Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect 2

3 posters

Go down

Mass Effect 2 Empty Mass Effect 2

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:21 am

So it comes out in a little over a week from the time this is posted, and I'm starting to get pretty excited. I saw a few of the character videos for the new people. As follows:

Miranda Lawson:

a human informant, a major protagonist in Mass Effect Galaxy and a squad member in Mass Effect 2. As Jacob Taylor's informant, she gives him guidance and advice during missions, often via hologram. Miranda is very well traveled and has many contacts, extending from Citadel space and the Terminus Systems, to as far as the hostile Nemean Abyss.
She's supposed to be a member of Cerberus. Hopefully not the same people who were part of Ceberus in the last Mass Effect...

Thane:

Thane Krios is a drell assassin, rumored to be the most skilled in the galaxy. Unlike most assassins, who prefer to snipe their targets from a distance, Thane likes to get up close and kill his target personally, utilizing a mixture of stealth, firearms and biotic abilities. Despite this approach, he is cool and calculated in his work. Though adept at his profession, Thane experiences strong feelings of guilt about his job and prays for himself after each kill. Firmly believing this act of penance should never be forsaken, Thane will even go as far as to ignore those in his immediate vicinity until he is finished doing so. Thane is also reportedly one of Mass Effect 2's romantic interests.
-I'm not sure if I like him yet. He kinda seems emotionless. But I guess that's part of his character. It's too bad we've seen that type of character a 100 times now.

Grunt:

Located in the Afterlife Club on Omega, he is sought by Shepard as a potential recruit to his squad as he leads them on a mission to discover why humans all across the galaxy are disappearing. Lacking the sense of personal honour other members of his race hold, he is both violent and highly unpredictable. While considered by Cerberus to be reckless, unpredictable and irrationally violent, he is nonetheless considered of high value to the mission thanks to his unsurpassed physical strength and fighting prowess. In close quarters, Grunt is known to charge recklessly into the midst of his foes, though unlike more disciplined krogan fighters, such as Wrex, he may not necessarily wait for Shepard's orders before doing so.
-To me, Grunt seems like a poor man's Urdnot Wrex. Another type of character we've seen 100 times over, I'm not expecting too much out of him character wise. Wrex had a lot of depth to him, and I'll miss him. HE's still around if you didn't kill him on Virmire, and I would never do that, even at the cost of my own testicles. That's how much I loved Wrex. So, Grunt has a high standard to live up to. His voice actor has a large resume though, so I might give him a fair shot.

Subject Zero:

Subject Zero is a human biotic and confirmed squad member. A young woman with a mysterious and violent past, she was once the subject of experiments that resulted in a enhancement of her biotic abilities; which had the added side effect of her unpredictable and fiery personality. This manifests itself in a lust for combat, a tendency to spout profanities and a body covered from head to toe in elaborate tattoos, marking kills and events in her life. She has run with various gangs and at one point was a cult member, keeping her head shaved after her departure. Subject Zero is described by Shepard as "dangerous, powerful and extremely violent." She is a potential (and notably blunt) romance interest for a male Shepard.
-Great. Another person to call: Zero. And another crazy bitch. She seems powerful, but they always do in the trailer. I'm interested in her abilities, but not much else. If she don't satisfy, then she ain't in it.

That's it for people I saw in videos, but there are more:

Samara:

Samara is an asari Justicar, a lawless vigilante that operates on a strict code outside of government rule. Her strong conviction to her position is said to stem from a past incident that has left her with a burden of guilt. She is a powerful biotic, distinguished by her graceful movements in combat. She is reportedly approximately 600 years old.
Another Asari. Personally, I wasn't too fond of the Asari as a whole. The only reason I put up with them was cause of Lesbianism. .....Anyway, she seems like she might be better than Liara, but frankly a monkey with boobs would be a more interesting character than Liara. At least from a biological standpoint.

Mordin Solus:

Professor Mordin Solus is a doctor, scientist and the first salarian to join Shepard's squad, appearing for the first time in Mass Effect 2. He is described as "very smart, fast-talking and surprisingly brutal in his thinking" and being someone for whom the ends justifies the means. His distinguishing physical characteristics are his pale complexion, the dark tattoo on his forehead, his wrinkled skin and his truncated right horn. He also bears two scars, one cross shaped scar on his left cheek and a long scar running from above his left eye to the base of his left horn.
-FINALLY. A salarian partner. I always thought that the salarians were cool. And I was hoping that that one captain guy on Virmire would join up, even though the party was full. But hey, Ashley/Kaiden died, why couldn't we add a new guy? Anyway, I think I might use this guy, but I gotta see how he pairs up with everyone first. I already know one person who's gonna be in my permanent party.

Jacob Taylor:

Jacob Taylor is a human biotic, the main protagonist of Mass Effect Galaxy and a squad member in Mass Effect 2[1]. A former Alliance Marine under the command of Major Derek Izunami, he resigned after surviving the geth attack on Eden Prime.

Jacob is a highly experienced fighter, and is skilled in the use of assault rifles, biotic abilities, heavy weapons and tech attacks. He works professionally alongside Miranda Lawson, who functions as his informant.
-Hey! A black guy! I was worried that they all died out! At least the soldiers. Anyway, looking forward to having a black guy around. I'm not sure WHY, cause he doesn't seem like the guy to crack a 'yo mama' joke. At least not as often as Wrex would have.

That's all for the new characters. As for the old ones, they all return, but a lot of them don't join your party. Mainly cause half of them have the potential to die, and at least one does.
As for returning party members, we have Garrus and more importantly: Tali'Zorah nar Rayya. Mah baby. I don't care what kind of tentacles she got growin out of her, I think she's the hottest chick in Mass Effect. She's gonna be in my party till the end of everything.

There's more info, but that's all I felt I could type this morning.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21678
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 2 Empty Re: Mass Effect 2

Post by Rozencrutz Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:14 pm

Also don't forget Tali is returning in this one.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12490
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:17 pm

I mentioned that.

But yes. Tali is important enough to mention twice. At the very least.

BTW, Tali is coming back.

I was always so so on Garrus. But I liked how you could make him either a vigilante, or a rule follower in it.

Also, Tali should be made a spectre.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kallen Kozuki Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:38 pm

Have you read any on the new classes unique abilities?
Kallen Kozuki
Kallen Kozuki
Exodus

Grade : 8739
Charm : 292

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:42 pm

No. I didn't see any on that. But this is the site I got all my info from:

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_2
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kallen Kozuki Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:51 pm

I do a lot of developer video watching so thats why I brought that one up.
Kallen Kozuki
Kallen Kozuki
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:54 am

I'm liking the Inflitrator's improvments, a cloaking device that doesn't turn off when you shoot the enemies.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12490
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:24 am

Never played as the Infiltrator. XD

Vanguard FTW. At least when combined with Wrex and Tali.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kallen Kozuki Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:52 pm

I am more liking the engineer, combat drone and infinite elemental grenades XD.
Kallen Kozuki
Kallen Kozuki
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:59 pm

Well, with Vanguard, Tali, and Wrex, I have a full team of Shotgun wielding titans. Or as I like to call it: 'The Point, Click, Death' team.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down