Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you could see into your life 10 years down the road, would you do so?

+8
The Universe
Nightmare
Fondos Aquila
SHSL Gang Leader
Emerald Jealousy
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Rozencrutz
Rise: The Game
12 posters

Go down

If you could see into your life 10 years down the road, would you do so? Empty If you could see into your life 10 years down the road, would you do so?

Post by Rise: The Game Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:29 pm

Personally, I wouldnt. Seeing the future would ruin my life for me, because it takes the fun out of not knowing what i'll end up becoming. If i were to look in the future, and saw I was doing something i'd never dream of being, like say, a hair designer, I'd feel like I'd have to suddenly gain an interest in it. Therefore, I would be ridding myself of enjoying my life at the moment because I would be like "I cant like cooking, because im gonna be this ten years down the road and I dunno when exactly it will happen so I should get a head start!" and in doing that, I could possibly be fucking myself over and make a drastic change and instead, become a super hobo or something :/
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29933
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

If you could see into your life 10 years down the road, would you do so? Empty Re: If you could see into your life 10 years down the road, would you do so?

Post by Rozencrutz Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:37 pm

Same I wouldnt want to see it either, I would royally mess up or something also I'd rather not know whats gonna happen to me in ten years till im there.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12482
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

If you could see into your life 10 years down the road, would you do so? Empty Re: If you could see into your life 10 years down the road, would you do so?

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:49 pm

It's be interesting to see. But on the other hand, it's more interesting to live it.

I would like to see how I was like ten years ago instead actually. See just how dramatically I've changed since then.

And then kick my ass for being such a little bitch.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21670
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by Emerald Jealousy Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:03 am

Lesse

I'm married, I'm a game designer, I'm playing a game while my wife is doing something awesome.
Emerald Jealousy
Emerald Jealousy
Grand Cardinal
Grand Cardinal

Grade : 5814
Charm : -163

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:05 am

Miles "Tails" Prower wrote:Lesse

I'm married, I'm a game designer, I'm playing a game while my wife is doing something awesome.
But the problem is, what if you saw something else

DUN DUN DUNNNN
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12700
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:26 am

I'd see it. Why not? Not like I'll see myself doing something and be like "OMAHGAWSH I NEVER SAW THIS COMING NOOOOOO!!". If I'm doing something I don't expect, oh well. I'll live my life normally, and I'm sure things will work itself out. No offense, but I think this "oh no it takes the fun out of life! Unpredictability is fun!" stuff is utter bullshit. Why would lose happiness. You lose NOTHING by knowing your future, and if you suddenly have no motivation for TEN YEARS, then you're just retarded from the get-go. Just because you want to be a ballerina, but you windup as a carpenter doesn't mean quit dancing now. You have no idea what leads up to that point. You could be a professional ballerina for 9 years, then leave because you're sick of the community or lack of respect or something. Also, you saw your future, but nobody said you could CHANGE your future. As far as I see it, there's nothing you can do to stop you from ending up there. Besides, what's to stop you from ending up WORSE.

I just really don't understand what people find "fun" about not knowing the future. I know for a FACT that Masu isn't having fun not knowing the future, cuz you always seem bored/apathetic/emo as fuck.

Also, in case you guys missed it, I did say no offense somewhere in there.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Grade : 7395
Charm : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:41 am

Arakune wrote:I'd see it. Why not? Not like I'll see myself doing something and be like "OMAHGAWSH I NEVER SAW THIS COMING NOOOOOO!!". If I'm doing something I don't expect, oh well. I'll live my life normally, and I'm sure things will work itself out. No offense, but I think this "oh no it takes the fun out of life! Unpredictability is fun!" stuff is utter bullshit. Why would lose happiness. You lose NOTHING by knowing your future, and if you suddenly have no motivation for TEN YEARS, then you're just retarded from the get-go. Just because you want to be a ballerina, but you windup as a carpenter doesn't mean quit dancing now. You have no idea what leads up to that point. You could be a professional ballerina for 9 years, then leave because you're sick of the community or lack of respect or something. Also, you saw your future, but nobody said you could CHANGE your future. As far as I see it, there's nothing you can do to stop you from ending up there. Besides, what's to stop you from ending up WORSE.

I just really don't understand what people find "fun" about not knowing the future. I know for a FACT that Masu isn't having fun not knowing the future, cuz you always seem bored/apathetic/emo as fuck.

Also, in case you guys missed it, I did say no offense somewhere in there.

Thats cool. But knowing is one of the only things that drives me to even bother with some things, because who knows how i may turn out? You don't, and neither do I. Thats why not knowing is better IMO lol
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29933
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:25 pm

Masu....emo? Bwahaha.

Anyway, I'm really not sure. I'm pretty confident my future will turn out the way I want it to, or at least very close to what I want so seeing my future...perhaps the decision I've made to have exactly what I want will show me a bright one. I could really use a morale boost about now, so that probably wouldn't be bad, but on the other hand, I'd like to be surprised that my efforts paid off.
Nightmare
Nightmare
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Grade : 6464
Charm : 214

http://www.pingas.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Universe Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:26 pm

Uhhhhhh...yes.

Mainly so I could ask myself who wins the world series the next ten years and make a killing on bets.

No I did not steal that from Back to the Future II go to hell.
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Grade : 8325
Charm : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:42 pm

I wouldn't, personally. It would just be more surprising. If I did know, everything would seem really dull, I'd just be waiting for it to happen. Besides, I like surprises. :D
Most of the time...<< >>
Kilvas
Kilvas

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 17835
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freohr Datia Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:36 pm

No way I would so not try to look. I am curious but I'd rather not. I'm sure many would understand why. Many agree
Freohr Datia
Freohr Datia
Grand Cardinal
Grand Cardinal

Grade : 5806
Charm : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Turret Slayer!!! Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:22 am

I wouldn't. I'm bored enough not knowing the future.
Turret Slayer!!!
Turret Slayer!!!
RP Mod
RP Mod

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12670
Charm : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by District_Attorney_Bears Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:32 pm

I would be back home in Ireland with a nice chick and beer and my own kids and a great life, hopfully
District_Attorney_Bears
District_Attorney_Bears
Replica
Replica

Grade : 5361
Charm : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Universe Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:36 pm

District_Attorney_Bears wrote:I would be back home in Ireland with a nice chick and beer and my own kids and a great life, hopfully

What does that have to do with anything?
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Grade : 8325
Charm : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by District_Attorney_Bears Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:43 pm

because thats how i see my life will be in 10 years
District_Attorney_Bears
District_Attorney_Bears
Replica
Replica

Grade : 5361
Charm : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down