, avoiding the monsters. And beat that through, feeling a bit more confident.

Kurt's Pendant - So, having done a few requests, I wanted to do this one. Got to the area, knowing the boss there was quite toughie. I tried fighting him before and got my ass kicked. Having beaten the game, I figured I would have a better shot now.
I was wrong.

Zhonecage - Having my pride shattered, I decided I needed a place to train, I looked up places to level up, and everyone was saying here was the first place. Walking around I thought: "Hey cute, you fight little versions of everyone." Got into a fight: "OH DEAR LORD."
WHY DO THEY DO SO MUCH DAMAGE? ; ;

So, with my pride completely shot, I did a few more random sidequests, did riot peak challenge, beat the normal one, got fairly far in the Master class before I was down to just picking between Cheria and Pascal. Pascal, having no healing moves was thus killed after a while, and I decided to restart from there, hoping that my grade would help in the future when I decide to challenge Zhonecage again.

Overall, I really loved the battle system of the game, and I liked the story, but it felt a little simple. Not a whole lot of character arcs, things just kinda get resolved without any sort of thing happening. Hubert and Asbel never really settled their differences, they just kinda got over it. I'm still not really sure why Malik or Pascal joined up with the group initially, specifically Pascal. The game's story just didn't have a whole lot going on. You get the one goal: Help Richard. And that's pretty much the whole game. Plus an additional goal: Help Sophie. In Vesperia, everyone had some kind of dramatic character arc, same with Abyss, and Symphonia, in this, it has no gritty depth to it. Fucking Yuri kills two people in cold blood, watching one of them screaming as he sinks into the sand. Conversely, Asbel never wavers even slightly on trying to convince a man to come to reason, despite him trying to murder everything, based solely on the two of them hanging out for ONE day when they were kids.

Story isn't BAD, but it seems like it has no grit. No bite, and not a whole lot of grizzly depth. It's entire feel is summed up by it's opening theme. Very happy and feel good. But if you think about it, it's a little wimpy.

Fucking stoked on the gameplay though. Gonna play it through again, I know.

Also, I think it's official: I'm bad at tales games. But I really like them, and I really WANT to be good at them. Lol.

EDIT: I think I avoided spoilers here, but if anyone spots anything that is, please tell me so I could put it in tags.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Grade : 21830
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer7625 Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:05 am

I am still in front of the final boss
Spoiler:
(for those who aren't sure which final boss I mean) I am training people up to at least get someone's
Spoiler:
50 Hit combo special. After that, I may take on the boss and then get Sophie's 3rd Special and some other combo specials I missed, and Melon Gels...then I might take on the Zhonecage.

On a Side Note, I'd like to try and get Asbel's 50 hit combo special, but it is REALLY tough to get...you need to get all the Adept and Mastery titles for ALL his A artes...I mostly use B artes, but have been using more A artes. God why must Asbel be so difficult sometimes?
Gamer7625
Gamer7625
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down