Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where were you 10 years ago?

+2
SHSL Gang Leader
Arc
6 posters

Go down

Where were you 10 years ago? Empty Where were you 10 years ago?

Post by Arc Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:21 am

You know what I mean.

I was in the 4th grade, and had barely gotten to school when all the teachers were talking about something away from us. Next thing we knew we were being rushed back to home and I asked my grandma what had happened. I didn't understand what it meant at the time, i didn't know what the towers were or the significance of it all. I just know that alot of people were sad.

Despite my political and personal beliefs about the nation (and any wars we might have been involved since then)... I won't forget how sad it made the people near me.
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 8670
Charm : 274

Back to top Go down

Where were you 10 years ago? Empty Re: Where were you 10 years ago?

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:22 am

...I forget.
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12700
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:30 am

Be careful with jokes. Just saying.
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Grade : 8670
Charm : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:33 am

Yeah, I know.

I just can't remember exactly where I was back then. My memory isn't any good.

I was in my room...Illinois, maybe? That's all I got.
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12700
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:41 am

I was in 4th grade too, maybe 5th, but I'm pretty sure 4th. About an hour and a half in class I noticed kids were going home early, I wondered why. Then I was sent home. Then I did homework the rest of the day.
I think I remember seeing stuff on the news about it, but I was too young to know exactly what was going on... D:

EDIT: Wait I remember, In 5th grade we had like a half hour moment if silence, then our school had a fundraiser. I don't think it was on the day it happend though. It coulda been a year anniversary of it though or something, I really don't remember...my memory fails...D:

Last edited by LinuxMaiden on Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kilvas
Kilvas

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 17835
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:05 am

I was in 7th grade I think? I feel kinda gyped now, seeing as you guys were all a few states away at the time and got out of school. We had to stay the whole day where we lived. And we're about an hour away from the city.

They did lock us in our second period class for a while. I remember wondering why they did that. It's not like terrorists would specifically attack our middle school, and it's not like there was a killer out on the loose in the school. I assume now that they locked us in to give them some time to discuss what they should do about it? But who really knows? The school was run very poorly at the time.

When I found out what happened, from another student, most of the teachers didn't tell us what exactly had happened, ((did I mention the school was run poorly?)) I didn't think it was a big deal. Someone crashed a small plane into one of the twin towers. I thought of it as one of those old personal planes and someone stupid screwed up.

When I finally DID get home, and things were explained to me properly by the news, and family and etc, that's when things seemed to get more real for me. I effectively consider 9/11 the day that my childhood innocence died, or at least started to die, and I realized that there are people out there that seriously want to hurt others.

Luckily, no one in my family was injured, though my mother's uncle was near the location. I was told that he was unharmed, but covered in dust and dirt when he got back home. He used to work in the World Trade Center, but had retired by that point.

Looking back on it now, I feel most angry about the way my school handled it. I understand that they kept us in school. They couldn't exaclty know which parents were home, etc etc. But I am upset that they didn't let us know what had happened. It was pretty disrespectful and showed me that they didn't consider us 'worthy' of the information. They treated us like children, we were 11-13, old enough to know better. I understand trying to keep us from being scared, but after the lockdown thing, and not telling us WHY, rumors spread, people make shit up, it just turns into utter chaos.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Grade : 21670
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:20 am

I was on the other side of the world so it was night time for me. I came out and the rents were watching the news with a couple of burning buildings on screen. I didn't really get the gravity of the situation, and the only thing I could make out that was significant was that "someone blew up the place where Auntie used to work, we're lucky she moved away not too long ago". I went back to bed.

I can't lie, even today I feel way to detached from the situation. I know how I'm supposed to feel, but it's kinda like reading about wars past for me. I even ignore a lot of the news that's relevant to today. It's not a responsible mindset, but I think I'd just be freaking myself out if I didn't ignore it.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Grade : 10102
Charm : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:29 pm

I was in 6th grade i think, ask eric since we're in the same generation and he has better memory about this stuff i believe. My principal just randomly stopped everything and had us turn on the news to see it and we took like 2hr pause of silence.....sooooo boring.
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Hearts
Grade : 7883
Charm : -221

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/firesword219

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down