Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you do when a hobo asks you for money?

+3
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Kilvas
Rise: The Game
7 posters

Go down

What do you do when a hobo asks you for money? Empty What do you do when a hobo asks you for money?

Post by Rise: The Game Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:24 pm

Its as the title says. Theres time when you're just walking, be it alone or with a group, and you'll have a homeless (or seemingly homeless) person come to you and ask for money. How do you respond?

Me? Before I would feel bad for them when I was younger, but I began to see that theres actually people who fake it just for free money. I've seen people use the same little "Im deaf and need help god bless!" paper/letter in three different states. I've seen a guy in my area who gets dropped off by either his wife or mother or sister or whoever, and he just goes around the shopping center I use to work at (this was like 5 years ago) begging people for money saying hes homeless.

After seeing such instances, now I dont give out money to them, unless its some loose change that i DONT need in my pocket or some shit. Alot of actual hobos just use the money on booze anyways :/ So i feel bad for legitimate homeless people who need help, but those swindling assholes have damned them from ever getting anything above 80 cents from me for all eternity. Maybe karma will eat those guys alive or something lol

Also I prefer to NOT give them money, because if its a local/constant person, they will actually single out and target/remember people who actually generously give them money, and wont leave them alone. I had that problem back when I was 16 or so.
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 30053
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

What do you do when a hobo asks you for money? Empty Re: What do you do when a hobo asks you for money?

Post by Kilvas Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Yeah, not to be a bad person, I tend to not give them any. I used to feel bad too when I was younger, and I feel bad when i see homeless kids. Nowadays I don't feel so bad, unless it's a kid. But I remember seeing one guy that said he was homeless. He had brand new shoes and a shiny rolex watch.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 17955
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

What do you do when a hobo asks you for money? Empty Re: What do you do when a hobo asks you for money?

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:44 pm

Call em Stefan.

No seriously, it's hard to say. I'll give them money if they show that they're working at it. One guy was like, selling postcards, and was really friendly. Or if they're like, disabled in some way.

But a lot of them aren't as bad off as they let on. I'm sure they're not fibbing completely, but it's hard for me to sympathize 100%.

Ideally, I'd just take em out to dinner. I'm sure they have plenty of good stories. Plus, it gives them a good meal, you get to know them, see if they're chill, then give them money.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21790
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:51 pm

Mufasa wrote:
Ideally, I'd just take em out to dinner. I'm sure they have plenty of good stories. Plus, it gives them a good meal, you get to know them, see if they're chill, then give them money.
Please don't do that. That a big gamble, it could be really unsafe.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:55 pm

Deidara wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
Please don't do that. That a big gamble, it could be really unsafe.

Im gonna assume you've never done this right? I hope not. Like she said that could turn out really badly D:
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:23 pm

What, if you walk to a public place and buy them a meal?
Granted you do it with a group of people. You don't be stupid about it
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Grade : 21790
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by usogami Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:03 pm

id rather not give anything after an experience vietnam.... dont want homeless mobbing me asking for money...

besides. humans suck. and most humans are really just sheeple, though i might need a word that dosent offend sheep...
usogami
usogami
God General
God General

Grade : 6208
Charm : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonShield Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:17 pm

I never give any money to the homeless in my area, there's literally one guy who just wanders around the shopping center in my town and asks for money, and that guy is pretty fucking well off to begin with. Though in the end if they were really homeless and needed help and I had some like spare change I'd give it to them.
CrimsonShield
CrimsonShield
Huma
Huma

Grade : 4542
Charm : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:27 pm

Mufasa wrote:What, if you walk to a public place and buy them a meal?
Granted you do it with a group of people. You don't be stupid about it
That first part is still completely unsafe. You don't be stupid about it. D:
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:30 pm

If you do want em to eat I say just give em the money for it, if they squander it on something else then they deserve to not eat.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:40 am

Masu wrote:If you do want em to eat I say just give em the money for it, if they squander it on something else then they deserve to not eat.
This
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:34 am

i look at them first to see if they're really homeless or not because after working in D.C. I know a thing or 2 if they really are or not, also if you're smoking while asking for money i just say go kill yourself some other way. but most people i see asking for coffee instead of money and I actually do it because I can see they're actually homeless AND on rare occasions they have like skin cancer or something
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Hearts
Grade : 8003
Charm : -221

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/firesword219

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:17 pm

90% of the time i dont give. I just ignore them and continue on. But sometimes when i have change in my pocket i might give it.
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Grade : 8790
Charm : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down