Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Atlus has no plans to localize catherine

5 posters

Go down

Atlus has no plans to localize catherine Empty Atlus has no plans to localize catherine

Post by Rise: The Game Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:27 pm

http://www.destructoid.com/atlus-has-no-plans-to-release-catherine-in-north-america-194958.phtml

on one hand, i feel better for ordering the jp version 2 days ago.

on the other hand, sad face
Rise: The Game
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29941
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Atlus has no plans to localize catherine Empty Re: Atlus has no plans to localize catherine

Post by TLS Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:05 am

ffffffffffffffffffffffffff-

Meh it's prolly' due to their financial troubles and also the overt sexual stuff dooming sales in US.
TLS
TLS
God General
God General

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 7782
Charm : 47

Back to top Go down

Atlus has no plans to localize catherine Empty Re: Atlus has no plans to localize catherine

Post by Rise: The Game Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:15 am

Yeah speaking of that.

Ive watched 2 playthroughs of the game. Theres like, NO sexual shit like they made the game out to be. Theres that one scene they showed in the 1st trailer, and maybe like one more. Other than that its just vincent waking up to a nude catherine, which is censored. lol
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29941
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:16 am

Yeah, that's kinda bummer.

It saves me money though. Lotsa good games coming out this year.

However I still have faith. If it does well in Japan then maybe we'll see it. But I assume the main reason is the sexuality to it. Most americans are too immature to look past the titties.

*Picks up copy of playboy.*

Edit: In response to Masu's post that was simultaneous with mine, so long as there's some kind of sexuality to it, Japanese games aren't allowed.

They'll let something like 'The Witcher' show breasts in literally EVERY trailer the game has, but the people are so damn xenophobic. Whomever decides what gets in or not.

Though, that's not really fair. It's not like they're stopping it from going through. It's Atlus at this point.

I am a bit surprised about this news. Cause they did have Vinny in the american version of P3P. I would have figured that it would have been easier to just take him out than to translate all his dialogue. Kinda a gamer cocktease there Atlus. Sadface.

So long as they don't pull the crap that Namco-Bandai did and Shut out like ALL of their games from us, I'm fine with it though.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21678
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:03 pm

Ah this is kinda depressing but I guess it's not that big a deal, I am kind looking down the barrel of several new games coming out I really want.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12490
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:03 pm

I'm not totally surprised, but am a little disappointed
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 8678
Charm : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down